Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: TF2 w/ D90 Body

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2015, 05:09 PM   #1

Default TF2 w/ D90 Body

I'm getting close to finishing my truck and wanted to start a thread on it since I couldn't find much to reference when building it. It started as a TF2 chassis I purchased from a friend. I had to shorted the wheelbase since the G2 body is shorter than the TF2. It worked pretty good to just use one of the holes on the axles and drilling out the center holes on the rear leafs and using it. With some trial and error I got it about right.

I have some XVDs which are second hand, a cheap 35t motor and some other misc upgrades. I had to cut the floor in the D90 interior to make space for the frame rails and relocate ALL of the electronics up front. It's cobbled together but it seems to work! I also had to make some brackets for the front body mounts and steel bumper I made for it.

It's pretty stable since the frame is nice and heavy. It isnt super agile but I hope it'll drive like a real one. I'm thinking about linking it since real D90's are linked, but when I had this body on my scx10 it spent alot of time on its side. Leafs are much more stable with the weight.

I'll let the pictures do the rest of the explaining.

Rear body mount

I've got an arduino I'm trying to use to make the tail lights only activate when the throttle is not applied. I'm sure there is an easier way but this is what i've got and I dont want to spend more money!

I also ordered a Reign Scale CB antenna that I'll mount on the rear bumper when I come in the week.

Last edited by friz; 08-25-2015 at 05:12 PM.
friz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2015, 10:48 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: TF2 w/ D90 Body

cool build, looks like it would be to nose heavy for any step descends. are you going to add any weight in the rear.
greenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenz View Post
cool build, looks like it would be to nose heavy for any step descends. are you going to add any weight in the rear.
I was thinking about adding weight to the rear wheels but with RC4WD parts how they are I'm worried about snapping a driveshaft or stripping the ring and pinion. I only run 2s for this reason. I actually just sheared one of my used XVDs :(
friz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 03:48 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by friz View Post
I was thinking about adding weight to the rear wheels but with RC4WD parts how they are I'm worried about snapping a driveshaft or stripping the ring and pinion. I only run 2s for this reason. I actually just sheared one of my used XVDs :(
i stuck some stick on wheel weights to the bottom of my bed floor back by the bumper of my tf2, seemed to help, and it kept the weight out of my drivetrain

greenz is offline   Reply With Quote

TF2 w/ D90 Body - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TF2/D90 Hybrid friz 1.5 Scale Rigs 0 08-23-2015 06:16 PM
gelande 2 d90 body on tf2 - other body options with minimum mods? littlebuddha RC4WD Trail Finder 2 3 04-24-2014 07:04 AM
RC4WD TF2 and D90 now at Tower!! littlebuddha Chit Chat 9 03-28-2014 07:05 AM
UnlimitedJDB's Landrover D90 on TF2 UnlimitedJDB 1.5 Scale Rigs 21 02-24-2013 01:15 PM