Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Rc4wd Gelande II Truck or tf2?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Rc4wd Gelande II Truck or tf2?

Rc4wd Gelande II Truck or tf2 I have some questions. Can someone help me out? On the Gelande II is it top heavy because of the body, can I use 1.9 wheels, tires without having to cut the body? Trying to make up my mind between buying a tf2 or a Gelande II. Can you post pics of your Gelande II with 1.9 setup? Also can you tell me the pros and cons about the Gelande II? Thanks for your time!
espnstang25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2014, 03:36 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Rc4wd Gelande II Truck or tf2?

I have both. I changed my TF-2 to a link set up after driving my Gelande 2. I also changed the body because I thought the Gelande 2 with it's completed interior made it top heavy. Both are fun TRAIL TRUCKS.

The Gelande 2 comes with 1.9 wheels and tires. If you were to change the tires to anything much larger, they probably would rub the Gelande 2 body. A con of the Gelande 2 in my opinion, it has pin style wheels instead of the hex style. I like the single speed trans in the Gelande 2 and have changed my TF-2 to one also.

Last edited by raceeng18; 07-18-2014 at 07:43 PM.
raceeng18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:47 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I don't own either but had the same question while deciding which one I will go with. Personally I'll be going with the TF2 because it comes with leaf springs and it will be easier to put different tires on it. The top heaviness of the Gelande II also weighed in. There is the 2 speed trans vs the singe speed to take into consideration as well. That didn't affect my decision but should be thought about IMO.

Good luck with the decision and be sure to post up when you get it, whichever it is
nsimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:51 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I have the tf2 rtr version. It is leafspring setup and a single speed r3 transmission same as the Gelande I I . The trucks are similar, yet very different. One major area is the suspension is different. Linkage style vs leafsprings. Both have solid chassis, and the same yota axles. Same gearing internal on axles as well. The Gelande2 has aluminum bumpers front and rear. Tf2 in kit and rtr have plastic ones, and can be upgraded wasily if the urge arises.

tires are 1.55 on both tf2 version, and a 1.9 o Gelande2. To cover the top heaviness of the Gelande2, I can only go by impression from viewing one on a trail run. It did very well, and didnt seem affected truly anymore than a axial 2012 Jeep Rubicon wrangler. So I'd really just say that part is a personal choice more than too heavy.

I for one will be getting the Gelande 2 kit as well, and build it similar to a Camel Trophy truck. I like the looks, and it suits my next building urge. Good luck on making an informed decision on which way to go. Honestly either one is a really good way to go. Super clean layouts, and easy builds, and maintenance is super simple. Plus they dont need alot to make them run a trail or crawl good. Just an opinion. And my solid belief for, me.
MikeMontgomery1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 05:26 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by espnstang25 View Post
On the Gelande II is it top heavy because of the body
Yes ... and not only that, the wheel base is shorter than the TF2.
GraniteBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:43 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for all the info!
espnstang25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rc4wd Gelande II Truck or tf2? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Compatibility of TF2 and Gelande II raceeng18 General Scale Talk 0 02-10-2014 12:21 PM
NEW RELEASE: RC4WD Gelande II Truck Kit w/Defender D90 Body Set Rckcrwlr 1.9 Scale Rigs 100 09-27-2013 08:17 PM