Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Took MoreDoor out on a solo mission yesterday

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2017, 06:28 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Took MoreDoor out on a solo mission yesterday

SNapped the knuckle off and split the housing What's everyone using for Axle housing upgrades

chicken nut bread
Honcho907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2017, 07:10 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Took MoreDoor out on a solo mission yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honcho907 View Post
SNapped the knuckle off and split the housing What's everyone using for Axle housing upgrades

chicken nut bread
It looks like you may have had something binding there the knuckle breaking like that tells me something was wrong perhaps end points on your servo set too far stressing the knuckles? mine has been drilled out for the bearing mod and beat on and still holding up

Last edited by scalemadness; 01-31-2017 at 09:07 PM.
scalemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:53 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Out of curiosity, what servo are you running?
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:18 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Oh the CARNAGE! Same thing happend to me last weekend on my TF2. Luckily my housing lived to see another day, and a new set of XVD's.

Were you running the stock Dog Bone axles? The ends of those stock shafts break apart, lodge themselves then end up wedging and can break the housing.
rngrchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 01:38 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalemadness View Post
It looks like you may have had something binding there the knuckle breaking like that tells me something was wrong perhaps end points on your servo set too far stressing the knuckles? mine has been drilled out for the bearing mod and beat on and still holding up
I was ina tight spot and didn't notice a root had wrapped totally around the tire.. I had to reverse to get it unstuck (forced the tire in a very uncomfortable position) and then i noticed the carnage. The holmes hobbies 35t torque master wanted to keep turning but the axle quit

chicken nut bread
Old 02-02-2017, 01:41 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2rocks View Post
Out of curiosity, what servo are you running?
Holmes hobbies shv500

chicken nut bread
Old 02-02-2017, 01:44 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rngrchad View Post
Oh the CARNAGE! Same thing happend to me last weekend on my TF2. Luckily my housing lived to see another day, and a new set of XVD's.

Were you running the stock Dog Bone axles? The ends of those stock shafts break apart, lodge themselves then end up wedging and can break the housing.
Yes it's the stock axle and internals... sucks the axles took a dump...I was looking forward to see how much more steering I get from the Xvd's.... how do you like um?

chicken nut bread
Old 02-02-2017, 01:45 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Holmes hobbies shv500

chicken nut bread
I did the shocks behind axle mod for more steering angles... seem to have been working fine.

chicken nut bread
Old 02-02-2017, 03:44 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Holmes hobbies shv500
chicken nut bread

That's about 3x as much servo as you need on this truck and probably the biggest reason for the carnage. On trucks with narrow axles and small tires like the TF2 and Gelande 2, I typically run servos with 270-300 oz-inch of torque (I like the RC4WD Twister Ultimate Waterproof or the Savox 1210), and that's more than enough. My recommendation would be either (1) replace the broken parts and swap out to the XVDs, or (2) switch to NCYotas. Option 1 will definitely be more durable than stock and improves steering. Option 2 will be even more durable than than option 1 and will provide even better steering. In either case, you can save the SHV500 for a Bomber/Wraith/Yeti or similar truck that can handle and benefit from that much power. Hope that helps!
Old 02-02-2017, 05:24 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
That's about 3x as much servo as you need on this truck and probably the biggest reason for the carnage. On trucks with narrow axles and small tires like the TF2 and Gelande 2, I typically run servos with 270-300 oz-inch of torque (I like the RC4WD Twister Ultimate Waterproof or the Savox 1210), and that's more than enough. My recommendation would be either (1) replace the broken parts and swap out to the XVDs, or (2) switch to NCYotas. Option 1 will definitely be more durable than stock and improves steering. Option 2 will be even more durable than than option 1 and will provide even better steering. In either case, you can save the SHV500 for a Bomber/Wraith/Yeti or similar truck that can handle and benefit from that much power. Hope that helps!
What are NCYOTAS? The yota2?
Old 02-02-2017, 06:13 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
What are NCYOTAS? The yota2?
NCYotas are the new axle family from BowHouse RC and are completely different from Yotas and Yota 2s. NCYotas use GCM TM8 internals (Vaterra Ascender-based), which are very durable and offer much more steering than the Yota or Yota 2 axles even with XVDs. Here's a link to our product announce thread:
NCYota axles by BowHouse RC
Old 02-02-2017, 08:01 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
NCYotas are the new axle family from BowHouse RC and are completely different from Yotas and Yota 2s. NCYotas use GCM TM8 internals (Vaterra Ascender-based), which are very durable and offer much more steering than the Yota or Yota 2 axles even with XVDs. Here's a link to our product announce thread:
NCYota axles by BowHouse RC

Ok you just made me want to get your part :P
malickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:13 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Good info to know. Cause I was gonna use my new TF2 as an excuse to buy a savox 2290(700ishOZ) for my wraith and swap my wraiths savox 1230Sg(444OZ) onto my new TF2. Guess I wont do that now! But still want the 2290 for some reason. I dont need that much power.....but I want it!
Correll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:14 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by malickie View Post
Ok you just made me want to get your part :P

We wouldn't put our name on it if it weren't good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2017, 08:39 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Link of where to purchase statewide?
Old 02-02-2017, 01:19 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Ok that's good to know. I did feel like the servo was a little overkill but I'm a huge fan boy of Holmes hobbies.. I'm totally considering going with your NCyota axles since I got bowhouse Rc products installed already. Thankyou Sir for this information....is there a kit with everything needed for the axles? Or do I purchase the housings and internals separate? And where do I find said components?

chicken nut bread
Old 02-03-2017, 07:50 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ok that's good to know. I did feel like the servo was a little overkill but I'm a huge fan boy of Holmes hobbies.. I'm totally considering going with your NCyota axles since I got bowhouse Rc products installed already. Thankyou Sir for this information....is there a kit with everything needed for the axles? Or do I purchase the housings and internals separate? And where do I find said components?
I'm with you on HH. I run their motors and ESCs almost exclusively, and I have multiple HH servos, as well. Just think of the SHV as a Puller Pro 3500 on 3S - great for certain types of trucks, but almost guaranteed to create carnage on others.

As for the NCYotas, the housings and diff covers are available on our Shapeways shop:
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/bowhouse-rc

The complete TM8 hardware set (which includes everything you need to complete a front and rear axle set save for 8x M3x12mm screws) is available from GCM. For U.S. buyers, the link is:
GCM USA Webstore - TM8 Axles Hardware Kit

Outside the U.S., the link is:
GCM Webstore Canada International - TM8 Axles Hardware Kit

Our thread here on RCC has more detailed info, including a link to the GCM TM8 assembly video. If you have other questions, feel free post up here or there, or PM us on FB. Thanks for the interest!

Quote:
Link of where to purchase statewide?
See above.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:28 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I'm with you on HH. I run their motors and ESCs almost exclusively, and I have multiple HH servos, as well. Just think of the SHV as a Puller Pro 3500 on 3S - great for certain types of trucks, but almost guaranteed to create carnage on others.

As for the NCYotas, the housings and diff covers are available on our Shapeways shop:
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/bowhouse-rc

The complete TM8 hardware set (which includes everything you need to complete a front and rear axle set save for 8x M3x12mm screws) is available from GCM. For U.S. buyers, the link is:
GCM USA Webstore - TM8 Axles Hardware Kit

Outside the U.S., the link is:
GCM Webstore Canada International - TM8 Axles Hardware Kit

Our thread here on RCC has more detailed info, including a link to the GCM TM8 assembly video. If you have other questions, feel free post up here or there, or PM us on FB. Thanks for the interest!

See above.
Hello sir!
This is an old post but.... do you happen to know when GCM will have their TM8 axles hardware kit in stock? I have my ncyota axle housings but can't seem to order the internals I need from GCM... Thanks for any help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2017, 02:18 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Hello sir!
This is an old post but.... do you happen to know when GCM will have their TM8 axles hardware kit in stock? I have my ncyota axle housings but can't seem to order the internals I need from GCM... Thanks for any help

Axle internals are now available on the main GCM page:
http://gcmracing.ca/viewcategory.php?groupid=47

By next month, BowHouse will also be stocking internal sets and a limited supply of complete, built axles.

Old 04-20-2017, 03:06 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Axle internals are now available on the main GCM page:
http://gcmracing.ca/viewcategory.php?groupid=47

By next month, BowHouse will also be stocking internal sets and a limited supply of complete, built axles.

Thanks but it says it's sold out there as well... could you keep me updated on when Bowhouse will have internals I stock? Thank you

Took MoreDoor out on a solo mission yesterday - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My nothing special TF2 LWB build introducing "moreDoor" Honcho907 RC4WD Trail Finder 2 28 12-27-2016 07:06 PM
Solo crawling mission yesterday!! Bryson25 Newbie General 6 03-28-2016 01:57 AM
suicide mission... nosyajg HPI Wheely King 1 09-11-2011 11:55 PM
a mission for the bored TwistedXT Chit Chat 8 05-13-2007 12:58 AM
Mission Transmission slimyslug Tamiya TLT Crawlers 3 02-11-2007 11:12 PM