Thread: Worminator Crawler Comp Axle is shipping

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 07:16 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

cool,thanx guys
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2009, 12:47 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Once I get back to the states, if I start a Crawler build, these will definitely be the axles of choice. Awesome stuff here guys.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:49 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Are replacement inners available for these axles?
Old 10-09-2009, 11:45 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

How are these legal for a 1.9 class crawler? If the hex to hex is 7-7/8" you would need a major offset wheel. It would be cool to have a set on the MRC.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:49 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

Anybody know? Anybody?
Old 10-10-2009, 05:06 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloth View Post
Are replacement inners available for these axles?

Yes. We can replace all items on our axles. We just don't always add the part to our site.

Need something?
Old 04-13-2010, 11:05 PM   #47

i know this thread is old but some issues need to be raised.

i have these axles and the 1:1 tranny that rc4wd came out with. after many hours of trial and error i CAN NOT get my crawler to work at an acceptable level. the 1:1 is very very very noisey (and yes i also tried an r2dig tranny) i have tried every size of pinion i could get into both trannies 9even some that wouldnt fit and i had to mod the transmissions to get them to work) as well as both 40:1 and 25:1 gears in the axles. also have tried several brushless and brushed motors and both 2s and 3s....nothing helps. either lots of speed and no torque or NO speed and lots of torque.

rc4wd, how do i get these to work correctly? and yes i have emailed and the responses i got were completely useless.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:52 AM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by overland_yj View Post
i know this thread is old but some issues need to be raised.

i have these axles and the 1:1 tranny that rc4wd came out with. after many hours of trial and error i CAN NOT get my crawler to work at an acceptable level. the 1:1 is very very very noisey (and yes i also tried an r2dig tranny) i have tried every size of pinion i could get into both trannies 9even some that wouldnt fit and i had to mod the transmissions to get them to work) as well as both 40:1 and 25:1 gears in the axles. also have tried several brushless and brushed motors and both 2s and 3s....nothing helps. either lots of speed and no torque or NO speed and lots of torque.

rc4wd, how do i get these to work correctly? and yes i have emailed and the responses i got were completely useless.

Send us an email to rcrock(at)gmail.com, make sure include your order #, we will send you a new tranny.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:01 AM   #49

Big thanks to RC4wd for the help I received in getting my Worminator running. The customer support from Tom and others at RC4WD was quick, precise and functional.

Considering all of the reports over this ARTR kit I am impressed with the quality of the build and anything it lacks in wheel speed is made up by the sheer clearance the Worminator diffs offer.

I am only running 7.2V NiMh at the moment and look forward to running some Lipos with extra punch in the future.

When I first got it running I was shocked by the drive train noise but then realised I had the rear drive shaft set slightly out of phase. I corrected this and the unit now runs with the typical worm drive hum that sounds strong and positive with no undue noise at all.

The R2 crawler box is also smooth and well built.

Having just finished building a Rock Rider Chassis with Losi diffs and an Axial gearbox, the wheel speed of the Worminator was no big issue. I am now used to the higher level of control and precise crawling the worm gears offer.

So overall (and so far) the Worminator is performing as expected, running very smoothly and crawling nicely.

Thanks again to Tom and the team at RC4WD. I will post up some pics once I have the panels painted.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #50
Pebble Pounder

It would sure be nice to see these in a SuperClass width,it would bring in a whole new era in Super Shafty's,maybe some day ?
Old 03-15-2015, 11:27 PM   #51

Default Re: Worminator Crawler Comp Axle is shipping

I just bought a built up wraith with font and rear steer worminators, I just broke my right rear axel shaft at the dogbone... im finding it impossible to find replacement shafts (both are front axel shafts for rear steer use) can anyone help? I want to buy at least 3 shafts one to replace and 2 spares.
thank you
Old 03-16-2015, 11:54 AM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by milTroy1970 View Post
I just bought a built up wraith with font and rear steer worminators, I just broke my right rear axel shaft at the dogbone... im finding it impossible to find replacement shafts (both are front axel shafts for rear steer use) can anyone help? I want to buy at least 3 shafts one to replace and 2 spares.
thank you
Not exactly sure, but these may be what your looking for.

XVD for Worminator Crawler Rear Axle

Parts are here.

Worminator Axle Parts

Thanks
Tom
Old 03-18-2015, 12:36 AM   #53

What I really need to find out is weather the front and rear worminator shafts with the inner dog bone and the bearing installed is the same lengths. The front axel inner dog bone shaft measures 2.255" eye to center ball of the dog bone (2 1/4"). What does the rear measure from eye to center ball of the dog bone?
The outers are notably different in length of cup but I'm not concerned with that.