Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > RC4WD

Notices

Thread: AX2 2 Speed Transmission for Axial Wraith & SCX10/Honcho

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 06:04 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer4Life View Post
Airmail option is USPS. You should have airmail as an option.
Is there a trick to get the air mail option to come up?? I've tried a couple of times to go through the check out process but I can only get the ups option for shipping.

Scratch that.... found the option for USPS thanks for listening RC4WD u guys rock.... now i can finish my build, with out shelling out a small fortune for postage

Last edited by Rockridge; 09-01-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

Default Re: AX2 2 Speed Transmission for Axial Wraith & SCX10/Honcho

Ok guys, just wanted to let you know that you can use your spur gear cover and it's not that hard. Just takes a little time and I've got the hard part figured out for you. The main reason I wanted to use mine , like most of you, was to keep the wiring from getting into it and to keep the mud and rocks out!

Step 1. Before removing the rear spur cover and after removing the front you need to mark the rear part where it is closest to the front trans OUTPUT (the part where the front driveshaft goes on). You are doing this to help line it up on the new trans. Then Remove the rear cover saving those screws (you will need two of them on the new trans.Take the back part and dremel the three ears that the bolts go through off till its flat on the center part of the back like this

Step 2. Take the part you just worked on and place it on your trans. Lining the top screw closest to the motor and the mark at the front output that you made. You can go ahead and swap your old trans screw into that top left hole to help you make your other marks. On this pic you can see the mark I made 3/4 inch or so below the input shaft. This is where you will have to drill with a 3/16 bit in a few.

3) You need to do a little more dremeling to the front side of the cover so you can put a thin nut on where your upper right screw will come through. Also this needs a new hole up above and slightly right so it will line up with the other top screw just like this. The lower arrow is where the output should be.

4. Now the hard part is over. You can put your top two screws all the way through (from your old trans) and some thin nuts on with a drop of loctite . I drilled my lower hole out with a 3/16 bit and wallered it out a bit. Then I took an extra screw and forced it in while turning it. It will cut its own threads in the aluminum or you can tap it if you wish.

This is all you have to do. Just put your new spur gear on and make sure it doesn't hit any bolts. If so just dremel them off a bit.

Sorry I didn't take a pic of my cover on but it works great, no rubbing!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Got mine installed in my dingo and after trimming the front drive shaft there is a binding issue any suggestions
Old 09-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #44
Pebble Pounder

I added a small spacer to the top 4 link bars
Old 09-11-2012, 10:07 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

Do you have a photo are you runing a plastic top link.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:16 PM   #46
Pebble Pounder

I'm running the stock plastic 3 link, I just used a longer screw and some tube as a sleeve.. No I don't have any pics sorry
Old 09-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #47
Pebble Pounder

I am running the four link in the front with metal lowers and plastic upppers from the dingo kit and I am getting binding. When I compress the front suspension the problem goes away.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #48
Pebble Pounder

Your kit should have come with extra links, check the length on them you want to have longer links up top 1/4 or so. It'll clock the axle and raises the axles input shaft and gives the drive shaft a better angle so it won't bind...

Last edited by execelon; 09-12-2012 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Herp a derp
Old 09-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Hey guys, I made a video of my wraith doing some low gear crawling, which it does awesome now with this trans and some high speed passes in high gear. Top gear is stupid fast (mega fun) in this thing. I can harly keep it at more than half throttle. I am running a Tekin 3300 pro4 with a 12tooth pinion and the rc4wd stock spur gear. I had to crank the slipper all the way down. Also my drag brake in low gear, which is set at 70%, will hold this thing on any slope till the tires stop sliding . P.s. Katan I just wanted to let you and the guys at rc4wd thankyou for this trans, and for listening to what we fellow RC ers needed. This truck is wicked fun!

Axial Wraith Crawling And Bashing - YouTube
Old 09-17-2012, 05:50 AM   #50
Rock Crawler

Thanks
Old 09-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #51

This product looks super cool. In the interest of budget, I am considering putting this in my wraith and making a linkage to shift with my finger from crawl to fast and back.

Has anybody installed this in their wraith without the servo?
Thanks for the input guys,
Mike.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #52
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnhobbyist View Post
This product looks super cool. In the interest of budget, I am considering putting this in my wraith and making a linkage to shift with my finger from crawl to fast and back.

Has anybody installed this in their wraith without the servo?
Thanks for the input guys,
Mike.
You would need to make something to hold it in gear as it will pop out if no servo is conected.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #53

Aha, good thing I asked this question. Hmmmmm, I'm gonna have to come up with a creative system to over come this. Anybody have any ideas to share on this? I wonder if I can fab up some type of detent or something.

I really don't want to buy another servo and remote and the reciever in the box is full since I put in the bec.

Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks guys.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:40 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnhobbyist View Post
Aha, good thing I asked this question. Hmmmmm, I'm gonna have to come up with a creative system to over come this. Anybody have any ideas to share on this? I wonder if I can fab up some type of detent or something.

I really don't want to buy another servo and remote and the reciever in the box is full since I put in the bec.

Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks guys.
You're gonna buy a $130 transmission & skimp on the $10 servo?
Old 09-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
You're gonna buy a $130 transmission & skimp on the $10 servo?
That was my first thought too, but I think he's more worried about having to spend the $$$ to get a 3 channel RX/TX....

Last edited by Rockridge; 09-25-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockridge View Post
That was my first thought too, but I think he's more worried about having to spend the $$$ to get a 3 channel RX/TX....
Ah, in that case, find a traxxas. I'm sure there are some cheap ones out there. Or the RC4WD radio. Sell your 2ch.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #57

Yeah I know, seems strange, but to me the simpler the better. A few less bux, but also, less to break down and fool around with. I don't mind picking it up to manually switch the gears.

Maybe, once I have it in my hands I can figure out a way to take apart a toggle switch and mount it to the console and have the bottom of the switch actuate the shifter linkage...

More pondering needed, and as always, any ideas are appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #58

It's a shift on the fly Tranny. So manual engagement would be kinda silly.... Good luck.......

Thanks RC4WD, the work is top notch and the ease of installation, even in a scx10 was awesome....

Tapatalk.....something, something, something..
Old 09-28-2012, 02:24 AM   #59
Pebble Pounder

Now I understand why people pay 50 bucks for shipping.. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive..
Old 09-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #60
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

Have mine installed in my IFS converted Wraith....ill post up here on performance soon.

AX2 2 Speed Transmission for Axial Wraith & SCX10/Honcho - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial Wraith & Honcho | Trailing in the Forest burtonkidd Videos! 1 01-15-2012 03:47 PM
2 speed transmission for honcho Dfrog Newbie General 18 03-28-2011 07:52 AM