Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Bigfoot 6 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2018, 08:27 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Bigfoot 6 build

I made the suspension mounts and also made and mounted the braces for the axles. The front ones were actually modified shocks, so that is what I used. These are all test fits, more work to be done.

Last edited by Bigfoot 4; 01-16-2018 at 08:32 PM.
Bigfoot 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2018, 01:54 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Do I have decided that I am going to do Bigfoot 4 and not 6. I am going to remake the roll bar to reflect the style, as well as the universal hubs. The red strips inside the wheel will end up being blue.

Old 01-24-2018, 04:40 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Working on the shocks. Had to purchase some spacers, so kind of dead in the water until those come.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:48 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot 4 View Post
Working on the shocks. Had to purchase some spacers, so kind of dead in the water until those come.

If you're looking to buy some more of those shocks let me know, i have some ones that came with my Mojave kit
Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:03 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital View Post
If you're looking to buy some more of those shocks let me know, i have some ones that came with my Mojave kit

Thanks, but I have already ordered the ones I am going to use. Had to get the 70mm ones as the stock ones were too long.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:19 PM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Found a few spacers, so I did a mock-up of what the finished product would look like. Starting to come together.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:11 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Thats lookin' sick dude, can't wait to see it all done. Sure it will be a blast to run.
Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:55 PM   #48
Pebble Pounder

Kind of an update. Got my custom made wheels in for my Bigfoot 1 future project. They are 2.2 wheels with the jconcepts Rangers tires (They are a copy of the Firestone tires BF1 wore a while back)

Old 01-29-2018, 04:50 PM   #49
Pebble Pounder

The spacers came today, So I was able to finish installing the shocks. The body is next. Still have to figure out how I am going to mount it once it is complete. I am also going to make the wheel hubs out of sheet aluminum.

Old 01-30-2018, 12:00 PM   #50
Pebble Pounder

Painted the designs on the frame and axles, but I will be cleaning them up as they didn't come out quite what I wanted. Also made the hubs out of aluminum sheet for the wheels.

Old 01-30-2018, 02:26 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

still loving this build. and nice rear-steer action! i almost missed it was on the opposite side from the engine haha

maybe use stencil technique for the frame pinstripes? or make them in MS Paint, print waterslide decals?
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:28 PM   #52
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
still loving this build. and nice rear-steer action! i almost missed it was on the opposite side from the engine haha

maybe use stencil technique for the frame pinstripes? or make them in MS Paint, print waterslide decals?
Thought about that, but want to keep it real with paint.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:54 AM   #53
Sinking with the ship

love the pinstripe work on the chassis, this build is really coming a long
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:10 PM   #54
Pebble Pounder

Finished the top end of the engine, now I can go back and fix the carbs, and add the gas lines, etc, for detail. Lines up perfectly with the hood. Really happy as I didn't have to do much adjustment. Now on to the body. Just ordered my .060 styrene sheets. Going to make the cab, and bed separate and the front bumper. Going to figure how I am going to hinge the front clip to open.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:09 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

i was at monster jam at Petco park over the weekend. all i could think about was this thread and how awesome it would be to build a scale RCMT. so... I'm stalking those forums a bit now lol
also being at monster jam and seeing grave digger stuff everywhere... really made me sad that bigfoot isn't there. gotta get me some bigfoot shirts/hats to wear next year! ;)

the detail on those air filters is great!!! looking forward to the styrene work on the body too.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:02 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

Started working on the body. Using .060 styrene and E6000 for the glue. Working out really well so far. Extended the bed and made the cab and bed separate. Reinforced the front and rear bumpers.

Old 02-18-2018, 04:37 PM   #57
Pebble Pounder

After a LOT of research I found the actual paint that Bigfoot painted their trucks back then before the color change in the 90's.

I am going to have to get it mixed as I cannot find it anywhere. I plan on painting the basecoat in black poly paint, and then when it is almost dry, I will spray the blue and then finally clear. I read that if you spray the lexan body with poly paint first, it will help the next layer that is not poly stick, and then covering with a Tamiya TS clear.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:00 PM   #58
Pebble Pounder

Made the distributor and mounted it. Using some 14 gauge wire (pulled the wire out of the plastic casing) for the spark plug wires, but I am looking at other alternatives as it is very stiff. Did some more body work. Still do not know if I am going to be able to make the hood open as I am running out of space in the front take make it do so. I figured out how I am going to mount the cab and bed now. More to come.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:54 AM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot 4 View Post
I am going to have to get it mixed as I cannot find it anywhere. I plan on painting the basecoat in black poly paint, and then when it is almost dry, I will spray the blue and then finally clear. I read that if you spray the lexan body with poly paint first, it will help the next layer that is not poly stick, and then covering with a Tamiya TS clear.
I can attest that will help. When painting my XJ kit body, the first paint job (inside) didn't come out too well. So I painted the outside with PS silver, then a layer of TS Light Sand. And it's held up well without peeling, cracking, flaking off from the abuse I've given it.
Ironhide13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:24 AM   #60
Pebble Pounder

Yeah I knew I was going to have to paint the outside just because of all of the body work I am going to have to do. I read a lot of threads about the pros and cons about painting the outside and I was surprised. There were many guys that painted the outside and said they had little to no paint chip or wear, and these guys were bashing their bodies pretty good. I won't be bashing this one as hard as say my TMAXX, but hoping I do not roll it at least.

Bigfoot 6 build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bigfoot RoadKing Mega/Monster Trucks 17 02-09-2018 02:49 PM
CPE barbarian build Supercab Bigfoot Zac_F71 Non Crawler RC's 17 08-01-2015 03:27 PM
Please help Bigfoot! jason Chit Chat 19 04-23-2005 02:12 PM