Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Help and Idiot Set Shift Servo End Points Please!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 02:21 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Help and Idiot Set Shift Servo End Points Please!

Hi guys...help a noob and save a day!

I use a Futaba 4PL and so far the rig is a roller just haven't gotten the shifter servo end points set yet. I read the radio manual a few times but I still don't know what I'm doing:

1). The 4PL has a 3 position switch (it can be done but I rather have full forward as 1st gear and full backward as 2nd gear).

2). I don't know how far forward to engage the steering servo into the shift rod that goes into the tranny...so I don't know where to set the end point.

3). I've been setting up the end points with the shift servo already mounted and tightened down which puts a lot of torque onto the collar that moves the shift rod so it stripped out. I just upgraded to the thicker one and installed it....

Don't want to strip this one out again...can someone help me out? Maybe Harley did a video for this?

Thanks all!!
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2012, 04:00 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Help and Idiot Set Shift Servo End Points Please!

I'm using the 4 PL on the 3 position switch too. It's best to adjust the end points with the truck running, then you can see when it goes into high / low gear. From my experience the rod does not need to go full travel in either direction.
Hobine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:50 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Ahhh...that's what I should have done. I was trying to set it up before the truck even had tires on it lol! Great idea!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Why are you using the 3pos switch? I'm running a dx3r pro and use my 2pos switch and it is a lot easier to operate. I had it on the 3pos switch but I had a hard time finding hi when in low and visa versa, and with the 2pos switch its like a sporty dig, easy on off. Try it out out, it works awesome for me

Hope this helps
Icer.One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icer.One View Post
Why are you using the 3pos switch? I'm running a dx3r pro and use my 2pos switch and it is a lot easier to operate. I had it on the 3pos switch but I had a hard time finding hi when in low and visa versa, and with the 2pos switch its like a sporty dig, easy on off. Try it out out, it works awesome for me

Hope this helps
On the 4pl you can use the 3 position switch just like a two. Slide one way for low gear, the other way for high. Works without issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Hobine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobine View Post
On the 4pl you can use the 3 position switch just like a two. Slide one way for low gear, the other way for high. Works without issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just want to make sure I did this right. How did you set this up on the 4 PL?
natskiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

All I did on mine was move the switch all the way forward for high gear then I reduced the EPA until the servo stopped making noises. Then I moved the switch all the way back and adjusted the EPA the other direction until the servo stopped making noises as well.

However afterwards I shift to high gear to test and works fine. Then when I shift to low gear the servo starts whining but it is in low gear....

Haven't messed with it yet still...been working on the Mojave body prepping it up for paint tomorrow.

Help and Idiot Set Shift Servo End Points Please! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3s and trottle end points? toka100 Electronics 12 06-09-2011 11:53 AM
Shift servo? 09 Screw Electronics 5 03-01-2011 07:12 PM
Help With Setting End points Bcampisi Team Losi Comp Crawler 1 09-26-2010 06:46 PM
end points mesooners Team Losi Comp Crawler 3 11-07-2009 08:35 AM
shift servo 4-linkedWK Electronics 3 04-12-2008 09:06 PM