Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: No Gelande II specific forum here?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2017, 12:42 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default No Gelande II specific forum here?

Have't been on here in a while. Getting re-excited for the scale trucks. Just added a few to my collection, a Traxxas TRX-4, and an RC4WD Gelande II Cruiser. Trying to figure out what all is needed to put the R3 2 speed trans in my Cruiser, came here to look for info, and realized there is nor G II forum. Aslo, has anyone else used the Proline TSL 1.9 tires with RC4WD stamped beadlock wheels with the Proline specific internal beadlock ring?:

1.9 Proline Tire Compatible Internal Beadlock Rings
NFA Fabrication is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2017, 08:12 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: No Gelande II specific forum here?

I'm disappointed too there is no G2 specific in the forum. I had to head over to RC4WD forum for info or dig around here a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gsgraber92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 08:27 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, no good. I did finally get this all done today though, I am very pleased with the outcome! A little before and after action:
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2017, 01:51 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Lights added!
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2017, 07:50 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Yah it's really a let down there isn't a Gelande page. Yet they put up a Traxxas Page.... lame....

Frazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:35 AM   #6

Maybe you should start one

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Drrudat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:40 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I've wondered this before, myself. I usually look in the Scale 1.9 forum or go to RC4WD forum. Can we make a plea to the admins? Not sure how new forums are created.
ebbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:49 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Try posting the suggestion in the comments suggestions and help section

I does seem like a section this forum could use.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:05 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbet View Post
I've wondered this before, myself. I usually look in the Scale 1.9 forum or go to RC4WD forum. Can we make a plea to the admins? Not sure how new forums are created.

In the past, new forums were created if the manufacturer sent a truck to the owner of RCC. Since RC4WD is no longer a vendor on RCC, that doesn't seem likely at this point. The RC4WD Forum has a G2 section, and SBG is a great forum for scale builds regardless of platform. There are also a couple of decent G2 specific groups on FB.
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:28 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFA Fabrication View Post
Aslo, has anyone else used the Proline TSL 1.9 tires with RC4WD stamped beadlock wheels with the Proline specific internal beadlock ring?:

1.9 Proline Tire Compatible Internal Beadlock Rings
I used the Proline compatible rings on a set of RC4WD pro10's (stamped steel wheels) with Proline krawler TA's. they went together quite easily, it only took 1 attempt per tire. I can see these rings allow for a thicker bead and have a bit more of a lip to clamp as well.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:42 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

The GII looks great! How's it crawl?
Pete9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:10 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete9 View Post
Not well! Lol, It is so beyond top heavy with that body, that it is difficult to keep upright compared to my TRX-4 or SCX-10. You'd never be able to follow an SCX-10 or TRX-4 on a trail without a lot of assistance. I was looking to order an SCX-10 2 today (RTR). Does not appear to be available. Anyone know what the deal is there? The GII is super fun to drive just because of how good it looks though, it is gorgeous. I want to add the 2 speed R3 trans, but apparently it is not a simple bolt in. I do full size car fabrication, so I can make what is needed, but I want to plan it and would like to see if others have done it. Anyone else done this?
Old 08-31-2017, 11:50 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazzo View Post
Yah it's really a let down there isn't a Gelande page. Yet they put up a Traxxas Page.... lame....

Well, the GII is Similar to the TFII, so I kinda get it. I know The TRX-4 doesn't get all the love (I personally think it is just purists not accepting that Traxxas has entered this market), But I will give anything a shot if it pulls me in, and the TRX-4 does not disappoint... I think Traxxas earned the respect with this one! This was their initial shot at the Scale market, and I feel they came heavy handed and blew away expectations. I don't regret buying mine for one minute, and am almost concerned that I may be considering it my go-to truck over my SCX-10 now.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:49 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete9 View Post
Quote:
Not well! Lol, It is so beyond top heavy with that body, that it is difficult to keep upright compared to my TRX-4 or SCX-10. You'd never be able to follow an SCX-10 or TRX-4 on a trail without a lot of assistance. ... The GII is super fun to drive just because of how good it looks though, it is gorgeous.
I agree about it being super fun to drive but disagree about the capabilities. With a little work on the suspension setup, the right tires and foams, possibly some weight added down low, and some driving skill, even a super top heavy G2 can do very well as a trail rig and comfortably handle light to moderate rocks. Here are a couple of videos of my very top-heavy 10.5 lbs D90 in action:

https://www.facebook.com/BowHouseRC/...type=2&theater

https://youtu.be/dW6PRpouY4s

With a Cruiser body, switching to leaf springs makes a world of difference in performance and stays true to the suspension setup of the 1:1. Here's my review of a leaf-sprung Cruiser with plenty of footage in action:

https://youtu.be/CtyahqDzweg

Quote:
I was looking to order an SCX-10 2 today (RTR). Does not appear to be available. Anyone know what the deal is there?
Much has been written about this. Axial's primary contract manufacturer went bankrupt and was shut down around the turn of the year, and they are just now starting to get product back into the hands of distributors and retailers.

Quote:
I want to add the 2 speed R3 trans, but apparently it is not a simple bolt in. I do full size car fabrication, so I can make what is needed, but I want to plan it and would like to see if others have done it. Anyone else done this?
It's definitely not a bolt-in. The issue that you'll have with putting a 2-speed R3 into a standard WB G2 chassis is real estate. The standard WB G2 is shorter than the TF2, so there is less room to fit the longer 2-speed tranny and shift servo. If you're up for some fab work, it should be doable. That said, in my opinion, it's probably not worth the effort. Much as I love 2-speeds, you can get plenty of flexibility with the single speed by choosing a good powertrain setup.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:20 AM   #15
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Well, the GII is Similar to the TFII, so I kinda get it. I know The TRX-4 doesn't get all the love (I personally think it is just purists not accepting that Traxxas has entered this market), But I will give anything a shot if it pulls me in, and the TRX-4 does not disappoint... I think Traxxas earned the respect with this one! This was their initial shot at the Scale market, and I feel they came heavy handed and blew away expectations. I don't regret buying mine for one minute, and am almost concerned that I may be considering it my go-to truck over my SCX-10 now.

The G2 and TF2 are not similar. The chassis are different and the axles are different. How links mount are different. The only similar thing in the single speed that comes in the rtr tf2.

Frazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:13 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I was looking to order an SCX-10 2 today (RTR). Does not appear to be available. Anyone know what the deal is there?
Yeah they've got some supply issues, Though I see RPP has some SCX10.2's available for the first time in a while
Old 09-01-2017, 01:43 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

I emailed one of the moderators and ask to add Gelande to Scale Brand Specific. Haven't heard anything. Subs get added. SCX10.2 did before the kits ever came out.

gsgraber92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:02 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgraber92 View Post
Subs get added. SCX10.2 did before the kits ever came out.

Axial's SCX10 II Jeep Cherokee R&D rig photos
Old 09-01-2017, 10:36 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazzo View Post
The G2 and TF2 are not similar. The chassis are different and the axles are different. How links mount are different. The only similar thing in the single speed that comes in the rtr tf2.

I actually didn't know the axles were different. But obviously the TRX-4 Is a 100% different truck. It would be nice to have forums for each truck, or at least each brand.

No Gelande II specific forum here? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why no Gelande II forum? B94Cast Comments, Suggestions, and Help 6 01-30-2014 09:53 AM
Rc Specific Tattoos CrawlinMike Chit Chat 27 08-06-2013 08:02 AM
Looking for a specific rig The Crawl Space Axial XR10 8 06-25-2013 05:50 AM
Looking for some specific wheels Culetto General Scale Talk 3 12-28-2009 03:19 AM