Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Discontinued???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2015, 02:40 PM   #61
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Discontinued???

Thanks for posting that info 4X42HEL. I finally found a local guy with a spare set of Yota axles he would let me strip for parts. So my TF2 is finally up and running after 2 months shelf time. I'd still like to order some XVDs for it. Guess I'll just baby it when I drive it since broken parts mean months of down time.
Brainanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2015, 07:59 PM   #62
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainanator View Post
Thanks for posting that info 4X42HEL. I finally found a local guy with a spare set of Yota axles he would let me strip for parts. So my TF2 is finally up and running after 2 months shelf time. I'd still like to order some XVDs for it. Guess I'll just baby it when I drive it since broken parts mean months of down time.

No problem my man. I would like to see much greater available be sustained. You never know when a part will break, and I always manage to break the most oddball parts, like the bearing race on the front hub.

On another note, and probably for a different thread, but I can't, for the life of me, understand why people run 3S+ LiPos in semi delicate machines like scale crawlers.

I had an SCX10 that I ran 3S in for a season, and all season long I broke this piece that piece. Been running 2s for years now as I should and rarely have a failing part. 3S is like putting nitrous on your truck. It may go fast, but expect it to breakdown constantly.

2 cents.
4X42HEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:37 AM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raguvian View Post
The parts supply does make me nervous about running my TF2 too hard. Right now I have stripped one of the screw holes for the transmission mount, so I only have 3 screws holding it together. I really want to replace the mounts but for the life of me I can't find any R3 2 speed transmission mounts. I'm just praying that nothing else breaks because this is an awesome little truck otherwise, and having it break and not being able to fix it due to parts supply constraints would really suck.

Again with the disclaimer that I don't have any insider info, I would encourage you to keep checking the RC4WD site, as I'm seeing more and more parts coming into stock each week. If you're looking for the two black tranny mounts, they're now in stock:
http://store.rc4wd.com/R3-Tranny-Mou...-2_p_2267.html

Is that what you needed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:41 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2rocks View Post
Again with the disclaimer that I don't have any insider info, I would encourage you to keep checking the RC4WD site, as I'm seeing more and more parts coming into stock each week. If you're looking for the two black tranny mounts, they're now in stock:
R3 Tranny Mounts For Trail Finder 2

Is that what you needed?

I had signed up for the email alerts for it a while ago, but ended up buying a second R3 2 speed transmission with the mounts, and today morning I got the email alert saying the mounts were in stock. Oops.

No matter, at least now I can fix my stripped mount and have a second backup transmission (banging between the two gears kind of scares me).
Raguvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:30 PM   #65

A lot of parts are due to show up this Friday in different rc stores.
Finally looks like the parts are coming in
rocktoy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 05:54 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

FYI - RPP has the primer gray and SWB kits in stock now.

new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:16 PM   #67

I was able to pick up two TF2's from RPP last night and they went out of stock right after I ordered. Seems like places are getting them slowly in very small quantities so don't give up on them yet.
Chaser11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:37 AM   #68
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X42HEL View Post
On another note, and probably for a different thread, but I can't, for the life of me, understand why people run 3S+ LiPos in semi delicate machines like scale crawlers.

I had an SCX10 that I ran 3S in for a season, and all season long I broke this piece that piece. Been running 2s for years now as I should and rarely have a failing part. 3S is like putting nitrous on your truck. It may go fast, but expect it to breakdown constantly.

2 cents.
The point with 3S is not to go faster, but have more torque by spinning the motor faster but with reduced gear ratios keeping the overall speed of the vehicle the same. Easier for the motor, too.
Ambis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:11 PM   #69
Pebble Pounder

"Moving warehouses" - ha.

Just come clean and tell us the real story. I've been following amain hobbies status of the TF2. For some time now, it has been stating to expect it to be in stock by May 27th. It said this as of yesterday.

I just looked again and now the ETA date is gone completely and it still says oos.

I've lost all confidence and respect for the company (RC4wd) personally. They're either 1) completely inept and are truly taking a year to "move warehouses" or 2) outright lying to their customers.

What's worse is these team drivers who believe this crap and continue defending. Just call it like you see it.

I got my umbrella ready for the sh!t storm coming my way.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:47 PM   #70
Pebble Pounder

The XVDs/Axle shafts, and knuckles I was waiting for finally came in at RPP, the week after I traded some guy for some used ones he had. Just really hope nothing breaks...
Brainanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:20 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X42HEL View Post
"Moving warehouses" - ha.

Just come clean and tell us the real story. I've been following amain hobbies status of the TF2. For some time now, it has been stating to expect it to be in stock by May 27th. It said this as of yesterday.

I just looked again and now the ETA date is gone completely and it still says oos.

I've lost all confidence and respect for the company (RC4wd) personally. They're either 1) completely inept and are truly taking a year to "move warehouses" or 2) outright lying to their customers.

What's worse is these team drivers who believe this crap and continue defending. Just call it like you see it.

I got my umbrella ready for the sh!t storm coming my way.
TF2 is a special topic all its own. We had some issues with the bodies mold and had to have the molds remade. This is almost complete and TF2 will be back and available in 2-3 months if all goes according to plans.

As for moving, we are done moving, it just takes time to get inventory stocked back up. We have been getting stock in and selling out as soon as it arrives. We have several large shipments on the way to distributors, dealers, and our warehouse. Inventory is flowing finally. We have a team that has taken over this project as it was getting to be a serious problem.

I do want to apologize for the inventory levels and supply issues. We did not in any way expect it to get like this. We are doing everything in our power to get this back to the levels it was before we moved.

Thank you for your patience, we do thank you all for your support.

Tom Allen
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 03:10 AM   #72
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer4Life View Post
TF2 is a special topic all its own. We had some issues with the bodies mold and had to have the molds remade. This is almost complete and TF2 will be back and available in 2-3 months if all goes according to plans.

As for moving, we are done moving, it just takes time to get inventory stocked back up. We have been getting stock in and selling out as soon as it arrives. We have several large shipments on the way to distributors, dealers, and our warehouse. Inventory is flowing finally. We have a team that has taken over this project as it was getting to be a serious problem.

I do want to apologize for the inventory levels and supply issues. We did not in any way expect it to get like this. We are doing everything in our power to get this back to the levels it was before we moved.

Thank you for your patience, we do thank you all for your support.

Tom Allen
This is the most respectable answer I've ever heard from an RC4WD constituent.

I really appreciate the response. I do, however, have to respectfully ask why it takes 2-3 months to press new molds?

I'm sure it's not a simple process, but I've gone from design products to blueprint from US to China and back within six weeks.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:40 AM   #73
RCC Addict

Don't think I'll ever understand why product and company updates are left up to team drivers to disclose.

Good luck with the company.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:34 AM   #74
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjiz View Post
Don't think I'll ever understand why product and company updates are left up to team drivers to disclose.

Good luck with the company.

Racer4life

Isnt a Team Driver
Dready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:45 AM   #75
RCC Addict

As a vendor it should be mentioned in their section.

Last edited by djjiz; 06-13-2015 at 09:48 AM.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:09 AM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raguvian View Post
The parts supply does make me nervous about running my TF2 too hard. Right now I have stripped one of the screw holes for the transmission mount, so I only have 3 screws holding it together. I really want to replace the mounts but for the life of me I can't find any R3 2 speed transmission mounts. I'm just praying that nothing else breaks because this is an awesome little truck otherwise, and having it break and not being able to fix it due to parts supply constraints would really suck.
Welcome to the wold of rc airplane enthusiasts.
Habanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:33 AM   #77
Pebble Pounder

amain now shows TF2s as back order until September. Yowzers

Discontinued??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XR-10 Discontinued BigDT Axial XR10 51 05-31-2013 12:34 AM
discontinued???? passinby Axial XR10 41 06-21-2011 03:55 PM
Discontinued??? PhantomRS10 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 9 11-10-2010 11:28 AM
CC Discontinued??? Matt138 Duratrax Cliff Climber 7 04-28-2010 02:05 PM