Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Drive Shafts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2019, 05:13 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Drive Shafts

I'm looking for shafts to upgrade to once I start building my kit with the A&M skid. I know the front stock is to short but I cant find info on what length is needed.
TIA
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2019, 06:57 PM   #2
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: Drive Shafts

I’m running the SuperShafty MIP HD shafts. They are designed for the TF2 with the A&M skid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 07:02 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I would venture to say that the Vanquish Incision driveshafts would also work. A few people (myself, included) have installed the shafts intended for the SCX10/SCX10.2 onto the Axial Capra, and they fit, no problem. If course, this might depend on which TF2 chassis you have - standard, SWB, or LWB.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 05:20 AM   #4
RCC Addict

The super shafty are out of stock so I was looking for other option but since I dont know how long till I build it's making things challenging.
Thought about just doing stock scx10.2 but looking at $55 just for plastic.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:10 AM   #5
Go Buckeyes!

Just noticed that Tapatalk blew up my pics! Sorry about that!

I am not sure what the length of the front driveshaft is, but I do have to say that the Incision driveshafts are very nice. I have them on my VP VS4-10 Origin and Pro. They are built very well and after a year of abuse, there is very little play in them and the pins are still tight.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 07:25 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I used the 95-130mm Junfac shafts on my TF2 (before they actually sold the TF2 driveshaft set) they have held up with no problems and have a diameter that is rather scale. If you can find shafts that list the max and min lengths, anything in the same 95-130mm range should work.

The cheap option for a much stronger driveshaft is to buy a set of Axial Wild Boar HD takeoffs on ebay for $20ish. Then you can mix and match ends and center sections or cut them down to get the length you need.

Either way, you will likely have to shorten the outputs on the t-case and axle pinion to use anything other than RC4WD shafts. The outputs are usually a little too long and the holes for the screw pins won't line up with the driveshaft holes.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 05:48 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
I used the 95-130mm Junfac shafts on my TF2 (before they actually sold the TF2 driveshaft set) they have held up with no problems and have a diameter that is rather scale. If you can find shafts that list the max and min lengths, anything in the same 95-130mm range should work.

The cheap option for a much stronger driveshaft is to buy a set of Axial Wild Boar HD takeoffs on ebay for $20ish. Then you can mix and match ends and center sections or cut them down to get the length you need.

Either way, you will likely have to shorten the outputs on the t-case and axle pinion to use anything other than RC4WD shafts. The outputs are usually a little too long and the holes for the screw pins won't line up with the driveshaft holes.
Thanks for the length, I've read about the junfac shafts and have had a set on my scx back in the day so I just ordered 2 at the 95-130mm. Should work great and last the life of this truck.
I'll look into the outputs and get them trimmed up.
Thanks for the feed back guys, very helpful!
Old 10-28-2019, 05:54 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Just noticed that Tapatalk blew up my pics! Sorry about that!

I am not sure what the length of the front driveshaft is, but I do have to say that the Incision driveshafts are very nice. I have them on my VP VS4-10 Origin and Pro. They are built very well and after a year of abuse, there is very little play in them and the pins are still tight.
Every body loves massive pics..
Thanks for the help..
Old 10-29-2019, 01:45 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
I would venture to say that the Vanquish Incision driveshafts would also work. A few people (myself, included) have installed the shafts intended for the SCX10/SCX10.2 onto the Axial Capra, and they fit, no problem. If course, this might depend on which TF2 chassis you have - standard, SWB, or LWB.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
I test fitted the Incision shafts on my TF2 RTR and they fit, also have them on my latest Ascender rebuild, very nice quality better than the MIPs imo.
https://www.vanquishproducts.com/inc...0-2-rtr-scx10/

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post

X2, but the Incision steel shafts look soooo much better. Yes, I had to grind the extra length off all my TF2 input and output shafts.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Drive Shafts - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AX10 MIP C Drive dig drive shafts in stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 1 12-03-2009 10:50 PM