Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: BEC for both servos?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2020, 05:10 PM   #1

Default BEC for both servos?

So ive had issues getting the shift servo to last. It seems as if im burning it up. I was already running one bec for the steering servo and i figured i would do it for the shift servo. Still killed another servo. The servos were all old stock ones.

Question is.. Is this a bad idea to run 2 BECs? Is there a way to keep it from heating up or burning out.

Running a flysky fsgt5, reefs 442hd, hobbywing 1080, 2 castle 10a bec, 45t integy motor, 3s lipo

Also ordered a new reciever to get it out of equation.

Any help or thoughts thank you

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
beanz4run is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2020, 04:42 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: BEC for both servos?

Is it always buzzing when it's on?

Are you able to set the endpoints on the shift servo? You shouldn't need another bec for it as it really isn't under load.

Does the shifting linkage bind?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Dirt Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 10:59 AM   #3
RCC Addict

It's not a bad thing to run 2 bec's.

It's totally and completely unnecessary though. The draw from your shift servo is pretty low and with 10amps available there's plenty of capacity for the bec to power a steering servo and a shift servo. I'd suggest you just run one bec and save the other one for other use (another rig or replace this one if it dies).

If the shift servos are burning out because they're overheating that's probably being caused an end-points issue. If I'm right about this you need to either A) adjust the end-points of your Tx so the servo only moves far enough to make the shift and doesn't try to push past that pint, or B) install a spring type shift linkage so the excess servo travel can be absorbed by the spring or C) both A & B.
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 11:13 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo View Post

It's totally and completely unnecessary though. The draw from your shift servo is pretty low and with 10amps available there's plenty of capacity for the bec to power a steering servo and a shift servo. I'd suggest you just run one bec and save the other one for other use (another rig or replace this one if it dies).

If the shift servos are burning out because they're overheating that's probably being caused an end-points issue. If I'm right about this you need to either A) adjust the end-points of your Tx so the servo only moves far enough to make the shift and doesn't try to push past that pint, or B) install a spring type shift linkage so the excess servo travel can be absorbed by the spring or C) both A & B.
Yeah it looks to be a end point issue.

Old 04-17-2020, 11:42 AM   #5

Also with the bec installed on the shift servo due to how i have the power wired in before the esc when you plug the battery in it wants to center the shift servo before power is turned on. So the bec caused me an issue haha.

Old 04-29-2020, 02:11 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo View Post

Precisely.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 01:11 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Yep adjust the endpoints should fix the problem. Once you get it dialed in should run great.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote

BEC for both servos? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dual servos and BEC MNorby Electronics 2 01-19-2020 10:40 AM
Two servos.....one bec? recoveryjuggernaut Electronics 2 10-21-2015 11:04 AM
How many servos off one BEC? Josh_Br Electronics 5 12-27-2012 11:44 AM
One BEC Two servos JustinM Electronics 8 04-23-2012 08:14 AM