Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Information

Notices

Thread: Rules, Issues and Public Concerns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #101
Old guy

Default Re: Rules, Issues and Public Concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
Ohh look at that, another Facebook post of someone from Arkasas selling thier Comp stuff!
HEY, he's from Texas, us Arkies wouldn't have anything like that.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #102
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
HEY, he's from Texas, us Arkies wouldn't have anything like that.

was he talking about my post???

thats not facebook, its from my album

this texan loved driving that truck

Last edited by rock hard; 11-29-2012 at 02:41 PM.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #103
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
was he talking about my post???

thats not facebook, its from my album
Who knows.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawlfreak View Post
here is where we dissagree.

you can define a body all you want but bc's truck meets every rule for bodiless. so defining a body would still not make his truck illegal.
Currently and only technically yes, but not with rule changes that define a body clearly. This is what happens when these loopholes are found, rules/definitions are changed either for or against the loophole.

Quote:
also like rock hard says there is perception to the rules, and with that comes the percieved notion that something is illegal when in fact it does meet the written rules.
Perception also makes it illegal because words written are also used in perceived means, so just because it doesn't become illegal to you, does not guarantee is it not perceived illegal to another reading the same rules. That is why the rules committee is working on some sort of change.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #105
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
It's extremely hard as someone participating in USRCCA championship series to follow rules questions, series issues and public concerns when they are scattered throughout 3 different novel like threads upon which things get edited, deleted and locked. Lack of information for just us competitors is nearly non existent.

In the last couple days I watched other participants stress the same concerns and questions I myself had. Just when I felt we were making some progress the thread was shut down. I feel that those of us who simply participate don't have a chance to discuss our opinions. I stress discuss because we are adults and can have constructive conversations. What the rules committee members decide to do with it is up to them. However, just because we are not a committee member doesn't mean we don't want our voices heard publicly, or want to bounce ideas off one another.

The answer to that last sentence has subsequently now been to contact any committee voting member. What happens after that none of us will ever know, because were not allowed to be informed of the latest issues. Although these members were listed in this same post with that answer, I cannot for the life of me find a sticky or official thread listing these people. Out of curiosity I also cannot find out how one is elected, why they are elected and what determines whether one can or cannot be in this committee. I also can't really figure out how they decide on topics or rules. Is it by vote, one person has final say or?

I'm also curious why we can't at least hear issues you guys are discussing, were out of the loop and it would be nice to at least know whats going on.

If your afraid to answer my questions in fear of also getting kicked off the committee I understand, I don't feel that was right either. There are allot of issues to be hashed out, and those current 18 voting members have alot of collaborating to do in hopes of fixing the current issues such as rule interpretation, body limitations, event organization, event publicity and competitor attendance.

I thought this was the original concern regarding this thread....it seems to have turned back into another bodiless legality debate. This is why it's so hard to keep track of what's going...we have the same discussions going on in multiple threads.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #106
I wanna be Dave

I chuckle to myself when I think back to when I was on the RC and saying TV tubers were a bad idea in the first place, and that the RC would eventually need to write a bible because of them.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #107
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Currently and only technically yes, but not with rule changes that define a body clearly. This is what happens when these loopholes are found, rules/definitions are changed either for or against the loophole.

Perception also makes it illegal because words written are also used in perceived means, so just because it doesn't become illegal to you, does not guarantee is it not perceived illegal to another reading the same rules. That is why the rules committee is working on some sort of change.
x2

the only thing IMO is that there may seem to be a disconnect between the communitee of drivers and the commitee.

The commitee will hash this out, and its good to see guys like turbo, nova and ricky reading this, hopefully absorbing the rational thinking/logic behing the oppossing views of both sides.

I know the commitee will make a decission, and will address it, the rcc machine works, just not as fast as some will hope, and not with the end results that some want...so is life

I want telescoping chassis to be legal, and more than just 4 wheels be used for propulsion.

Last edited by rock hard; 11-29-2012 at 03:09 PM.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #108
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
I chuckle to myself when I think back to when I was on the RC and saying TV tubers were a bad idea in the first place, and that the RC would eventually need to write a bible because of them.
I remember back then and it was said when it happen you would laugh and throw it RC face.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #109
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ohh look at that, another Facebook post of someone from Arkansas selling their Comp stuff!
..which has nothing to do with this. Very few edit NO members of our club have sold our gotten out due to BS such as this thank you smelly much.

Last edited by helhedded; 11-29-2012 at 03:29 PM.
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #110
RCC Addict

Quote:
Currently and only technically yes

So it meets the rules, and because you do not like it we should have 10 new rules to define the old rules.

Or you could just eliminate the debate all together with one minimum size requirement and if it meets the size it runs. Who care what it looks like.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #111
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
see, you and krawl are seperated by 180* each looking at the same issue but each oof your personal perception or understanding of the rules puts you at odds with each other idealogically on the topic.
my personal perception is "its not for me"

but my extremely good knowledge of the rules says it is legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGRESSor View Post
there stays one word in the bodiless rule
FRAME

which part of BC´s truck is the frame ?
the cap ?
there is a rigid frame mounted to his cab

Quote:

so someone outsmarted everyone else and you want to shut him down?
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #112
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
arent you special.

now they almost all drive one
Old 11-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
It's extremely hard as someone participating in USRCCA championship series to follow rules questions, series issues and public concerns when they are scattered throughout 3 different novel like threads upon which things get edited, deleted and locked. Lack of information for just us competitors is nearly non existent.

Working on getting a simple website that will list all the information in 1 place.

Just facts, information and who to contact.

No forums to be clogged up the chit chat.....thats what RCC is for

BTW anyone want to help with its design?
Send me a PM if you do.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #114
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ohh look at that, another Facebook post of someone from Arkasas selling thier Comp stuff!
if your refering to kent selling his comp stuff..
its due to him going to school...

my my....
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #115
www.team3sixrc.com

Boy, that wasnt hard to throw this thread off track. Exactly what I wanted to proove. No wonder things dont get resolved. the original topic goes right out the door.

And Josh. I was making it up. Pure chance that I guessed that. it was just to get Rickies goat.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Boy, that wasnt hard to throw this thread off track. Exactly what I wanted to proove. No wonder things dont get resolved. the original topic goes right out the door.

And Josh. I was making it up. Pure chance that I guessed that. it was just to get Rickies goat.
Gold star for you norm.

Back on topic please.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #117
RCC Addict

Quote:

You mean like this:

Quote:

And by the way I thought you were leaving.

Quote:
Ok, im stepping away. !
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #118
Old guy

Quote:
Boy, that wasnt hard to throw this thread off track. Exactly what I wanted to proove. No wonder things dont get resolved. the original topic goes right out the door.with your help

Are you drunk ,, and you leave my goat alone, nasty boy.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #119
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Didn't prove anything to me....I already know how hard it was accomplish anything in a public forum. What I am wondering is how that is a USRCCA or comp crawling specific issue .

In my experience its internet thing.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

ahhhhhwwww....

he a smarda dan he rooks...

ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote

Rules, Issues and Public Concerns - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got the R1 itch - Concerns ... bbking9 G-Made Crawlers 30 04-17-2012 10:40 PM
Keep public lands open to the Public! Del Montess Chit Chat 6 03-02-2011 10:22 PM
Concerns about CC MM - need a little help please. O.C.D. Electronics 16 03-23-2008 01:29 AM
Mamba 25 concerns mrwonderful Electronics 4 10-31-2006 09:52 AM