Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Fricker08 Joins the party with a TF2 kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2022, 12:45 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Fricker08 Joins the party with a TF2 kit

So nice and clean build , like old school , not bobbed and OEM , so pretty !!
FREEDOM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2022, 01:05 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Default Fricker08 Joins the party with a TF2 kit

Looks good man. I feel your pain on painting, Im waiting for clear weather and free time to line up so I can finally get my Suburban primed so I can keep the bodywork going.

Can’t wait to see what you think of it when you run it
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 08:12 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Man this thing was a blast. I got out and ran it for the first time today. It’s basically stock, I upgraded the bumpers. Still need to install the metals sliders and finish the full interior. But I drove it for about an hour n a half with the trailer attached the whole time. Was surprised and happy with its performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 09:21 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Looks great. That's one of those places that you can easily run out 1.5 hours and never even feel close to it. Would be for me. It looks great with those wheels and tires but body needs some dirt and rash lol.

Apologies if I missed it but what Crawlmaster Sport are you running - plus pinion gearing? Just curious because I'm in the process of replacing the RC4WD 540 45t with a Crawlmaster Sport 550 15t ( original 14/64 pinion). Seems like a drastic change so I'm a little nervous but that's what HH said would be a good performance upgrade.

Thanks
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 10:29 PM   #25
RCC Addict

HPD, that’s for sure. I’ve spent 5+ hours out at that particular spot. It’s a lot of fun with a group of buddies. I’ll have to double check the gearing, but it’s whatever came stock with the kit. I’m running a crawlmaster sport 540 can 16t. I had a 10t 550 in it and it was a little much haha

Old 07-15-2022, 07:25 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
Man this thing was a blast. I got out and ran it for the first time today. It’s basically stock, I upgraded the bumpers. Still need to install the metals sliders and finish the full interior. But I drove it for about an hour n a half with the trailer attached the whole time. Was surprised and happy with its performance

Looking good bud!

I wish we had stuff like that in FL. Biggest rocks we have are Aripeka and what's left of the abandoned Cross Florida Barge Canal project.
RC Perspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 09:11 AM   #27
Go Buckeyes!

Nice outdoor run pics! That looks like a great place to spend the day doing tiny driving!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 10:08 AM   #28
RCC Addict

Thanks guys, unfortunately idk if I’ll ever drive there again. Got a change of scenery on the horizon. But I’m trying to enjoy it while I can

Old 02-03-2023, 01:45 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
It’s never too late to join the TF2 party! Everyone should have at least one!

Glad to see it’s a kit and not an RTR. You’ll get to make sure all the screws are tight with thread lock applied. My Marlin RTR had loose screws and no sign of thread lock.

Leaf spring trucks are fun to drive and take the scale driving to the next level. Lovin’ my Marlin now that my leafs are broken in.

Following along to see more.

Agreed, love mine very unique with a hardbody and once tuned it crawls very well! Always puts a smile on my face too.

Read through your thread and looked at the pictures, I know it was one of first crawls with it and the leaf springs need to get settled and worked in, but looks like super stiff, if you've got the small coil springs inside the shocks, remove them it will crawl much better.

Last edited by Natedog; 02-03-2023 at 04:13 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 08:11 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Agreed, love mine very unique with a hardbody and once tuned it crawls very well! Always puts a smile on my face too.

Read through your thread and looked at the pictures, I know it was one of first crawls with it and the leaf springs need to get settled and worked in, but looks like super stiff, if you've got the small coil springs inside the shocks, remove them it will crawl much better.

Thanks man, I actually built it without those installed. It did loosen up a bit but unfortunately I swap rigs like crazy and this things on the chopping block

Old 06-26-2023, 12:25 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Well this thing wouldn’t go away so I did with it what any of us would… throw a bunch of money at it! Smh
This thing got a huge makeover. Ecto fab leaf springs, a company that popped up on F**ebook since twistedfabco springs are tough to get.. I figured I’d give these a try. That was the start of this madness, from there I picked up a pile
Of a&m garage parts as well as building a complete set of ssd pro44 axles. I did a deal with indybama for a tk chassis, unfortunately not realizing the stock tk 44’s are different than the actual pro44’s hence building a complete set.
Friday night I stripped the chassis down, then I started to reconfiguring. Took a few try’s to get everything right but this is where it sits now. A&M garage flat skid, sliders, shackle reversal front bumper and matching rear bumper as well as the anti-wrap bar. Ecto fab leaf springs and shackles.. I should note I’ve been told these are r&d springs and I’m still on the list for their “killer” springs. Body needed a little trimming to get everything to fit right n tight. May need a little more work when I stuff 4.19’s in there. I’m also considering painting the body like a semi-flat black or something.. we will see. I’ve also got a special set of wheels coming I am pretty sure will end up on here.
I’ve still got it setup for a 2 speed for now, got the Holmes 500lp sitting in there and I’ll be running a hobbywing 1080 with 16t crawlmaster sport.
Looking forward to buttoning this thing up and installing the full interior I’ve had for it since it was new but never installed

Old 06-26-2023, 06:19 AM   #32
Go Buckeyes!

Glad to see this build didn't go away! The TF2 looks great in it's current configuration!

Can't go wrong with the A&M Garage products. I need to take a look at them Ecto Fab springs. I've been wanting a set of Twisted Fab springs for my Marlin, but didn't want to wait to get on a long waiting list.
Old 06-26-2023, 10:36 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Looks Frickin sweet !!! I
distinctive pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 01:00 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Thanks guys! Got the c1 tires mocked up last night, man does it look killer. I still need to play with shocks and mounting positions but it’s gettin there

Old 06-29-2023, 12:39 AM   #35
RCC Addict

I need some help on ring color choice..

Old 06-29-2023, 06:08 AM   #36
Go Buckeyes!

All look cool. The camo looks great, but might be too much camo with rings and wheels being the same.

IMO, gray all the way!!!

Oh and I'm going to need to see pics with the body off. I'm seeing some cool stuff thru the fender wells!
Old 06-29-2023, 06:21 AM   #37
RCC Addict

Yeah man… it needs the grey skarns imo. But I don’t think you should steal them from the pro either

twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 08:24 AM   #38
RCC Addict

Yea I was thinking the camo rings would look good on some black wheels down the road. I’m definitely torn, and Tom, the pro may be getting new wheels in the future.

Brian, here’s some “finished” chassis pics
It was tough getting the shock length right to get full suspension travel. I ended up flipping the rear shock towers to push the shock forward more to get full stroke. I’ll see how it works and decide if I change it later

Old 08-13-2023, 04:32 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Well this thing is technically done… again haha I never drove it on the pro44’s before ripping it apart and swapping to vanquish F10t’s definitely love the look. Drive it for the first time yesterday for about 10 minutes to snap some pics

Old 08-13-2023, 04:40 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Looks great man! Makes me almost regret selling my tf2…

twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote

Fricker08 Joins the party with a TF2 kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1stGen Joins the Party (build thread) 1stGen Axial SCX10 III 22 01-17-2021 05:32 PM