Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Natedog's Trail Findering TF2 Tiny Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2019, 03:04 PM   #161
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Natedog's Trail Findering TF2 Tiny Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
...lightweight driver that is hard to find they're typically solid plastic or rubber. I've carved up drivers in spots out of sight like the bottom of the legs, back and butt. One driver had a T shirt so I was able to widdle its torso down to a stick figure then put the T shirt back on.
Agreed, and yes carving up pretty much required. 3d printing people is not easy, a pre-modeled figure would help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
this driver figure from RC4WD made to bolt right into that interior. I used this one in my VS4-10 interior.
Might be, scale's appropriate, LHS has it in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
I’ve used these in a couple of my interiors. They are fairly lightweight.
Good idea too, kinda the one I've been leaning towards just for the weight factor and painted up they look pretty nice in other peeps builds here.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2019, 12:06 PM   #162
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Natedog's Trail Findering TF2 Tiny Truck

Hwy 49 RC, Rockhugger, and I had a great all day and late into the night crawl last weekend! Check out the awesome completely handmade trailer with leds!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC-KSKn8Vo0

New ProTek 4100mah 3s LIHVs worked great and maintained good balance so far. Soldered XT-60 plugs on them straight away, only weighed about 3 grams more than the old 3600s that I have, ran for hours on every pack!
ProTek RC 3S 120C Si-Graphene + HV Shorty LiPo Battery (11.4V/4100mAh)
https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek-...116-19/p846216

Rollbar works and looks great, took a few tumbles and only scratched the paint! Lost both front parking light bezels. Thanks again brother Bananaclip! My TF2 and Rockhugger's TRX-4 Defender with pickup body mods.

Group photo:

Snack time, dinner laters!

Took some test fit measurements and the Incision SCX10ii scale steel driveshaft front shaft would fit F/R on TF2, but maybe little short and only sold in sets. Looking at LockedUpRC DevilRC shafts. One rear shock is pumping oil out, need to rebuild with new o-rings already, was at 3k diff fluid probably going to 5k.

Last edited by Natedog; 08-02-2019 at 05:22 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Natedog's Trail Findering TF2 Tiny Truck - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chino63's F-150 a tiny tire tiny truck story. chino63 1.5 Scale Rigs 76 07-11-2018 03:17 PM
New2Ascender - big tiny truck built by little little hands new2rocks Vaterra Ascender 72 04-06-2018 09:01 AM
Gelande 2 FJ40 at Smiggin's Folly Tiny Truck Park for Trucks and Dolls pardonmyn00b Scale Videos! 1 03-16-2015 08:55 PM
TF2/Axial Trail truck?? Which to buy?? jim_w RC4WD Trail Finder 2 25 02-22-2013 10:47 PM