Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: New Cross Country from RC4WD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2020, 11:48 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New Cross Country from RC4WD

Body is definitely smaller than the New Bright JK body.

With the JL and Gladiator RC's out on the market, I'm not so sure going back to a JK(I mean Black Rock) was a wise decision. Even as a hard body, I think the JK has been played out and I'm a Jeep fan. The chassis, as a builders kit, might be a worthy direction to go. Just my two cents...
58_Willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2020, 12:35 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

It’s looking like at least February before we can actually be able to get it
sb4pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 08:57 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Apparently there is an actual Jeep grill hidden under that license dodging abomination stuck on the front. Gives me a little more hope for this one.

svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 09:04 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb4pro View Post
It’s looking like at least February before we can actually be able to get it

Before the RTR is shipped, or Feb. is when a kit/chassis only version is to be released?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fishcharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 12:21 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Rtr version
Old 12-23-2020, 01:32 PM   #26
RCC Addict

I just can't get past how comically high that motor sits. Between that and the hard body I just can't see this being much more than a very mild trail truck/fun to look at and throw parts at.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 05:55 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
I just can't get past how comically high that motor sits. Between that and the hard body I just can't see this being much more than a very mild trail truck/fun to look at and throw parts at.

Isn’t that pretty much RC4WD’s niche? All of the RC4WD I own is pretty much thrown on parts to their Gelande and TF2 chassis. Most are highly detailed/customized bodies, but all the same brand nonetheless.

Doesn’t bother me though, I’ll be adding this guy to the collection as well.... preferably when the kit comes out or I get too impatient waiting.

Lentsnh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 07:29 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh2012 View Post
Isn’t that pretty much RC4WD’s niche? All of the RC4WD I own is pretty much thrown on parts to their Gelande and TF2 chassis. Most are highly detailed/customized bodies, but all the same brand nonetheless.

Doesn’t bother me though, I’ll be adding this guy to the collection as well.... preferably when the kit comes out or I get too impatient waiting.

Yes that seems to be the niche but watching my Instagram feed you’d think they are all hard core crawlers haha. At least they look real in the photos
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 09:09 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Yep I’m you you. If one wants a perfect performing Crawler to win comps, your following the wrong thread. Axial has bored me for too long now, and I’ve only been in the hobby for 2 years. RC4WD, keep up the (mostly) great work. That being said, please put some more thought into motor mounts in future products, thanks

Old 12-30-2020, 05:11 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Yay., more of the same; Chevy, Toyota, Jeep

lkvisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 06:00 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Default New Cross Country from RC4WD

There’s always going to be negativity and I’m not supporting one or another, just adding some realistic thoughts.

We see the same bodies, brands, etc because that’s what the majority associate with off-roading. Land Rover, Toyota, Jeep, Full-size Chevy/Dodge/Ford 2 doors. Companies have to appeal to the masses or it’ll be a flop. RedCat came out with the clever out-of-the-box Sixty Four and CEN Racing came out with the F450, but those aren’t going to do well because they’re a niche thing or people don’t associate them with being anything more than they are on a website or in person.

The transmission height was one of the first things to come out of people’s mouths about the TF2. Now, here we are still using them and creating solutions to make them more capable and appealing to more comp focused enthusiasts.

I get it, everyone has opinions, but can we at least give it a chance and get it into people’s hands before bad mouthing a new product that we’re spoiled to?

Last edited by Lentsnh2012; 12-30-2020 at 07:33 AM.
Lentsnh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:28 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Given how scale is our steering system and transmissions, there's not many ways to get both servo and motor in the same volume as their 1:1 counterparts ... add to that servo on axle is no longer the trend and that space for the interior is mandatory, there's not that many options left.

Hopefully no matter how high the motor is, the TRX4 has proven that brass solves everything
tuxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 11:37 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

I for one can’t wait for it to get here . It’s everything I want in a trail truck - hard body , linked suspension , detailed interior , and super scale . Rc4wd hit another one out of the ballpark ����
Old 12-30-2020, 07:05 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
There’s always going to be negativity and I’m not supporting one or another, just adding some realistic thoughts.

We see the same bodies, brands, etc because that’s what the majority associate with off-roading. Land Rover, Toyota, Jeep, Full-size Chevy/Dodge/Ford 2 doors. Companies have to appeal to the masses or it’ll be a flop. RedCat came out with the clever out-of-the-box Sixty Four and CEN Racing came out with the F450, but those aren’t going to do well because they’re a niche thing or people don’t associate them with being anything more than they are on a website or in person.

The transmission height was one of the first things to come out of people’s mouths about the TF2. Now, here we are still using them and creating solutions to make them more capable and appealing to more comp focused enthusiasts.

I get it, everyone has opinions, but can we at least give it a chance and get it into people’s hands before bad mouthing a new product that we’re spoiled to?

Agreed, well put.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:08 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Yep, opinions generally can be taken negatively or positively. I enjoy hearing the thoughts of others on a new scale vehicle. Positive or negative; someone else’s eye will catch things I miss.

I agree that the upgrades that will follow will add a lot of possibilities. The interior is a big plus, spare tire on rear.., I also just noticed no coilovers; amazing!
I love rc4wd and its scale aspect; but the grill and fenders.... Someone come out with a 7 slot grill stat;)
As stated earlier with the motor positioning..., looks like it could have been clocked quite a bit more.
Definitely appreciate another offering coming out with 1.55s tho. Would love to build one of these but I’m in no hurry for another jeep; I mean Black Rock.

Thanks Lance

lkvisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 09:16 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Just pulled the trigger and ordered it from Amain hobby . I’m going to scale it out with accessories , Rc4wd Mike driver figure , a Big Dog trailer and some XXXMain decals
Old 12-31-2020, 09:25 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Just pulled the trigger and ordered it from Amain hobby . I’m going to scale it out with accessories , Rc4wd Mike driver figure , a Big Dog trailer and some XXXMain decals

Cool! Looking forward to seeing what people do to them to make them look more realistic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 09:50 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Cool! Looking forward to seeing what people do to them to make them look more realistic

Biggest thing will be figuring out what to do about that butt ugly grill lol
Old 12-31-2020, 10:56 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Yeah, for sure. If I had one, I’d remove the door handles and put better ones on and fix the grille. I think that would help it a lot.

ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 10:18 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You literally just take the big mesh square off the front and there is a 7 slot grill underneath.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote

New Cross Country from RC4WD - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taking Amtrak cross country. soilwork Chit Chat 20 03-07-2011 10:13 AM
Finally! The Cross Country vid JasonInAugusta Videos! 19 01-21-2007 11:36 PM
Cross country crawling freetimecrawler Chit Chat 20 11-21-2006 08:48 PM
anyone traveling cross country from the east coast? Unimoger Chit Chat 0 10-17-2005 03:32 PM
What are the guidelines for a Cross Country/Trail rig? gregrocks90046 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 9 04-21-2005 10:37 PM