Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Natedog's Trail Findering TF2 Tiny Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2018, 01:57 PM   #141
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Natedog's Trail Findering TF2 Tiny Truck

Thanks for the input, I concur with BrakeWeight and Travis!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2019, 05:45 PM   #142
I wanna be Dave

Default Natedog's Trail Findering TF2 Tiny Truck

Your roll bar was finished up Monday evening Nate. It’s packed up and ready to head your way tomorrow. I did get a few pics before packing.

It’s not my best work but it turned out pretty nice. The thing fits the TF2 bed like it was made for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:55 PM   #143
I wanna be Dave

Looks great, looking forward to mounting it up and crawling, thanks!
Old 01-04-2019, 08:52 AM   #144
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Looks great, looking forward to mounting it up and crawling, thanks!

Your very welcome Nate. You do so much for the community I couldn't think of a more deserving person.... Enjoy Sir. It should keep your cab intact....
Old 01-04-2019, 09:09 AM   #145
Rock Crawler

I really like that. Nice and simple. Can't quite see from the pics, but how is it mounted to the bed? Is it on a plate and then bolted?
neilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:14 AM   #146
RCC Addict

Just found this in 'new posts'...looks like fun Nate.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 10:48 AM   #147
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilus View Post
I really like that. Nice and simple. Can't quite see from the pics, but how is it mounted to the bed? Is it on a plate and then bolted?

Thank you sir. I used some beefy captured tabs.

Old 01-10-2019, 11:46 AM   #148
I wanna be Dave

This awesome looking rollbar arrived safe and sound Monday, thanks Travis! I set it in the bed of my TF2 and it fits perfect, but work and life have been super busy lately and with rain I'm trying to get it painted and installed, pictures to come! Thanks again!
Old 01-13-2019, 01:25 AM   #149
Rock Crawler

Yes pictures please when you get it on natedog. It's a good looking roll bar that you will have.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 01:01 AM   #150
I wanna be Dave

First, my apologies to Bananaclip for neglecting mounting up this sweet rollbar and not posting pictures sooner. I've been kinda burnt out on crawling and between work and house stuff I neglected this, sorry about that. On to the rollbar!

Fit and finish is awesome, it hugs the rear cab angle and front of bed, mounts are set so that hex driver squeezes by to bolt it in and 2.5mm buttonheads fit perfectly! Hopefully tomorrow I'll pull it back out, paint, bake in old toaster oven and final mounting.

Last edited by Natedog; 04-23-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:58 AM   #151
Go Buckeyes!

Great thread Natedog! I just had the chance to read all the way thru it. Tons of good info here. I'm hitting the missing "LIKE" button!

Awesome crawl spot by the lake. Looks like a good spot to escape the pressures of real life!

I've got a couple questions. First, you mentioned possibly using the Incision driveshafts. Did you ever try them out or are you still using the TRX-4 shafts?

Second, you mentioned the chrome peeling off of the shock shafts. Are those the shafts out of the stock Marlin shocks? Makes me kinda worried that my Marlin shafts might do the same. I'm wondering if something can be done to keep that from happening.

Thanks for your help and I have subscribed so that I can get all the latest greatness!

Also, @Bananaclip, nice looking rollbar! It fits the bed nicely.
B-MOW71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:23 PM   #152
Rock Crawler

Looking good Nate dog. Keep it up. It's hard to find time for our hobby. Lately myself I feel burned out from life and feel like I need a recharge. Hope you find lots of interesting things to keep doing on this rig.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:06 AM   #153
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
I've been kinda burnt out on crawling and between work and house stuff I neglected this, sorry about that.
You need a natural off season like us over here in the NE. Winter is build season, summer is drive season. Nature's cyclical meanderings definitely help with the burnout.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:29 AM   #154
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Great thread Natedog! I just had the chance to read all the way thru it. Tons of good info here. I'm hitting the missing "LIKE" button!

Awesome crawl spot by the lake. Looks like a good spot to escape the pressures of real life!

...you mentioned possibly using the Incision driveshafts. Did you ever try them out or are you still using the TRX-4 shafts?

...you mentioned the chrome peeling off of the shock shafts. Are those the shafts out of the stock Marlin shocks? Makes me kinda worried that my Marlin shafts might do the same. I'm wondering if something can be done to keep that from happening.

Thanks for your help and I have subscribed so that I can get all the latest greatness!

Also, @Bananaclip, nice looking rollbar! It fits the bed nicely.
Thanks!

Yes, gotta get some relaxation from real life pressures.

Traxxas TRX-4 driveshafts working well, so I've not bought the Incision shafts.

I bought set of new Marlin shocks and yes the "hard chrome" plated shock shafts started peeling on first crawl with them lol. Nothing the user can do, RC4WD should look at their Quality Control process and fix it.

You're welcome and thanks for subscribing!

Yes, Bananaclip built an awesome rollbar, fit and finish are perfect! Got it all painted and baked last week, installed and need to get some more pictures, looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Looking good Nate dog. Keep it up. It's hard to find time for our hobby. Lately myself I feel burned out from life and feel like I need a recharge. Hope you find lots of interesting things to keep doing on this rig.
Thanks! Yep, agreed. The list is long, just gotta get time to do, interior is on the list with a driver and maybe some metal Toyota emblems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
You need a natural off season like us over here in the NE. Winter is build season, summer is drive season. Nature's cyclical meanderings definitely help with the burnout.
That would help!
Old 05-06-2019, 05:20 PM   #155
I wanna be Dave

Looks great Nate. I have been taking a break myself. I have several builds going on and with the weather breaking the house work has kept me busy. I did get a little work done on my yota today...... let’s see some pics of the painted bar my man

Old 05-07-2019, 10:36 PM   #156
I wanna be Dave

Thanks brother! Gotta do that sometimes, I've been watching your latest threads for updates too, glad to see you back! Yep, housework is never ending and varies with weather here too. I've got it here on my bench and it looks badass! Kinda hate to post another bench pic, we'll see, will get something up soon.
Old 06-21-2019, 06:31 PM   #157
I wanna be Dave

Looking at this molded interior, anybody used it before, better suggestions?
Interior Seat steering wheel Tamiya 1/10 Toyota Hilux Bruiser Mountaineer Truck
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Interior-Se...k/222718624967

Best paint to use for this, I've got some Testor's brush on, Tamiya and another brand? The Tamiya has so far been the best quality paint, resealable glass jar and results.

Looking around for a scale driver that's not too heavy, keeping COG low when possible, nothing great found yet.
Old 06-21-2019, 06:43 PM   #158
I wanna be Dave

As for a lightweight driver that is hard to find they're typically solid plastic or rubber. I've carved up drivers in spots out of sight like the bottom of the legs, back and butt. One driver had a T shirt so I was able to widdle its torso down to a stick figure then put the T shirt back on.

I suppose a 3D printed driver could be made to be light weight but thats something im not even sure I could model, I can do structural parts but figures/models not so much.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 06-21-2019 at 06:49 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:18 PM   #159
Go Buckeyes!

If I’m not mistaken, isn’t this driver figure from RC4WD made to bolt right into that interior. I used this one in my VS4-10 interior. I think I paid less than $10 for it on their website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2019, 07:26 PM   #160
Go Buckeyes!

Here is a pic of the website. I’ve used these in a couple of my interiors. They are fairly lightweight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Natedog's Trail Findering TF2 Tiny Truck - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chino63's F-150 a tiny tire tiny truck story. chino63 1.5 Scale Rigs 76 07-11-2018 03:17 PM
New2Ascender - big tiny truck built by little little hands new2rocks Vaterra Ascender 72 04-06-2018 09:01 AM
Gelande 2 FJ40 at Smiggin's Folly Tiny Truck Park for Trucks and Dolls pardonmyn00b Scale Videos! 1 03-16-2015 08:55 PM
TF2/Axial Trail truck?? Which to buy?? jim_w RC4WD Trail Finder 2 25 02-22-2013 10:47 PM