RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   RCC Speed Shootout (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rcc-speed-shootout/)
-   -   ~~~RCC Speed Shootout!~~~ (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rcc-speed-shootout/203853-%7E%7E%7Ercc-speed-shootout-%7E%7E%7E.html)

Krawler Konceptz 11-23-2009 04:44 PM

i honestly dont think people should be rewarded just because they live were it doesnt rain. .[/QUOTE] You live in the same area as Rockrawler. :|

STANG KILLA SS 11-23-2009 05:27 PM

ok then instead of having a second annual one in the summer. how about we just move the deadline until the summer?
that way we dont get any "i just found out about this last week"
also elimates any weather "excuses"
and also give plenty of time to everyone find/borrow/mount a GPS etc.

seems like it makes it fair for everyone.
i dont think this is anyones fault. just an acumulation of things, that it just didnt go off as hitched. so instead of just shuting it down. lets keep it open and going, this way no one is unjustly rewarded or denied anything do to any circumstances. keep the oportunitys a level playing feild for all.
let the games begin! (*ahem*... continue!)
new extended summertime deadline to be announced!!!

TattooKenny 11-23-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS (Post 2122041)
ok then instead of having a second annual one in the summer. how about we just move the deadline until the summer?
that way we dont get any "i just found out about this last week"
also elimates any weather "excuses"
and also give plenty of time to everyone find/borrow/mount a GPS etc.

seems like it makes it fair for everyone.
i dont think this is anyones fault. just an acumulation of things, that it just didnt go off as hitched. so instead of just shuting it down. lets keep it open and going, this way no one is unjustly rewarded or denied anything do to any circumstances. keep the oportunitys a level playing feild for all.
let the games begin! (*ahem*... continue!)
new extended summertime deadline to be announced!!!

Thank you"thumbsup" That works! That is fair for all involved"thumbsup"

62PYRO 11-23-2009 05:56 PM

So be it."thumbsup"
That will give me time to kick Stang Killa's butt.:mrgreen:

STANG KILLA SS 11-23-2009 07:07 PM

<---not trembling in his boots.
heart rate didnt even increase .0001%

:lol:

all i hear is TALK :lmao:

62PYRO 11-23-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS (Post 2122257)
<---not trembling in his boots.
heart rate didnt even increase .0001%

:lol:

all i hear is TALK :lmao:

I figured someone needed to start the smack talk to make this more interesting.:twisted:

rockrawler 11-23-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62PYRO (Post 2122368)
I figured someone needed to start the smack talk to make this more interesting.:twisted:

Well if smack it is then with the deadline extended to the summer that gives me time to make my rig "FLY" and the rest dive :twisted:
It's on like donkey kong "thumbsup":twisted:

Sharkey 11-23-2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrawlerKonceptz (Post 2121956)
You live in the same area as Rockrawler. :|

that i do, however were his can get moving in the rain having a speed controller and some rubber tires with some tread, i have a car with microswitches and foam tires. i tried to get some runs in saturday when the rain stopped breifly, touch the throttle and the car swaps ends. even tried push starting it, as soon as i hit the throttle around it goes. partly my fault because of the way its built, but 95% of rc cars were never designed to run in the rain anyways.

however, putting all that aside, thanx for continuing the contest, im excited again for this. the car might just get a few more mods after christmas to make it a little more drivable, as long as there is some money left my new 1/5 scale doesnt eat.

TattooKenny 11-23-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkey (Post 2122513)
that i do, however were his can get moving in the rain having a speed controller and some rubber tires with some tread, i have a car with microswitches and foam tires. i tried to get some runs in saturday when the rain stopped breifly, touch the throttle and the car swaps ends. even tried push starting it, as soon as i hit the throttle around it goes. partly my fault because of the way its built, but 95% of rc cars were never designed to run in the rain anyways.

however, putting all that aside, thanx for continuing the contest, im excited again for this. the car might just get a few more mods after christmas to make it a little more drivable, as long as there is some money left my new 1/5 scale doesnt eat.

Foams will do that! I tried even knowing it wouldn't work. Complete 180 if given 1/30 throttle! And that was on semi wet pavement! And trying to control a RC that's 50MPH+ on the slighest wet road is going to end badly! I'll wait for dry pavement, I unlike other don't want the carnage award!

jeepcj578 11-23-2009 09:34 PM

thanx for keeping this till summer"thumbsup"
just got a f/c last tues and tride to get it runing for sun but no go:cry: elct prob.
just made its first pass tonight about 5 min in the dark-just a blurrrrr going bye.

will get a build tread going this week"thumbsup"

need to go faster then kenny:twisted:

TattooKenny 11-23-2009 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepcj578 (Post 2122633)
need to go faster then kenny:twisted:

Good luck with that!:-P I'll sell 5 RC's to build 1! I'm that guy who will keep one up'ing ya!:mrgreen:

vonclod 11-23-2009 11:57 PM

ya i am running foams as well..noooo good in the rain..lol..an extention is awsome news..if there is 1 or 2 others interested in doing a bike class, i,m in for that too..have a nova 1/5 just waiting for a power plant and paint..maybee also run my mini inferno that already been clocked at 51 mph..with stock tires..and definatly the ofna dm1..i know i can get it to 80 no prob..after that:shock:
also have no prob with those that got a run in getting some shwag

thecrusader 12-07-2009 04:34 PM

can i enter? im thinking of running a 1/10 buggy
on 4s, geared to the moon. or do i have to be in
the same country? i wouldnt want a prize, more the
bragging rights than anything else. 8)

STANG KILLA SS 12-07-2009 04:54 PM

do it!

Duuuuuuuude 12-07-2009 06:01 PM

http://pwnwear.com/wp-content/upload...ture-Do-It.jpg

hellbounder 12-09-2009 08:11 PM

my little modded nitro motor pushed a 6 pound on road car to 89mph in 300 ft on foams. now it's in my 40 oz drag car, i guess i'll run it out to 300 ft after the chain drives complete . and show you boy's how it's done on foam.:-P"thumbsup"

hellbounder 12-09-2009 08:16 PM

http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/k...dfinals046.jpg everyones elses only view.lol http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/k...dfinals048.jpg

Duuuuuuuude 12-09-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellbounder (Post 2154443)
my little modded nitro motor pushed a 6 pound on road car to 89mph in 300 ft on foams. now it's in my 40 oz drag car, i guess i'll run it out to 300 ft after the chain drives complete . and show you boy's how it's done on foam.:-P"thumbsup"

It would be even better if you could show us how its done via electricity, like is stated in the rules. "thumbsup"

Colby 12-09-2009 10:00 PM

I got to thinking about entering with my new 10 scale buggy for shits and giggles, but im not doing much to it except putting electronics in it and messing with diffs/gearing.

hellbounder 12-10-2009 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude (Post 2154470)
It would be even better if you could show us how its done via electricity, like is stated in the rules. "thumbsup"

ahh first i'll show you with nitro....."thumbsup" then an electric car that makes about 5 hp. even easier.all it takes i the right weight. it's easyier to go fast, heavy than light.and the right traction compound helps out a lot.also amazing what cheap grape soda sprayed on the ground when sunny,does for traction ,on foams, some crc belt dressing sprayed on the foams.[let tack up] couple rows of medium kofords around tires . an BAM !. like i said before check out the rc drag sites. your doing the same thing we are .a drag car is the world record holder for speed runs. over a 1000 feet ,on foam, dust storm. hmmmmm