Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Did I order the wrong driveshafts???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2020, 07:14 AM   #1

Default Did I order the wrong driveshafts???

Hello all!! My Marlin finally came in and so did the first round of mods!! One of those being the A&M garage transfer case mount and skid plate. I ordered some cheep Chinese driveshafts for an SCX10 the same day I ordered the skid plate I figured they would last a little bit while I figured out which ones I wanted to run long term. Well they won’t work without grinding down the output shafts on the T case and I really don’t want to do that so I may have jumped the gun but I ordered two steel punisher shafts in the 106-140 size. Will this work for front and rear? Best I could tell it seemed to be the next longest size from stock. Thanks in advance can’t wait to get this thing out on the trail!!!!
shhuskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2020, 09:41 AM   #2
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: Did I order the wrong driveshafts???

I used the SuperShafty MIP HD shafts that are designed to work with the A&M skid plate. You do not have to grind the output shafts with these.

You can see them in my Marlin build thread here:
B-MOW buys a TF2 Marlin Crawler
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 09:46 AM   #3

I have drooled all over my screen looking At this build and your Capra build as well. Just fantastic work! Those are the driveshafts I was after just couldn’t seem to find any in stock. Any idea the length of those driveshafts? I can’t seem to find any specs on them. I don’t think I will need to modify the outputs for the punisher shafts just trying to make sure I ordered the correct lengths.
shhuskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 11:18 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Understand not wanting to grind output/input shafts on new truck, but I did mine and very well worth the time. Every other RC truck I've seen/used had less excess shaft beyond the retaining holes and this way everything is interchangeable, which is especially nice in the field.

These are very nice looking and not overly large like some shafts, here you go VP Incision Driveshafts for SCX10-2 RTR & SCX10, SKU: IRC00220
https://www.vanquishproducts.com/inc...0-2-rtr-scx10/
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Did I order the wrong driveshafts??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Did I order the wrong motor??? cinnabun Axial RR10 Bomber 20 03-24-2017 06:20 AM
Something wrong with my installation or wrong mounting holes made? novaris Axial SCX10 II 19 10-16-2016 04:36 AM
HELP!!! just realized I order the wrong C hubs and steering knuckles Honcho907 Axial SCX-10 3 03-02-2016 05:54 PM
Did I order the wrong parts? Knuckle/stub issue lowslowTJ Axial Wraith 4 10-09-2011 08:29 PM
Driveshafts? which type do i order? carp Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 2 02-23-2010 06:54 PM