RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   RCC Speed Shootout (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rcc-speed-shootout/)
-   -   ~~~RCC Speed Shootout!~~~ (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rcc-speed-shootout/203853-%7E%7E%7Ercc-speed-shootout-%7E%7E%7E.html)

mental 10-14-2009 12:00 PM

any chance of adding a motorcycle class might give me the motivation to finish my kyosho bike haha

vonclod 10-14-2009 06:30 PM

all the speeds are purely theoretical based only on wheelspeed..lot of factors at play..biggest thing will be keeping tires on rims and cars on the ground,..i think most will be lucky to make 80 mph..sure gonna be a blast trying..and cold up here so traction will definatly be an issue:twisted:..bought myself a supporting membership last night"thumbsup"

Code454 10-14-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonclod (Post 2046420)
all the speeds are purely theoretical based only on wheelspeed..lot of factors at play..biggest thing will be keeping tires on rims and cars on the ground,..i think most will be lucky to make 80 mph..sure gonna be a blast trying..and cold up here so traction will definatly be an issue:twisted:..bought myself a supporting membership last night"thumbsup"

yeah that will be a problem, gonna have to use someones shop or something, i jsut hope i can start mine

vonclod 10-14-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Code454 (Post 2046457)
yeah that will be a problem, gonna have to use someones shop or something, i jsut hope i can start mine

ahh, going nitro?:twisted: ya have to figure a good stretch to run on...maybee ioco, have had a few speed runs there and not much traffic, but trying for 80-100 might be sketchy:shock:.and do a bit of tire research although not alot of options for my project

Krawler Konceptz 10-14-2009 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonclod (Post 2046499)
ahh, going nitro?:twisted: ya have to figure a good stretch to run on...maybee ioco, have had a few speed runs there and not much traffic, but trying for 80-100 might be sketchy:shock:.and do a bit of tire research although not alot of options for my project

Could always contact mission racewaypark to see if the runs can be done there.......:twisted:

Code454 10-14-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonclod (Post 2046499)

no electric, i just havent started building it yet lol

it would be awesome if we could use the track, to bad its closed for the rest of the year now:cry:

TattooKenny 10-14-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS (Post 2045551)
lemme get with the guys and get back with you.

Wheelie bars have to be allowed! That is the only way to keep the cars on the ground from taking off like a plane!

Sharkey 10-14-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Code454 (Post 2046582)
it would be awesome if we could use the track, to bad its closed for the rest of the year now:cry:

there are often still people doing work in the tower throughout the fall. you could try calling them during the week, or even drop by and talk to someone there, they might let you use the track for it.

NeXt559 10-15-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonclod (Post 2046420)

X2 im running 8000kv w/ a 4s
punching through roll out calculators and a bunch of other programs im coming up w/ a top speed of 184mph:shock:
at about 80mph a a strong enough gust of wind, little crack in the track or a small pebble just sends my dragster tumbling

Quote:

Originally Posted by TattooKenny (Post 2046604)
Wheelie bars have to be allowed! That is the only way to keep the cars on the ground from taking off like a plane!

X2

even w/ a 24" wheelbase i have trouble keeping the front wheels on the ground at launch

RedBetta 10-15-2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeXt559 (Post 2047292)
X2 im running 8000kv w/ a 4s
punching through roll out calculators and a bunch of other programs im coming up w/ a top speed of 184mph:shock:
at about 80mph a a strong enough gust of wind, little crack in the track or a small pebble just sends my dragster tumbling

X2

even w/ a 24" wheelbase i have trouble keeping the front wheels on the ground at launch

You seem to have something amiss with your chassis set up. Contrary to instinct, you need most of the weight as forward as possible. I don't use a wheelie bar in my top fuel dragster and it's been to 94mph in about 1.45s. You need a wheelie bar for SWB cars since they don't have the advantage of wheel base. Also, you may not have enough down force from your wings. Add more angle to them and make sure the rear wing is as close to the rear axle as possible.

NeXt559 10-15-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBetta (Post 2047312)
You seem to have something amiss with your chassis set up. Contrary to instinct, you need most of the weight as forward as possible. I don't use a wheelie bar in my top fuel dragster and it's been to 94mph in about 1.45s. You need a wheelie bar for SWB cars since they don't have the advantage of wheel base. Also, you may not have enough down force from your wings. Add more angle to them and make sure the rear wing is as close to the rear axle as possible.

i think my main problem is that i have to much downforce on my rear wing and no front wing. also im running a very low weight set up. long story short, im using a 1/18 motor in a 1/10 kit w/ 1350mah lipos. im also using super sticky (their is no way the treatment im using is legal in competition) 2.5 inch foams, the added traction and an extremly heavy throttle finger really isnt helping either.

i have some ideas for keeping the wheels on the ground and this shootout has resparked intrest in my kit. (havent touched it since jan)

racerx 10-16-2009 10:36 PM

Kris has to enter the Revo in this!! He could sweep the carnage award in one pass!! That thing KILLS TIRES!!! Might have to dig out the parts box and see what I can come up with.:twisted:

STANG KILLA SS 10-17-2009 09:35 AM

a quick heads up. anyone have any problems with the motor interferance shutting off GPS?
i had my garmin mounted to the motor pod, and every time i would try to make a pass or even give it gas in my hand, the GPS unit would shut off when i gave it throttle. could it be the magnets? or RF noise? or just coincidence? (im running old school brushed)

jason 10-17-2009 10:30 AM

That is weird, haven't heard of that.

I plan on mounting my gps way forward so it should be a good 6-8" from the motor.

STANG KILLA SS 10-17-2009 10:41 AM

i moved mine 6" forward this morning and it worked just fine, i dont know if its a fluk, or if i stumbled across something. just wanted to save others my frustration.

whats your GPS wiegh jason? my old garmin wieghs 5.2oz

jason 10-17-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS (Post 2050997)
whats your GPS wiegh jason? my old garmin wieghs 5.2oz

I am using the exact same one as you.

Sharkey 10-17-2009 02:04 PM

im having trouble coming up with a gps to use. right now im trying to load the speedometer app into my blackberry, but im not sure i want to strap my phone into something that will do 100mph in 3 seconds lol. mabey ill try to convince my friend we need to put his iphone in with the dynolicious app running.

anyone have any experience with something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/The-New-ScoutWat...ht_1280wt_1158 ???

vonclod 10-19-2009 08:42 PM

for us canuks i have a stalker radar gun lined up so no worries about gernading your gps..and buddy might even let us use his optical time trap system..bit of a speed freak himself"thumbsup"..so hopefully mission works out if not we should pick a date and place"thumbsup"

Sharkey 10-20-2009 10:15 PM

ausome. i feel a bit better knowing i dont need to strap a $500 phone into my car lol

Culetto 10-24-2009 08:11 AM

Ok so for the crawler class it says it must be a crawler body. Does that mean a scaler or a puller body would be ok as long as its truck-ish or what exactly did you have in mind?