Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Are electronics requirements for TF2 / Gelande II the same?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2022, 01:32 AM   #1

Default Are electronics requirements for TF2 / Gelande II the same?

I have a TF2 SWB which works well with the electronics I put in it (from memory, a 35T motor), I've just ordered a Gelande II and am wanting to go waterproof with it, I have been too scared to touch more than 1mm of water with the TF2 as it's not waterproof at all and stories about LiPOs exploding if shorted scare the beejeesus out of me.

If I wanted to do some wading then I'm thinking I may need to go to NiMH (I have some which I use in Tamiya buggies, dunno if they're the most suitable) for safety, is that correct? Then it comes down to which ESC / Motor / Servo (I have a 3Ch Spektrum receiver lined up already) - motor maybe should be a rebuildable one for cleaning purposes etc in case it gets mucked up, yes? Would just like to get opinions and experiences of waterproof electronics suitable for scale driving in the Gelande II, obviously RC4WD recommend some on their product page but I have no experience with their electronics (my other stuff uses Tekin or Novak I think).

This will be for the D90 version of the Gelande II so I'd want it to be scale to that look and usage, it'll just be casual stuff around local forests and the garden etc. I've never driven a D90 myself (1:1), my only rock crawling experience is with SCX10 and TF2, so I've pretty much learned everything I know about the driving aspect of it by myself.

Last edited by jonathanm; 05-27-2022 at 01:44 AM.
jonathanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2022, 08:24 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Are electronics requirements for TF2 / Gelande II the same?

no the gelandi 2 will require much much more exspensive electronics or is it the other way around maybe the tf2 needs the exspensive electronics

ha ha ha lol im just messin around they run the same stuff and just about anything you get these days will be water proof
dont worrie about lipos and water lipos are alot more stable than poeple makethem out to be that dosent mean dont be carefull with them they pack a hell of a punch and can cause all kinds of problems besides just catching fire i only know 2 people who have actualy had a lipo fire and both times was a unattended lipo being charged to fast
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 10:37 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Are electronics requirements for TF2 / Gelande II the same?

I went swimming with my lipos plenty of times. Even dunked my trx in saltwater a month ago. Water getting into bearings, axles and wheels is gonna be your problem, not lipos.
Ninomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gelande ii, waterproof

Are electronics requirements for TF2 / Gelande II the same? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gelande 1/18 Electronics Bunce Micro Scale Rigs 0 05-07-2022 12:22 AM
New Electronics for 1/18 Gelande II Lumpmister Micro Scale Rigs 9 05-18-2018 07:32 PM
Electronics for my gelande 2 build Beaner Newbie General 13 12-28-2017 08:41 AM
Gelande Electronics Question/Suggestion edan Electronics 5 08-22-2016 08:07 PM