Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Discontinued???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2014, 07:02 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Discontinued???

Hey... what's up with the TF-2 kit & RTR being discontinued already??

Seems hard to believe, thought they were pretty darn popular. I know the RTR just came out but still...

http://store.rc4wd.com/Trail-Finder-...et_p_2108.html

http://store.rc4wd.com/Trail-Finder-...et_p_3805.html

Hmmm, seems like things changed a bit. Sorta makes me look like a d-bag for starting a rumor, lol.

Last edited by gdb85; 09-01-2014 at 01:26 PM.
gdb85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Discontinued???

WTH!!!!???

Okay in a rash of panic, I just bought another TF2 kit. Really wasn't expecting to do this tonight.

Last edited by tokdl; 08-29-2014 at 10:11 PM.
tokdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 05:40 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

This sucks, i was planning on doing a TF2 build soon. Hopefully they will be in stock for a few more months while I get some funds avail.
ShrinerTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:01 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Makes me wonder what might be coming to take it's place?
raceeng18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:35 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Okay in a rash of panic, I just bought another TF2 kit. Really wasn't expecting to do this tonight.
I just bought mine too. I wasn't ready, but the price for remaining stock will probably rise as they become harder to find.

Quote:
Makes me wonder what might be coming to take it's place?
Me too! Hopefully they will do something awesome to deserve that fancy new V8 motor and transmission they are coming releasing.
Alpha Male is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:38 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
I just bought mine too. I wasn't ready, but the price for remaining stock will probably rise as they become harder to find.

Me too! Hopefully they will do something awesome to deserve that fancy new V8 motor and transmission they are coming releasing.
Thats exactly what I was thinking. 399.00 free shipping through RRP
Old 08-30-2014, 07:43 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

That's weird, they just came out with the RTR. Its even advertised in the last issue of car action magazine and just hit Horizon distribution. All I can think of is they have a new release coming out. Glad I ordered mine when I did.
Crutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:09 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crutch View Post
That's weird, they just came out with the RTR. Its even advertised in the last issue of car action magazine and just hit Horizon distribution. All I can think of is they have a new release coming out. Glad I ordered mine when I did.
Maybe, as the holiday season is coming up, and axial just releasing the Yeti. Hoping they have something up their sleeve. Although personally I don't think it can be as good as the TF2, such a big fan.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:51 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

So that means I should buy a extra cab, and a bed, and maybe a Tamiya grill for round headlights a or a extra square head lighted grill too and set of the backs for the cab. So I have a second body ready to go. looks like there still selling the Gelande II, so maybe they do got something new coming. cause I also say there new motor and tranny they machined.

Last edited by kgb424; 08-30-2014 at 10:03 PM.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:05 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

I didn't believe you. So I went to the website myself.

I now believe you.

Being that I shop locally for my hobby needs and not online I hear many things from those that work in these small outlets. The general concesus from the six+ hobbyshops I frequent (haha I'm not faithful to any of them...,) is RC4WD is making some bad business decision calls. It's a small mail-order company that has and is not increasing their production output but have made distributor deals with Tower and Horizon, the two biggest names in online distribution. As causality of this, RC4WD must now fill orders and stock of not only their own website, but all of the online distributors they deal with as well as the hundreds of small LHS' s in our towns. We all know how difficult it is to get our local shops to get stuff from them before this decision was made. It would seem to me the most logical thing for them to do is to sever the product and its demand. If I am even remotely correct in this assumption, they are simply rectifying one bad choice with another. I hope I am wrong.

Pretty disappointed honestly. If Axial could actually turn out scale realism to the degree that RC4WD can, they'd regain my business.
ModTrialsRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:14 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

RC4WD getting in bed with Tower and Horizon actually has my local shop guys pretty pissed. It hurts their business when the have to tell a customer "Yeah we can order that but there is no guarantee we'll get it in for a month.... if ever." Never heard them say that when somebody comes in looking for SCX10 parts.

I did notice they are discontinuing several of their kits as well. They are carrying fewer Axial and Tamiya rigs and some TF2 goodies I want seem to be disapearing randomly everytime I go back to check stock levels.
ModTrialsRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:52 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModTrialsRider View Post
I didn't believe you. So I went to the website myself.

I now believe you.

Being that I shop locally for my hobby needs and not online I hear many things from those that work in these small outlets. The general concesus from the six+ hobbyshops I frequent (haha I'm not faithful to any of them...,) is RC4WD is making some bad business decision calls. It's a small mail-order company that has and is not increasing their production output but have made distributor deals with Tower and Horizon, the two biggest names in online distribution. As causality of this, RC4WD must now fill orders and stock of not only their own website, but all of the online distributors they deal with as well as the hundreds of small LHS' s in our towns. We all know how difficult it is to get our local shops to get stuff from them before this decision was made. It would seem to me the most logical thing for them to do is to sever the product and its demand. If I am even remotely correct in this assumption, they are simply rectifying one bad choice with another. I hope I am wrong.

Pretty disappointed honestly. If Axial could actually turn out scale realism to the degree that RC4WD can, they'd regain my business.
This probably explains why there are a few rc3wd parts at the local Hobbytown including a TF2 kit.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:22 PM   #13
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Should we be concerned about proprietary replacement parts for these things??? I love my TF2. It's pretty much my favorite truck.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:44 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Am I wrong or is it not labeled as discontinued anymore?
Crutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:48 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Hmmm... Seems not to be any more. If this was a ploy to ramp up their sales by doing this. Big strike against them from me. This really pisses me off. Will wait and see though.

Last edited by tokdl; 08-31-2014 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:28 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

WTF I looked after seeing gd85 posting, I checked for my self and posted about buying extra bodies, then looked here tonight and today I say that tokdl posted there not discontinued, I looked for my self and he is right there not. so WTF, I know I wasn't dreaming I seen it say discontinued, and now its not. And both of gd85 links opened to a TF2 page that said they were discontinued, now you click on his links and they are the same pages as before but now there not discontinued, is it me or is there some bullshit going on.

Last edited by kgb424; 08-31-2014 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:21 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

looks like they saw the post and said probably not a good idea to discontinue the TF2
pvo_srt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:11 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb424 View Post
WTF I looked after seeing gd85 posting, I checked for my self and posted about buying extra bodies, then looked here tonight and today I say that tokdl posted there not discontinued, I looked for my self and he is right there not. so WTF, I know I wasn't dreaming I seen it say discontinued, and now its not. And both of gd85 links opened to a TF2 page that said they were discontinued, now you click on his links and they are the same pages as before but now there not discontinued, is it me or is there some bullshit going on.
It certainly said it was discontinued Friday, both the RTR and the kit version. I spent 400 bucks I really hadn't planed on spending just because of that. I'll admit, I really am frekin' pissed. More so that I can't help but wonder if they did this to boost they're sales. I realize in the end, it was my choice to buy the kit or not. Especially when I need a new refrigerator, hahaha, how messed up are my priorities lol! But I think it's a fu*%ed way of doing it. IF that's what really happened that is. Not to mention how many other people did the same thing. I'm really disappointed in RC4WD right now.

Last edited by tokdl; 09-01-2014 at 07:15 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:33 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

I don't own a TF2, I got a GCM 4Ten chassis that is very similar to a TF2 chassis with leaf springs and RC4WD Toyota axles, and I love there parts, I have bought a lot of there parts for my two SXC10's and now the leaf spring-ed truck, they are the closet r/c manufacturers too me, and their shipping has always been fast, and if I need a part and their out, you get on the waiting list, and they have always let me known when parts are back in stock. I really like RC4WD parts but if there going to play with peoples emotions, some people take discontinued products lines seriously, as a sign that the company is going south fast. me I'll ride it out and see what happens, cause the Twin hammers and HobbyTown turned out to be a nightmare and it took me forever to sell the Twin Hammer and I have never went back to Hobbytown again. I will continue to buy from RC4WD until they piss me off. Cause I would love to see my local Hobbytown a blaze and burn to the ####### ground with ####### owner in it, when it goes up, I'll be there making ####### smore's come get warm by the fire.

Last edited by kgb424; 09-01-2014 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:15 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

I'm thinking that it may have been some sort of mistake or a poor timing issue. Those guys over at RC4WD seem like avid enthusiasts like us and I seriously doubt this is some kind of ploy to boost sales. They have always provided me with great products, service and shipping.

The thing on my mind is that V8 transmission that I mentioned before. It is made to drop into the TF2 chassis. Why release an expensive new aluminum part made to be a direct replacement for a truck and then discontinue the truck before you even release the new part?!! It doesn't make sense.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe they plan to reuse the chassis with their new D44 axles and a whole new body. If that were to be the case, then as long at the Mojave body and Toyota style axles remain available through RC4WD for the TF2 then you could still build the Toyota pick-up or keep your existing truck running. That would make sense to me, anyway.

It would be nice to have a new body and new axles available for the proven and popular TF2 chassis...something that warrants that V8.

Last edited by Alpha Male; 09-01-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Alpha Male is offline   Reply With Quote

Discontinued??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XR-10 Discontinued BigDT Axial XR10 51 05-31-2013 12:34 AM
discontinued???? passinby Axial XR10 41 06-21-2011 03:55 PM
Discontinued??? PhantomRS10 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 9 11-10-2010 11:28 AM
CC Discontinued??? Matt138 Duratrax Cliff Climber 7 04-28-2010 02:05 PM