Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Yota vs Yota II axles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2015, 06:56 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Yota vs Yota II axles

This might not be the correct place for this but I'll ask anyway!

What are this differences in these two axles? Ive compared the specs at RC4WD but am still dumbfounded (common occurrence...)

I have ordered my first TF2 kit and was trying to familiarize myself.

thanks, Troy
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2015, 07:26 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Yota vs Yota II axles

I'm not an expert since I only have a Gelande with the Yota II axles but I believe the big difference is the main body of the Yota axle is 2 pieces while it is 1 piece on the Yota II. There may be some more subtle differences but I don't know all of them.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:01 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Yoda axles 2 piece front, Yoda 2 one piece front, Yoda 2 better turning with cvds, Yoda 2 look more scale, Yoda 2 the housings where the knuckles screw in strip out easy, yoda 2 has a little bigger cvd you can use Yoda cvd in the Yoda 2 axle but can't use yoda 2 in the Yoda axle. Yoda knuckles seem to be alittle stronger then the Yoda 2.
Teasley4Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:05 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by teasleycrawler View Post
Yoda axles 2 piece front, Yoda 2 one piece front, Yoda 2 better turning with cvds, Yoda 2 look more scale, Yoda 2 the housings where the knuckles screw in strip out easy, yoda 2 has a little bigger cvd you can use Yoda cvd in the Yoda 2 axle but can't use yoda 2 in the Yoda axle. Yoda knuckles seem to be alittle stronger then the Yoda 2.
Im curious is the knuckle slop a prominent issue on the yota 2 axles as it is on the 1's
scalemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:39 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Not to get off topic but I saw a post where a guy drilled and installed bearings where the bushings were, might explore this when the kit gets here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 03:53 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Both axles get slop in the knuckles, the bearing mod is the best thing to do after you wear them out first
Teasley4Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:04 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I have been wondering the same thing. I need a new axle for my TF2 and didn't know which way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teasleycrawler View Post
You have great info but it doesn't help me choose...

The extra scale look to the Yota 2 makes me want them but the knuckle screw issue scares me (I've seen several people talk about it plus I'm a little heavy handed when I tighten things).
struhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 05:57 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

From what I have read the yota 2 fixed the knuckle issue. There xvd's give you 45 degrees of steering plus they are heavier walled xvd's. They have an additional shock mount location (top of the axle) and the tubes are smaller. More ground clearance. They come matte black instead of gloss like the tf2 axles. I just picked up a set for my build. Haven't opened them yet.
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:29 AM   #9
Jus
I wanna be Dave

I wouldn't run a yota 2 front axle if you paid me. What a nightmare when I had my gelande ll.. Knuckle bolt on the left side would constantly loosen and then destroy the threads, no matter how much loctite you used. Shelf queens only for those pathetic axles..

Yota axle with bearing mod is excellent. Just keep an eye on the cvds, the pins are short and the cup is like sheet metal. I squeezed mine together with pliers and never had a problem with them since lol
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 02:50 PM   #10

Good info guys, my first tf2 is in the nail now and I’ve been wondering about the differences, mine has Yota 1s and I’m thinking I just need to add the YOTA 2 xvds to gain the turning radius
DBJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:45 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Not all of the yota 2 axles have the cvd axles. My gelande 2 came with the old style axles, however the marlin crawler comes with them stock.
Some of the other differences are that the yota 2 axles have a slightly shorter distance from the knuckle pivot to the wheel and have a slight bit of negative pivot camber in the knuckle pivot. Meaning the pivot center line goes towards the wheel as it goes from top to bottom. Both of which have a benefit on turning and how much bumps affect the torque on the wheels. In essence you should be able to use less torque to turn the wheels with the yota 2 axles.
ternandbern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 07:28 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Here is a great picture I found on RC4WD website showing the pivot camber.

Name:  yota axles.jpg
Views: 2207
Size:  78.1 KB
ternandbern is offline   Reply With Quote

Yota vs Yota II axles - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yota I vs Yota II axles sally1800 General Scale Talk 5 12-12-2014 03:22 PM