Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: My new Toy...ota!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2016, 09:10 PM   #41

Default Re: My new Toy...ota!!

Looking awesome man! Those 1.55 SSD's look killer!
weavty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2016, 10:03 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavty1 View Post
Looking awesome man! Those 1.55 SSD's look killer!
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with them. Love the look and they were so easy to put together. As a whole, I'm happy with the look of my TF2. I like the tool box I currently have, but also like the look of the rollbar in the bed I have seen on other trucks. Not sure which direction to go. Not sure if both is an option. Thought I saw another truck with both at one time but can't find it now.

Next up will be to possibly upgrade electronics from the stock RTR electronics. Thinking the Tekin FXR and a 35t motor. Will also need a Castle BEC. Already upgraded the servo.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
ebbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 02:15 PM   #43

i am on my way out to trammel fossil park to check it out. hope it isnt to hard to find the crawl spots. tuck looks awesome by the way.
couch982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 08:44 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Got some new parts in! Red leaf springs and 90mm OME's to replace the misinformed 80mm OME's up front.

Installed the red leafs using the Cr00zah or new2rocks method (not exactly sure whom to give credit to). Red leafs followed by cut stock leafs followed by medium helper. Now running 90mm OME's front and rear. I previously installed the front Gelande shock hoops. I'm anxious to get it out and see how it performs.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2016, 09:23 AM   #45

Nice! How do you like the yota axels? Do they hold up?
couch982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:17 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

They seem to hold up just fine, but I drive this differently than the way I drive my SCX10's. Whereas I might beat the crap out of my SCX10's, I drive and plan lines with my TF2.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:05 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

After getting the suspension all set up per the above post, I was finally able to get her out on the trails. Between the tires and suspension setup, I am very pleased. Some of the lines this thing was capable of really surprised me. The longer I have this and the more I run it, the more it is becoming my favorite horse in my stable. Others I was running with were equally impressed. Several commented that they wanted to get one, as well. I hope so. Be fun to have a bunch of these out on the trail!

Old 04-02-2016, 10:36 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. They are great little trucks and perform incredibly well with a bit of tuning. As far as attribution for the leaf setup goes, I don't mind giving cr00zah the credit, even though my adaptation works better than his (of course, he'll be the first to say I'm cheating).
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:18 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

So after running the stock ESC and motor for a while, I found the power lacking and the BEC not sending enough power ro the servo. So, out came the stock electronics. I had an Axial AE2 sitting around so used it, matched it up with a Tekin 35t motor and a Castle BEC set to 6V. Ran it for the first time today and it was so much better! Found it to have good power, good low end control and plenty of power being sent to the servo. Very happy! So had a good run today.

However, I took a tough tumble down the hill and my day ended. I broke one of the new red leaf springs. Damn.

Oh, well. Order some new ones and carry on, right?

Prior to breaking the truck ran terrific! So happy with it!

Old 04-17-2016, 08:11 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Got the broken red leaf spring fixed and back out on the trail. A few new photos from a short trail run the other day.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:07 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

good job man, how are the red leafs performing after they broke in comparatively to the stock ones ?
MIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:28 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

So it's been quite a while since I last updated this. I've had it out on the trails quite a bit but then kind of took an unplanned hiatus from the hobby altogether. Life got in the way. I had plans of turning this into a K5 Blazer but I got lazy and never finished up the body. So I sold the Blazer body to someone who could use it. I figured I'd try to get back to basics with this one. So I started a transformation of sorts. The front grill round headlight conversion was first. I love this look! Not sure I want to keep the yellow side markers, though. The front and rear bumper and wheels were pilfered and went on my LWB. So no front or rear bumper at this time. However, she did get new shoes...Boom Racing Classic Yota wheels and 1.55 Pitbull Rock Beasts. Loving the look so far. I plan on redoing the body. A little sanding and some fresh paint. Also looking at the possibility of some custom graphics from Krawler Koncepts.

Was able to get her back out again and I am loving her all over again. The new 1.55 Rock Beasts performed flawlessly. Really liking them.

Old 08-05-2017, 08:01 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Made a few more changes. Got a spare tire rack for the bed and outfitted it with a spare tire. Also put a bed topper on it. Kind of liking the way it looks right now. I have some front inner wheel wells I need to install yet. Got her out on the trail for a bit today. So far the 1.55 Rock Beasts are awesome! The size is perfect!

Old 08-26-2017, 09:25 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Got the TF2 out again with a buddy. His TF2 was also built by me, but I sold it to him. He's made a couple changes, most notably the wheels, but for the most part what you see is what I built. It's so fun to have a couple or more of these out rather than with SCX10'S or Ascenders. The last photo is my favorite.

Old 08-31-2017, 03:50 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Scored a new used rear bumper from LukeKang77. Looks pretty good!

Old 09-01-2017, 09:08 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

Looks good man! Matches perfect, just the right amount of scratches Glad you could put it to good use. Thanks again!
LukeKang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 05:59 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeKang77 View Post
Looks good man! Matches perfect, just the right amount of scratches Glad you could put it to good use. Thanks again!
Thanks, LukeKang77! Thanks again for the great transaction!

My new Toy...ota!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toy crawlers r1 to formula toy Toycrawler5481 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 06-09-2011 06:49 PM
the toy...ota crawl kid General Scale Talk 5 12-06-2010 10:14 PM
My new Toy.....ota mike Chit Chat 6 01-20-2008 09:46 PM