Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Stupid question: how much can I pinch the front and be SORRCA c2 compliant?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2021, 09:50 PM   #1

Default Stupid question: how much can I pinch the front and be SORRCA c2 compliant?

I have a spare cab laying around and I just cut the hood lines, but I’m looking for clarification on how wide the front needs to be. I’m thinking about cutting the fenders off too (maybe) but my plan is, if it fits within the rules, to pie cut the hood out from the hood line to the start of the hood hump. That’s about 3/4” from each side.

Thoughts?
DavidVonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2021, 06:16 PM   #2
Built, not bought

Default Re: Stupid question: how much can I pinch the front and be SORRCA c2 compliant?

Reading is fundamental. The rules clearly state how much can be pinched. Try searching for yourself instead of expecting everyone else to do it for you.
62PYRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 04:09 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Stupid question: how much can I pinch the front and be SORRCA c2 compliant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62PYRO View Post
Reading is fundamental. The rules clearly state how much can be pinched. Try searching for yourself instead of expecting everyone else to do it for you.
Wow...nice answer ...just makes it pretty clear what kind of people run the SORRCA
A simple number had done it
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 05:22 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I found it by searching Google rc SORRCA rules

Which led me here

2020 SORRCA Rules

Pinching the front (2/3 the width of the widest part of the cab)
Zukiiholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 06:42 PM   #5
Built, not bought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukiiholic View Post
I found it by searching Google rc SORRCA rules

Which led me here

2020 SORRCA Rules

Pinching the front (2/3 the width of the widest part of the cab)
And, it's just as easy to find the 2021 rules. Unfortunately, some people don't want to take the time to search. I guess they don't realize that it's probably quicker that way.
62PYRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 06:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62PYRO View Post
And, it's just as easy to find the 2021 rules. Unfortunately, some people don't want to take the time to search. I guess they don't realize that it's probably quicker that way.

Actually, when I posted I HAD searched and found the answer of 2/3s. However I wasn’t near my truck to measure it before I posted so I wanted to see if someone knew so I could plan how much to take out of each side.

Asshat
DavidVonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote

Stupid question: how much can I pinch the front and be SORRCA c2 compliant? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SORRCA Compliant Class 2 Smonkman 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 10-15-2020 06:39 PM
Sorrca rules question C2 scx10 truggy Beaner 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 12-29-2016 04:20 PM
SORRCA question RockBiter General Scale Talk 1 12-18-2014 10:36 AM
Stupid Question because I'm computer stupid! RXcrawler Chit Chat 19 10-18-2007 02:45 PM