Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: 1BadJeepBruiser's RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Now with more Bruiser suspension 3/2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #41

Default Re: 1BadJeepBruiser's RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Now with more Bruiser suspension 3/2

Looks great, you're truck over all is one of my favorites.
I have some of the bruiser shackles also, I'm going to do this simple mod.

Last edited by Boyd1980; 03-03-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Boyd1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

Default Re: 1BadJeepBruiser's RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Now with more Bruiser suspension 3/2

Honestly, I haven't been keeping up with the TF2 builds except Kila's. But after seeing your "jumping" thread, decided to check out your build. Now want one! Great Job
cutlaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:48 PM   #43
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlaSS View Post
Honestly, I haven't been keeping up with the TF2 builds except Kila's. But after seeing your "jumping" thread, decided to check out your build. Now want one! Great Job
Thanks! They are a solid rig right out of the box with a little bit of mods and some personalization they really come alive

Last edited by 1BadJeepBruiser; 03-23-2012 at 03:55 PM.
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #44
RCC Addict

I love this truck!!
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

nice build man, i built mine last night and did the chino mods to the leafs and running shooter shackles in the rear..i,m not sure how much difference it made..i was wondering how useing the bruiser mounts and changing the rear hanger helps or why change the rear hanger?..i,m guess the leafs have a different arc/length?
thanx
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:53 PM   #46
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
nice build man, i built mine last night and did the chino mods to the leafs and running shooter shackles in the rear..i,m not sure how much difference it made..i was wondering how useing the bruiser mounts and changing the rear hanger helps or why change the rear hanger?..i,m guess the leafs have a different arc/length?
thanx
I have my truck set up very differently then most. My goal with my scalers is really one thing...Make the rear tires tuck. I can careless how it runs either wise as long as it looks the part on the trail/rocks. I found that with my soft rear suspension that my shackles were flipping vertically and getting stuck in that position from the shackle angle being very laxed in combination with a very soft spring set up. By running the bruiser set up the bruiser leafs are longer which made the shackle angle to relaxed. By running the bruiser shackle it moved the shackle back on the frame and created the needed angle. The bruiser shackle is also longer which compensates for the very flat bruiser leaf springs. Hope that helps.

-Mike
Old 03-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
My goal with my scalers is really one thing...Make the rear tires tuck. I can careless how it runs either wise as long as it looks the part on the trail/rocks.
It sure does look the part. That truck is definitely one of my favorites. I'm going to go with the rock stomper tires as well.. they look so good
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
I have my truck set up very differently then most. My goal with my scalers is really one thing...Make the rear tires tuck. I can careless how it runs either wise as long as it looks the part on the trail/rocks. I found that with my soft rear suspension that my shackles were flipping vertically and getting stuck in that position from the shackle angle being very laxed in combination with a very soft spring set up. By running the bruiser set up the bruiser leafs are longer which made the shackle angle to relaxed. By running the bruiser shackle it moved the shackle back on the frame and created the needed angle. The bruiser shackle is also longer which compensates for the very flat bruiser leaf springs. Hope that helps.

-Mike
awsome explanation thanx i have all the bits to do it, at least i think i do..but my leafs have more arc than on my bruiser..maybee jugg leafs? and i agree with die laughing those tires are perfect..well the whole rig
thanx
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

whats up with the camero in the background is it 4sale
teamreedracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #50
RCC Addict

These things are sweet, truck turned out awesome Mike!

NO SNORKEL!! just looks so much cleaner without it

These kits are sweet, but one thing that is bugging me, is the rear bumper crooked or anything? The more I look at it, the more it looks crooked, or off in some way. I cant place my finger on it, but it sure catches my eye everytime I look at the pics.

Other than that, SICK truck! Really making me want one now
Going Up! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #51
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Up! View Post
These things are sweet, truck turned out awesome Mike!

NO SNORKEL!! just looks so much cleaner without it

These kits are sweet, but one thing that is bugging me, is the rear bumper crooked or anything? The more I look at it, the more it looks crooked, or off in some way. I cant place my finger on it, but it sure catches my eye everytime I look at the pics.

Other than that, SICK truck! Really making me want one now
Yes, it is slightly crooked, this is because the lower tubing of it is directly under the the bed while the rest had to be outside of it obviously to act as corner guards! The design of it is as low profile as possible with this level of protection as well.
ScaleFreak93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Hey Mike, you inspired me to get some stompers after seeing how sick your truck looks with them on along with all the other work you did, my question though is how did you manage to get rid of the tire rub on the lower wheel wells while compressing the front end? I have a ubolt kit coming front and rear and have been advised that it will allow me to get the axles moved on the leafs to center or push the axle forward front and rear, can thin hexes help or will they cause more issues than its worth? Thanks Kurt.
kurtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #53
Sinking with the ship

Kurt,
My truck is running rather custom suspension. Using the bruiser leaf hangers in the front pushes the axle forward I then still slid the axle forward on the leafs so my wheel base is stretched much like you do on a real toyota. My 1:1 4Runner is actually stretched when I did the SAS. The rear suspension is bruiser leafs which are longer so I also had to slide it forward slightly on the leafs. Even right from the factory I noticed the tires tuck more towards the rear of the well then to the center.

You can also always do a lil scale fender trimming as well .

Last edited by 1BadJeepBruiser; 04-15-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #54
RCC Addict

Thanks man, I figured as much and I am aware of the bruiser suspension you have just wasn't sure what your situation was. Are you running the thin hexes too? Thx
kurtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #55
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtus420 View Post
Thanks man, I figured as much and I am aware of the bruiser suspension you have just wasn't sure what your situation was. Are you running the thin hexes too? Thx
I am running the standard size hexes currently
Old 06-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

TRUCK IS SICK! Someone needs to photo chop a picture of the OG in its best state, the clone in its best state, and a still picture of this one, all in one picture!! Now that would be tits.
Nick Slemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #57
Sinking with the ship

New wheels

Old 07-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Saw those on RPP, they look good on there. There not bead lock though, correct?
diggerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #59
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerj View Post
Saw those on RPP, they look good on there. There not bead lock though, correct?

correct
Old 08-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #60
Sinking with the ship

So I have been wanting to get back out to the inlet to test out the new wheel combo so I headed out to the beach today. I was looking forward to running the really cool rock face line I had found by the water edge but when I got there they moved some the rocks around to block vehicles from getting to close to the coast guard tower and one of the moved rocks was the badass one I was looking to crawl Soooo I made the best of with what I had available. I shot a lot of pics, these are the few i think came out the best

If only that one piece of sea weed wasnt there

The tires I glued with shoe goo. The back bead is glued completely around and the front are only glued in 2 spots. They held great today! So much so that even when wheel hopping and really pushing it, it blew a shaft instead of loosing a bead

1BadJeepBruiser's RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Now with more Bruiser suspension 3/2 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC4WD’s new Trail Finder 2 rockslide710 Chit Chat 13 04-25-2012 11:46 AM
Rc4wd Trail Finder CrawlinnAdamsTN Newbie General 3 08-01-2010 06:51 AM
RC4WD Trail Finder?? nitronut 1.9 Scale Rigs 9 07-11-2008 10:24 PM