Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Just a TF2 Hilux Flatbed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2020, 10:40 PM   #61
RCC Addict

Default Re: Just a TF2 Hilux Flatbed

This thing is awesome, great work!
dirk379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2021, 05:03 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

I've got some plans to update this Hilux a little. Starting with some new axles I'm waiting to arrive.

But, until then, here's a couple of short little clips of it in action. It has to be my most favorite truck to drive!

neilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 03:49 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

I just want to say thank you for this build thread. I recently picked up a Mojave 4 door cab for a project I’m working on. I got the rear cab panel and was struggling with how to fill the gap at the lower sides of the cab. You gave me the answer I was thinking of. I also have patience issues as well. I’m going to be trying some styrene parts with the Mojave cab. Hopefully they turn out half as good as yours did. Your build has turned out great. Just really nice quality work.
Ghonda99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 05:09 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

I can see why it is your favorite to drive, if it drives like it looks I'm betting it's a lot of fun. Very nicely thought out build, particularly like the bed design as well as the sliders.
diggerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 06:32 PM   #65
Built, not bought

I really like your flatbed. Hoping to do something similar in the future with the one I'm waiting on. Hope you don't mind me borrowing your styling cues.
62PYRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 02:30 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghonda99 View Post
I just want to say thank you for this build thread. I recently picked up a Mojave 4 door cab for a project I’m working on. I got the rear cab panel and was struggling with how to fill the gap at the lower sides of the cab. You gave me the answer I was thinking of. I also have patience issues as well. I’m going to be trying some styrene parts with the Mojave cab. Hopefully they turn out half as good as yours did. Your build has turned out great. Just really nice quality work.
Thanks for the kind words, and apologies for the late reply. Hope you managed to get yours sorted. I learnt that patience is definitely a virtue when it comes to hard body work

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerj View Post
I can see why it is your favorite to drive, if it drives like it looks I'm betting it's a lot of fun. Very nicely thought out build, particularly like the bed design as well as the sliders.
Thanks you. I haven't' driven it much in the last year, but hoping to get some time over the school summer holidays to take it out with my daughters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62PYRO View Post
I really like your flatbed. Hoping to do something similar in the future with the one I'm waiting on. Hope you don't mind me borrowing your styling cues.
Thank you. Sure thing. Happy for you to use what ever you like. That's what it's all about. It's especially why I prefer forums to social media. There's a great wealth of info in the build threads on here
neilus is offline   Reply With Quote

Just a TF2 Hilux Flatbed - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TF2 Flatbed? stobert2012 Newbie General 5 09-29-2016 04:38 PM
TF2 Flatbed Postclanker RC4WD Trail Finder 2 308 02-18-2015 10:14 PM
Ejohnson's Flatbed TF2 ejohnson RC4WD Trail Finder 2 9 02-12-2015 05:17 AM