Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Marlene Cwalrer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2018, 06:26 AM   #21

Default Re: Marlene Cwalrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
You don't like rainbows?

Thanks, interior paints were Tamiya Flat Earth and Red Brown airbrushed in thin layers. Appreciate the kind words on the weathering video. It was fun to make and should give anybody the confidence to give it a try.
Eh... No, I don't like Rainbows, but different strokes for different folks.

That's a nice color. I'll have to pickup some. I'm going to try to "fix" my shiny, turd colored interior so I ordered a couple of those Vallejo washes you suggested on your video. Should be messy...and interesting.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2018, 08:35 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Eh... No, I don't like Rainbows, but different strokes for different folks.

That's a nice color. I'll have to pickup some. I'm going to try to "fix" my shiny, turd colored interior so I ordered a couple of those Vallejo washes you suggested on your video. Should be messy...and interesting.
Not sure how you can hate a rainbow, but okay.

Put flat clear down over your shiny surface or your washes won't work right.
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:49 AM   #23

Quote:
Not sure how you can hate a rainbow, but okay.

Put flat clear down over your shiny surface or your washes won't work right.
Real rainbows are cool.

Thanks for the tip!
Old 05-24-2018, 09:11 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

yes yes flat clear all the things! i love flat clear almost as much as gnome puke! haha! and heck yes for Tamiya flats. i used those and mr. hobby paints almost exclusively.

great build and i was in hopes you would dial back the "Ronald's rig" mcdonalds theme. looking great as usual! please keep building yotas forever.
oh and i also HIGHLY enjoyed your weathering vid! now i just need something not lexan so i can try! (okay yes i realize i can weather lexan but... meh.)

Last edited by Shinchu; 05-24-2018 at 09:17 AM.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:20 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
looking great as usual! please keep building yotas forever.
Someone inform Noob that he has been demoted from Toyota guy.

Long live ImonlybuildingToyotasguy!
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:41 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Someone inform Noob that he has been demoted from Toyota guy.

Long live ImonlybuildingToyotasguyandonesteampoweredJeep!
Fixed your post.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:04 AM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Fixed your post.
Speaking of steam powered jeep, it's been 1 month and 2 days since your last post of an awesome but grainy gif. When's the next update
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:35 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
Speaking of steam powered jeep, it's been 1 month and 2 days since your last post of an awesome but grainy gif. When's the next update
Cool your jets, I've got comps to prep for. It's official unveiling will be at AxialFest.

Pretty much done with Marlene. She's been weathered and crudded up ever so slightly. Well taken care of, but still rough around the edges. Just the way I like it.

I installed the very nice sliders and rear bumper courtesy of my friends at ScalerFab. The fit and finish is great. I opted for unpainted, as I like them to weather over time naturally without paint. No, it's not because I'm lazy. Or am I? I don't even know anymore.

The sliders have integrated panels underneath to really smooth out the belly and transition really nicely into the A&M garage skid plate.

I added a couple more interior details.

Any build I do lately, I try to think about the person who would own the truck, and what they might do for a living. I imagine this guy is a photographer and outdoorsy action guy, so the accessories should match that lifestyle. So I made a camera tripod and added a couple Knight Customs Pelican-style cases to represent his camera gear.

And any good action guy would have a couple GoPro's mounted to capture all the off-road action for his YouTube channel.

And maybe a couple backups.

Now to go get it broken!

Old 05-29-2018, 10:28 PM   #29
Rock Stacker

The accessories are a major step up in the scale area for sure. I'm loving the unique thoughtfulness to add the go-pro!

Sent from my SM-J727R4 using Tapatalk
Dan_in_real_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:56 AM   #30

It looks great!

I got to thinking and now I'm wondering if my favorite marshmallows come from your truck.

Old 05-30-2018, 01:54 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

I hope that photographer has really long arms...

Not getting that tailgate down anytime soon!

Really nice looking bumper and sliders though! And those slick bottoms come in handy... I have a similar setup on my tinytire ascender and they got me out of several would-be jams at proline.
Yours really do blend perfectly with the skid plate. This toota is looking quite nice, as expected ;)
Old 05-30-2018, 04:14 PM   #32
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
You don't like rainbows?

Thanks, interior paints were Tamiya Flat Earth and Red Brown airbrushed in thin layers. Appreciate the kind words on the weathering video. It was fun to make and should give anybody the confidence to give it a try.
The Flat Tamiya Paints are great, just wish they produced more of 'em. imthatguy, you are Canadian yeah? Where do you get your Vallejo paints from? Know of a good place to mail order from in Canada. I can't find them locally.

Rig looks great btw, as all of your builds do. Thanks for sharing them and posting up all of your videos as well. your sense of humor is always appreciated.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:38 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_in_real_life View Post
The accessories are a major step up in the scale area for sure. I'm loving the unique thoughtfulness to add the go-pro!

Sent from my SM-J727R4 using Tapatalk
Thanks, it'll be even better when the running video utilizes goPro footage. Inception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
It looks great!

I got to thinking and now I'm wondering if my favorite marshmallows come from your truck.

It's Gnome Barf.

Quote:
I hope that photographer has really long arms...

Not getting that tailgate down anytime soon!

Really nice looking bumper and sliders though! And those slick bottoms come in handy... I have a similar setup on my tinytire ascender and they got me out of several would-be jams at proline.
Yours really do blend perfectly with the skid plate. This toota is looking quite nice, as expected ;)
Tailgate will go down-ish. Thanks very much, a fun build for sure. Not so accurate in the interior place, but meh. Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
The Flat Tamiya Paints are great, just wish they produced more of 'em. imthatguy, you are Canadian yeah? Where do you get your Vallejo paints from? Know of a good place to mail order from in Canada. I can't find them locally.

Rig looks great btw, as all of your builds do. Thanks for sharing them and posting up all of your videos as well. your sense of humor is always appreciated.
There's a place called Wheels & Wings in Toronto, they sell everything, and carry all the paints. https://www.wheelswingshobbies.com/ I'm glad you get my humour. Must be a Canadian thing.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:39 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Sweet Yota build, color is close to what my 1:1 was after second painting, went on to desert tan later. Red was too much, black or bare streel bumpers and nerfs looks much better. What interior are you using? Love the detail but not too heavy approach.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:42 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Looking great. Love the parts from Bert's A&M garage and scalerfab sliders. Can't wait to see it in action

149 r/c worx/scalerfab/team brood.
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:11 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Those rock sliders with skid plates turned out great!
stonecold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:05 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Sweet Yota build, color is close to what my 1:1 was after second painting, went on to desert tan later. Red was too much, black or bare streel bumpers and nerfs looks much better. What interior are you using? Love the detail but not too heavy approach.
interior is comprised of a RC4WD dash, and a Tamiya seat. The rest is styrene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapon boy View Post
Looking great. Love the parts from Bert's A&M garage and scalerfab sliders. Can't wait to see it in action

149 r/c worx/scalerfab/team brood.
Bert's stuff is top notch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
Those rock sliders with skid plates turned out great!
I'm very pleased.

So all in all, I'm very pleased with the setup of this truck. Pretty capable, very balanced, and excellent on the rocks and obstacles. I missed the Hill Climb, and due to unfortunate weather, the Truck Pull was cancelled. If I hadn't missed the Hill Climb event, I'm pretty sure I would have placed in the top ten. The Rubicon event really stressed the importance of overdriving the front axle, and thanks to A&M garage, both the OD and the flat skid really proved their worth in the Trail portion as well. The mini Hyrax is an excellent, almost cheater choice.

I'm not much for comping, but when I do C1's, it'll be with this little guy.

Old 06-13-2018, 01:46 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

NICE!
looking forward to some video. Harley mentioned you were there with the origin. hopefully we see this yoota in action too!
Old 06-13-2018, 02:41 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
interior is comprised of a RC4WD dash, and a Tamiya seat. The rest is styrene.

So all in all, I'm very pleased with the setup of this truck. Pretty capable, very balanced, and excellent on the rocks and obstacles. I missed the Hill Climb, and due to unfortunate weather, the Truck Pull was cancelled. If I hadn't missed the Hill Climb event, I'm pretty sure I would have placed in the top ten. The Rubicon event really stressed the importance of overdriving the front axle, and thanks to A&M garage, both the OD and the flat skid really proved their worth in the Trail portion as well.

Thanks!

Trucks looking good and I'm glad that you did well with it! Bummer you missed the Hill Climb, but I know it can get hectic at comps with so much to do. Some video would be sweet!

Did you trim the ends of the transfer case and pinion shafts to fit the Wildboar driveshafts?

Last edited by Natedog; 06-13-2018 at 02:46 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:39 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
NICE!
looking forward to some video. Harley mentioned you were there with the origin. hopefully we see this yoota in action too!
I was there and the only proof is photographic. I was in no mood to also get out the gimbal. Be happy there's any photos at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Thanks!

Trucks looking good and I'm glad that you did well with it! Bummer you missed the Hill Climb, but I know it can get hectic at comps with so much to do. Some video would be sweet!

Did you trim the ends of the transfer case and pinion shafts to fit the Wildboar driveshafts?
I'll shoot some video for the video follow up video I need to shoot and edit this week. Indeed, I trimmed the transfer case shafts to fit the Boars of Wilde.

Moar photos because Smiggin's.

Marlene Cwalrer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Marlin's Cwalrer pardonmyn00b Scale Videos! 2 10-27-2017 02:10 PM
FJ55 Rock Cwalrer pardonmyn00b 1.9 Scale Rigs 137 01-15-2017 10:10 AM