Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: 1BadJeepBruiser's RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Now with more Bruiser suspension 3/2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2018, 03:26 PM   #101
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 1BadJeepBruiser's RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Now with more Bruiser suspension 3/2

I read over the thread but am unable to find where you guys are getting the bruiser hangers and shackles from? I see RPP has the hangers only?
Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2018, 03:50 PM   #102
Rock Crawler

Default Re: 1BadJeepBruiser's RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Now with more Bruiser suspension 3/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital View Post
i read over the thread but am unable to find where you guys are getting the bruiser hangers and shackles from? I see rpp has the hangers only?
rpp list shackles in stock

tam9804588
cutlaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:43 AM   #103
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital View Post
I read over the thread but am unable to find where you guys are getting the bruiser hangers and shackles from? I see RPP has the hangers only?
The last set of shackles I went on tamiya club got the part number from manual and ordered them direct from Tamiya
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:06 PM   #104
Quarry Creeper

Hey 1BadJeep,

Would you still consider this shackle / hanger mod beneficial to a suspension that already has the Chino or O-Ring mod? Thanks
Old 01-18-2018, 02:21 PM   #105
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Hey 1BadJeep,

Would you still consider this shackle / hanger mod beneficial to a suspension that already has the Chino or O-Ring mod? Thanks
The back of the trucks I dont use the Bruiser suspension anymore, I now use the the BowHouseRC 3d printed hanger which has the corrected geometry

I dont use the O ring mod, people are always so concerned about "flex" but thats overated and anyone who wheels real toyotas knows they dont flex out like crazy because of the high steer set ups and frame. I also tend to use U bolts on my builds because I care more about looks then performance.

The front I still use the Bruiser hanger because most real 1:1 Toyotas have the hanger in front and shackle in rear
Old 01-18-2018, 02:23 PM   #106
Quarry Creeper

Right on, thanks for the reply.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:36 PM   #107
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Right on, thanks for the reply.
Anytime
Old 09-03-2018, 08:47 AM   #108
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
The back of the trucks I dont use the Bruiser suspension anymore, I now use the the BowHouseRC 3d printed hanger which has the corrected geometry

I dont use the O ring mod, people are always so concerned about "flex" but thats overated and anyone who wheels real toyotas knows they dont flex out like crazy because of the high steer set ups and frame. I also tend to use U bolts on my builds because I care more about looks then performance.

The front I still use the Bruiser hanger because most real 1:1 Toyotas have the hanger in front and shackle in rear
So is the rear stock other than the BowHouse part in which I do have?
Can this all be done front and rear with the stock leafs, and without the U-bolt kit?
GR8 PMKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 12:53 PM   #109
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8 PMKN View Post
So is the rear stock other than the BowHouse part in which I do have?
Can this all be done front and rear with the stock leafs, and without the U-bolt kit?

Not sure what you mean?

On my trailfinders now a days, I use the Bowhouse rear shackle relocater and on the front i have been using the A&M garage shackle flip kit.

You can use them without the U bolt kit but I much prefer to run the bolt kit

-Mike
Old 12-26-2021, 09:10 PM   #110
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I was one of the lucky RC4WD Team Drivers to obtain the new Trail Finder 2.

quick mock up

The goodies everyone has been waiting for!

More to come!
#1 Sorry for the necro post.
#2 Fantastic thread! I just bought a TR2
#3 I MUST know about that orange Camaro and is it for sale?
RC Perspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 04:50 AM   #111
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Perspective View Post
#1 Sorry for the necro post.
#2 Fantastic thread! I just bought a TR2
#3 I MUST know about that orange Camaro and is it for sale?

there seems to be a quite a few necro posts here lately... not sure I should be wondering wtf or glad people are using the search...

Youll enjoy the TF2, there is a lot that can be done...

No, its not for sale... but then someone will say name your price, then I do...then they get upset and tell me im crazy for asking that much...
Old 12-30-2021, 01:17 PM   #112
Rock Crawler

Quote:
there seems to be a quite a few necro posts here lately... not sure I should be wondering wtf or glad people are using the search...

No, its not for sale... but then someone will say name your price, then I do...then they get upset and tell me im crazy for asking that much...

I've been constantly trying to send people from the FB pages here. I can't believe how lazy some are to do a little research on their own. On some of the TF2 pages the same questions are asked weekly, I just post a link to RCC. The platform is like 10 years old, more than likely every problem has been covered here. Especially the #1 question asked about these truck "How do I get more flex"
cutlaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 07:23 AM   #113
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

I try not to necropost, but I drive an 89 RS Camaro; It was my first car bought back in 08 and I've been trying to find a good, detailed body to replicate it for our local 3rd gen group.

Ok, it's not for sale, I'll leave it at that. BUT, would you mind sharing some info on it via PM?

And I've been utilizing the search function, it's been super useful in finding info I'm looking for on the TF2.

Also, I get told that when people ask the same about my 1:1 Camaro; I don't want to sell it that's why!

Appreciate the reply!
RC Perspective is offline   Reply With Quote

1BadJeepBruiser's RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Now with more Bruiser suspension 3/2 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC4WD’s new Trail Finder 2 rockslide710 Chit Chat 13 04-25-2012 11:46 AM
Rc4wd Trail Finder CrawlinnAdamsTN Newbie General 3 08-01-2010 06:51 AM
RC4WD Trail Finder?? nitronut 1.9 Scale Rigs 9 07-11-2008 10:24 PM