Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Raguvian's pretty standard TF2 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2015, 07:35 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Raguvian's pretty standard TF2 build

I decided I wanted to get into the scaler game with a hardbody scaler. I saw this TF2 up for sale NIB in the classifieds and jumped on it. Unfortunately, I was in the middle of building and sorting my Yeti kit so it just sat like this for about a month:

Finally decided to open it up and started on the body since I suck at anything painting related.

Got the chassis thrown together quickly.

I ended up messing up when gluing the back cab onto the body. The instructions say to paint everything first before gluing but I think it's definitely better to glue then paint.

The rest of the truck came out ok though:

Made a big purchase at RPP and got decals, inner fenders, metal badges, a BEC, rollbar, etc

Raguvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2015, 07:42 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Raguvian's pretty standard TF2 build

I heard some horror stories about the plastic driveshafts so I decided to upgrade to some Junfacs.

I took it out on its first real run today on some trails. Not many rocks but a lot of roots and other things to try and climb over.

Some of the damage after the first run :

Probably should have gotten a front bumper:

Cab wall fell off when I rolled it over :

Bumper took a beating too:

And of course the mirrors fall off every time I drive the thing. It's a fun challenge to see how far I can go before they break off.

The only things I don't like about this truck is that changing the battery takes forever, especially out on the trail, and that the center skid is so low that it catches up on everything. I'm going to try making a front mount out of velcro to ditch the screws.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:59 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Truck is looking great. Welcome to the TF2 family. Love how it already has that "experienced" look. Very nice color choice!
Got TF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:07 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got TF2 View Post
Truck is looking great. Welcome to the TF2 family. Love how it already has that "experienced" look. Very nice color choice!

Thank you! I am definitely loving this truck. So much so that my Yeti is still sitting in pieces in a box somewhere.

I'm moving back to California at the end of the month so I can't wait to start taking it on hikes and trails over there. I've also got an idea for a front body mount planned that I can hopefully start working on after I move. I'm too lazy to take the 4 screws out every time I want to swap batteries.

Raguvian's pretty standard TF2 build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New TF2 Build etcdave RC4WD Trail Finder 2 3 09-13-2014 07:38 PM
pretty impressive build video crazy nick Paint and Body 7 05-06-2014 07:15 PM
pretty bad ass Hilux Tuber build STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 9 07-20-2012 04:38 PM
homemade PVC pipe drums. pretty amazing theme songs and build. STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 6 07-04-2012 09:40 AM
Pretty cool scale build TEDROCKZ Chit Chat 23 02-13-2012 11:50 AM