Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: My first TF2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2015, 08:38 PM   #61
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: My first TF2

Fender liners are done and installed. Were a pretty simple install, just needed to adjust LED bar and steering servo wires so out of the way.

Got TF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2015, 08:39 PM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Your trucks really comin together nicely.
Crawlin' Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:43 PM   #63
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlin' Lobster View Post
Your trucks really comin together nicely.
Thank you!
Old 03-27-2015, 08:44 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

I can only hope my first scaler style build turns out half as good as yours is lookin.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:49 PM   #65
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I can only hope my first scaler style build turns out half as good as yours is lookin.
That means a great deal.

You can do it! Just take your time. When you rush the process, that's when things start to go off the rails. Do all your research and planning up front and the rest is easy.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:00 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

I have my basic setup figured out and have been running it for a couple weeks. Crawls better than I expected and the mods I did work surprisingly well for the first attempts. Have a few minor tweaks to do and then a lot of body work. I'm trying my hand at extending a jeep hard body and fitting to a wraith cage.

Hope I'm not imposing with the pics. It's builds like yours that inspired me to start mine.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:05 PM   #67
Pebble Pounder

Don't mind it, Looks like you are off to a great start and have some excellent terrain to tackle as well. Its always fun when you customize or build something yourself. Its easy to buy custom parts but they carry the price tag for you. I'll be sure to follow your build tread here on the forums and always feel free to PM specific questions.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:16 PM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Still not sure if I'll post a build thread or not. Might do a recap once it's done. My first rig didn't have much aftermarket options so I had to make some parts for it. With this one I plan to try and help support the awesome vendors on here and still have a few custom made parts. I very much appreciate the offer of help, a few other members have done the same and that's what makes this site so helpful.
Sorry for rambling on, keep up the good work.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:11 PM   #69
RCC Addict

Ordered a trans mount. Thanks!
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:44 AM   #70
Pebble Pounder

This morning the weather was good and headed down to my local waterfront. Took my Feiyu Tech G4 gimbal with my Hero4 mounted up for some pictures and video. Video below is a shorted "highlights" version that i sent off to the company in hopes to get into a current promotion.

*Still running droop setup*

Be sure to watch in HD! https://youtu.be/crlHjLyCv3M

Enjoy guys.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:53 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Great video. Any plans on a driver?
Old 04-02-2015, 07:05 PM   #72
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Great video. Any plans on a driver?
Appreciate it!

I am toying with the idea. It may be a shocker to most but especially was to me, my girlfriend was the one driving for 95% of that video. The very last section was me trying and using the gimbal. The whole time she was driving, she kept asking where the "little guy driving" was, soooo I may need to figure out who to put in.

Plus,

Anyone have any creative ideas on making a floor for the interior??
Old 04-06-2015, 09:35 PM   #73
Pebble Pounder

Only a small update today. I am still waiting for my AsiaTees Shocks. Starting to turn into a pain with the ship times. They told me avg delivery to the NorthEast is 8 days. It's now been 2 weeks. Fingers crossed they come soon.

Do have another light bar on the way!

I found some small pipe at work and decided to re-do my exhaust. by no means is it perfect but it works.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:33 PM   #74
Pebble Pounder

RC4WD light bar arrived today along with some Y harnesses. I have it tied into the same remote switch for the front one. Got that installed by bending the mounting feet a little and it popped onto the roof rack. Simple and didnt need any real fab. Solid enough to stay, but in a roll over it may be a different story.

Drilled a small hole in the gap between the cab and bed for the wire

Found an article a little while ago about making your own fancy braided wires. Simple as just stuffing them inside a paracord shell. grabbed a short length and tada.

Found a pretty good deal at my local targets clearance. Its a 36" long log bag. One solid smooth material inside and its "tough" Can easily be hosed out as needed and holds the TF2 perfectly. Great for loading into the car for those trail runs.

Quick shot from this morning short drive before the rain came in

Old 04-18-2015, 09:33 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got TF2 View Post
Appreciate it!

I am toying with the idea. It may be a shocker to most but especially was to me, my girlfriend was the one driving for 95% of that video. The very last section was me trying and using the gimbal. The whole time she was driving, she kept asking where the "little guy driving" was, soooo I may need to figure out who to put in.

Plus,

Anyone have any creative ideas on making a floor for the interior??
For the floor, if you do carpeting, consider using Pile tape (The fuzzy side of Velcro) you can get it in Black, Tan, etc and get the wide strips, I know they make it in 6 inch width maybe even wider. Anyway stuff looks just like scale pile carpet. Great build btw.
gsbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:43 PM   #76
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsbinder View Post
For the floor, if you do carpeting, consider using Pile tape (The fuzzy side of Velcro) you can get it in Black, Tan, etc and get the wide strips, I know they make it in 6 inch width maybe even wider. Anyway stuff looks just like scale pile carpet. Great build btw.

Thanks for the tip on the velcro stuff idea. I never would have thought that.

Thanks!!
Old 04-19-2015, 06:48 PM   #77
Pebble Pounder

Update dayy

I finally recieved my asiatees order the other day and got to installing my new shocks. With having a larger barrel, i needed to add in some extra spaces for them to run straight and not bind. I removed the internal "washers" that would seal the oil in, I am running just springs so it helped with the shocks releasing when no pressure was on them. It took a lot of trial and error to get the support just right. The ladder rack puts a bunch of extra force on the rear. During my tests, i had more roll overs than in all my RC'ing. I managed to snap both side mirrors, Looks like rubber ones are in my future.

Few pics of the installation and also a scale fire extinguisher i ordered as well.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:41 PM   #78
Pebble Pounder

Recently i was sent over a set of 1/12 scale REAL cement blocks from Mathew at Mini Materials. Mathew was awesome with getting them over to me to check out for a review. They were packed really well and arrived safe and sound. I attached a link here to my video review and invite others to check out his products. They are certainly worth it!

https://youtu.be/juLOjtR-_Wk

Tags
f350, rc4wd, tamiya tundra, tf2, trail finder 2

My first TF2 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tf2 my way kalifkid RC4WD Trail Finder 2 1 03-24-2014 10:11 PM