Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: tf2 kit missing parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: tf2 kit missing parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak907killa View Post
i can see the ring gear through the large gap in the frunt axel ya i bet this things going to hold up

o and whail installing the leaf sprins i found out that the threads came mostly striped out from factory awsome just what i whanted in my 400 dollar kit!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
didn know i would be get a cheap cast version of there yoat axels i dont think i can comp with these but we shall see.
You sure do complain a lot for a kit to had to seriously research about. Thats why you use bue locktite and not torque down on the screws. This is a hobby-grade RC, not a full size vehicle.
Lentsnh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh2012 View Post
You sure do complain a lot for a kit to had to seriously research about. Thats why you use bue locktite and not torque down on the screws. This is a hobby-grade RC, not a full size vehicle.

dude i ahve been racing and building these things for 15 years so i think i know how tighten something and use lock tight you must think for some aparent resaon your smarter than everyone else and need to push your comon sence on people but in this case off.
ak907killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #23

thats what i expect.

i dont think its unrealistic for a build from the "highest quatily" manufacturer to go smooth i guess im just seting the expectations to high.

Last edited by ak907killa; 04-14-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
dude i ahve been racing and building these things for 15 years so i think i know how tighten something and use lock tight you must think for some aparent resaon your smarter than everyone else and need to push your comon sence on people but in this case off.
Good to hear that you have been in this hobby for 15 years. I never said I was smarter than everyone else. I'm far from it. Sorry you are getting bent out of shape on some nice advice and information.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:41 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

You haven't really offered any "nice advice and information" all I read from your posts is you making excuses for RC4WD and telling him to calm down. In fact the most helpful thing you posted was your snarky comment to use locktite. I think he probably already knew about locktite though........

and yes the leaf spring screws are smaller than the 3mm they are supposed to be, so they strip easily.

Last edited by Weapon; 04-14-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #26
RCC Addict

I wasn't the one taking the situation out of proportion. RC4WD does have to make the majority of their products, I wasn't making excuses for RC4WD, I was telling the honest truth. It may have sounded snarky because the fact is a lot of inexperienced scale kit builders (especially with this kit), neglect to use Locktite for assembly. For building kits for 15 years, I assumed he should've known better than to torque down on M3 screws. I've made the mistake, many times. No telling how many dollars worth of screws are in my yard or local wheeling spot.

My apologies if I came off rough on my 'Locktite comment'.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

he probably didn't torque down on them. they are substandard screws. In other words they don't actually measure 3mm they are smaller which is why they feel loose. when you compare them to GOOD m3 screws which don't strip because they are the correct size.

not to mention they are softer. so they strip much easier than GOOD screws.

Last edited by Weapon; 04-14-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:24 AM   #28

gotta use locktite guys. My TF2 is holding up pretty good because I've used locktite. No problems whatsoever. I imagined everything would fall apart without locktite. LOCKTITE LOCKTITE LOCKTITE USE IT!!!!!!!!!
ScaleAlert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #29
RCC Addict

I've built 4 of these. Never stripped a thing, never had the use longer bolts etc etc. I guess I'm lucky.
tozrovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #30
RCC Addict

No issues building mine either, for some is it possible the quality of tools you're using? Good quality tools make a big difference.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

LOL OMG. good tools and lock-tite wont make crappy cheap screws into good screws. I didn't have any trouble building my kit either, but I did take note of the poor quality and loose fit of the screws during the build. I know the difference between a good screw and a bad one, as well as a good tool and a bad one.

I have such a hard time believing I am in the minority in this, but I can see now I am wasting my time.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapon View Post
LOL OMG. good tools and lock-tite wont make crappy cheap screws into good screws. I didn't have any trouble building my kit either, but I did take note of the poor quality and loose fit of the screws during the build. I know the difference between a good screw and a bad one, as well as a good tool and a bad one.

I have such a hard time believing I am in the minority in this, but I can see now I am wasting my time.

i used lok tight on everything but i did notice that the screws he is talking about are smaller than normal, they dont even thread into my 3m die...just slips right through...lol when installing mine i used some longer 3m (because my lift block) screws most likely from axial or just of the shelf but they were a much better fit and seem to be holding fine..

and the first time installing these stupid screws was with out lift blocks using the factory screws and it pushed all the way down in to place just trying to thread it in... so its hard to say if the casting has a hard time staying together for such tiny little threads or if the screws under sized.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

I had a issue with the screws that held the leafs to the front axle. I grabbed a couple left over from a axial build an fit great. At first I thought the holes on the axle were stripped or not threaded correctly but it was just the screws. Kind of annoying for the price you pay for the kit but it was a easy fix.
mikeman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #34

so every one knows i sent rc4wd pics in email of my wrong part on saturday and havent heard anything from them yet nothing. i have sent one email everyday asking what my satus is and no reply... so if you would like to argu about good or bad coustmer serves im leaning tword bad!

i got to buy a 400 dollar kit with wrong part in the box and they wont send one probably like a 10 cent crossmember and they are loosing a long time customer over it.

im going to send another email today and up date you guys again tomarrow. that woud be three full working days to just look at a email and determin that yup its the wrong part lets send the correct one.: twisted::twist ed::t wisted::twiste d::tw isted:

Last edited by ak907killa; 04-17-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #35
RCC Addict

Don't send the pic until you've got an email back from them. Many servers will automatically flag anything with an attachment as spam unless it's a known addy
tozrovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tozrovr View Post
Don't send the pic until you've got an email back from them. Many servers will automatically flag anything with an attachment as spam unless it's a known addy

i origanly sent the pics in reply form my sales form and that was after they asked for the pics.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:36 AM   #37

so i recieved an email at 10:20 pm tonight saying that they have shipded one , please wait... i guess this means i get to use it soon.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:34 AM   #38
Rock Crawler

These forums are set up for the people who sell stuff and have never been about the end user. If you dare say anything negative about any of the venders you get bashed. Good for you for speaking up for what is right.

The same thing happened to me when I made a complaint about Axial and it got so bad that I had to change my user name. Same thing when I posted about another seller.

I give your props for telling it like it is!
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:57 AM   #39
RCC Addict

Man.. So much complaining on this forum lately. The darn microwave generation feels like they're entitled to everything and if it's not instantly gratified they spam the Internet with complaints.

Rc4wd isn't perfect because it's run by actual human beings. But ask nicely and those humans will fix their mistake and take care of you. May take a few days to get a reply, but at least you're not having to sort this out through snail-mail and telegraphs.

Glad to see you've been taken care of.

Happy trails.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
heinie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #40

tf2 kit missing parts!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Missing parts from sealed Wraith kit wheelstoo Axial Wraith 4 01-02-2012 08:31 PM