Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: TF2 RTR & Outcry 3 ESC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2021, 02:40 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default TF2 RTR & Outcry 3 ESC

Picked up the Midnight edition TF2 as my first RC4WD truck. Very fun so far.
My question is the included ESC seems to have no drag brake whatsoever.
Am I expecting too much of it? My other trucks have HobbyWing 1080’s, the Reedy 400 or 480X (Element RTR’s), and one OG SCX10 with a still functional Novak Rooster Crawler system - all being compared to the RC4WD unit. I have a HW 1080 in my toolbox drawer I could replace it with it, and just might for the 7.4V BEC and various settings to adjust, but wanted to make sure I’m not missing something first.

Thanks all!

Last edited by CamoColton; 01-17-2021 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Grammar
CamoColton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2021, 03:04 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: TF2 RTR & Outcry 3 ESC

Do you have the external jumpers set right on the esc? Should be jumpers for lipo/nimh and drag brake.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 03:59 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
Do you have the external jumpers set right on the esc? Should be jumpers for lipo/nimh and drag brake.
Yes, set for forward/reverse (in lieu of Fwd/brk/rev, or fwd/brk), and LiPo. Those are all the jumper settings it has. It makes me wonder if it really even has a drag brake. Because most do have a jumper dedicated to the drag brake.
Old 01-17-2021, 04:24 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoColton View Post
Yes, set for forward/reverse (in lieu of Fwd/brk/rev, or fwd/brk), and LiPo. Those are all the jumper settings it has. It makes me wonder if it really even has a drag brake. Because most do have a jumper dedicated to the drag brake.
Mine has a drag brake, try just pulling the jumper out entirely for the brake, sometimes that makes it work, other than that it should work.
Old 01-17-2021, 07:14 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
Mine has a drag brake, try just pulling the jumper out entirely for the brake, sometimes that makes it work, other than that it should work.
Strange development - it does have a drag brake. I知 not sure what happened last time I used it. There is a drag brake, albeit weak. I tested it by pushing the truck forward while on, and then shutting it off - it immediately freewheeled. I知 wondering if the last time I used it something didn稚 calibrate correctly during its start up or if I had the truck on before the radio? Because it definitely coasted to a stop. I知 feeling a touch stupid over this, and possibly expecting too much. Gotten to used to having 100% drag brake settings available.

I appreciate your help regardless!
Old 01-17-2021, 08:03 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoColton View Post
Strange development - it does have a drag brake. I知 not sure what happened last time I used it. There is a drag brake, albeit weak. I tested it by pushing the truck forward while on, and then shutting it off - it immediately freewheeled. I知 wondering if the last time I used it something didn稚 calibrate correctly during its start up or if I had the truck on before the radio? Because it definitely coasted to a stop. I知 feeling a touch stupid over this, and possibly expecting too much. Gotten to used to having 100% drag brake settings available.

I appreciate your help regardless!
I have noticed that if you change the positions of the jumpers, it doesn't take effect til you power cycle the esc.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2021, 07:29 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I'll keep that in mind. On this one you leave the jumper out to get the fwd/rev mode. It's strange.

TF2 RTR & Outcry 3 ESC - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking to get a TF2 LWB RTR, can I run a lipo on the stock ESC? RW413 Newbie General 0 04-20-2020 06:27 PM
Run 2 Motors w/ Outcry "Single" Motor ESC & DIG? NullARC Electronics 7 01-14-2014 08:33 PM