Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's > RCC Speed Shootout

Notices

Thread: The 5th element "Promod"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 11:13 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Talking The 5th element "Promod"

Here is my entry to the RCC SPEED SHOOTOUT It's a Traxxas Rustler with the VXL brushless system. I started out box stock to get a baseline and quickly got the wheelie bar for it! So now it's a fast machine So i had to regear it for more speed went from the 25/83 to a 33/76 I'll be doin some tests tomrrow and ordering more parts I have a new lid comin' for it and doin a tire upgrade. More to come
Attached Images

rockrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2009, 11:19 PM   #2
Hateraide

Looks good, definalty need some meats on there hope to see some video, are you gonna put plates on this one to do with speed
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:23 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Yes it will be sportin' some kustom plates when the new lid shows up. I'm goin to contact mission racewaypark to see if the speed run can be done there.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:38 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

if they agree let me know, mabey we can pick a date and head out there and do some side by side speed runs.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:08 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

cool, this i gonna be fun i,m down with the mission thing if it works out
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:48 AM   #6
~THE SCALE SHOP~

nice!
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:09 PM   #7
RCC Addict

My wife has one of these and this thing is pretty fast out of the box! I have seen some of these going super fast!! Good luck!!

-Jason
KrawlOff-Road.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:12 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Yes he was out playing with it after the Hobby Show..n boy is it fast...he needed to put an attenna on it when he got home cuz it ran away on him!
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:38 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

i think i got us the use of a stalker radar gun for this..or if he wants to bring out the optical time trap he just might..lets hope the mission thing works out
Old 10-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

if not i have another thought, but i dont know if its enough room. right up the hill from my house is a lacross box. its flat asphalt kept fairly clean. also if something was to go wrong its contained lol. only thing is typically lacross boxes are only 180' long, i dont think thats gonna be enough room.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:59 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
if not i have another thought, but i dont know if its enough room. right up the hill from my house is a lacross box. its flat asphalt kept fairly clean. also if something was to go wrong its contained lol. only thing is typically lacross boxes are only 180' long, i dont think thats gonna be enough room.
nope..lol it,ll take my car that long to stop..hmm 3-400 ft at least i think for my beast
Old 10-19-2009, 11:05 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Just waitin' for a call back to see if we can use a runway @ Ridge Meadows Airport.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:59 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

Well after doin some test runs i got some new shoes for the beast 1/8 buggy with 17mm hex adapters. I'm goin to use slicks for the speedrun It's not that easy to plant the power.....durin one of the runs i was goin about 50% throttle and opened it to 70% and instant speed wheelie. Good thing for the wheelie bar
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2009, 01:10 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrawler View Post
Well after doin some test runs i got some new shoes for the beast 1/8 buggy with 17mm hex adapters. I'm goin to use slicks for the speedrun It's not that easy to plant the power.....durin one of the runs i was goin about 50% throttle and opened it to 70% and instant speed wheelie. Good thing for the wheelie bar

I wish I didnt have my erevo already built lol. this competition is gonna be fun. Careful with speed runs side by side. I was running my revo against a similar brushless emaxx. at about 65 he ran into one of my rear tires.....it was ugly but he paid for my broken stuff. Speed is great....its that sudden stop right?
RickyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:13 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

to help keep the wheels on the ground get the truck as low as you can. consider some shorter springs that are stiffer and heavier wt shock oil. you dont need the ground clearance or plush suspention to land jumps when trying to set speed records. you also may want to try adding some lead tape weights to the front skidplate, looks like you have room for it.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:10 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

Here's a peek at the new shell i'm goin to be using. I hope it will keep the rig stayble.......
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2009, 05:00 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

Well it's somewhat ready for the test runs......... I've lowered the CG and added a front wing and some lead to help keep the tires on the ground I'll be tryin' to take some video. Hope the rig doesn't come back in a plastic bag.......
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2009, 05:02 PM   #18
~THE SCALE SHOP~

thats a LOT of angle on that front wing.... more drag than anything. id do about half that angle would still be more than PLENTY

think about F1 or Top Fuel front wings, you cant actually SEE the angle on the front wings.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

I have the wing adjustable for angle. I have to start somewhere...... It's also just for testing till the new shell gets here.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

Talking first video!

Here's what i have from testing in the rain today. Enjoy