Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Information

Notices

Thread: Rules, Issues and Public Concerns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
RcBros Hobbies

Default Rules, Issues and Public Concerns

It's extremely hard as someone participating in USRCCA championship series to follow rules questions, series issues and public concerns when they are scattered throughout 3 different novel like threads upon which things get edited, deleted and locked. Lack of information for just us competitors is nearly non existent.

In the last couple days I watched other participants stress the same concerns and questions I myself had. Just when I felt we were making some progress the thread was shut down. I feel that those of us who simply participate don't have a chance to discuss our opinions. I stress discuss because we are adults and can have constructive conversations. What the rules committee members decide to do with it is up to them. However, just because we are not a committee member doesn't mean we don't want our voices heard publicly, or want to bounce ideas off one another.

The answer to that last sentence has subsequently now been to contact any committee voting member. What happens after that none of us will ever know, because were not allowed to be informed of the latest issues. Although these members were listed in this same post with that answer, I cannot for the life of me find a sticky or official thread listing these people. Out of curiosity I also cannot find out how one is elected, why they are elected and what determines whether one can or cannot be in this committee. I also can't really figure out how they decide on topics or rules. Is it by vote, one person has final say or?

I'm also curious why we can't at least hear issues you guys are discussing, were out of the loop and it would be nice to at least know whats going on.

If your afraid to answer my questions in fear of also getting kicked off the committee I understand, I don't feel that was right either. There are allot of issues to be hashed out, and those current 18 voting members have alot of collaborating to do in hopes of fixing the current issues such as rule interpretation, body limitations, event organization, event publicity and competitor attendance.

Last edited by RcBro; 11-26-2012 at 07:52 PM.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Rules, Issues and Public Concerns

At the bottom of the main forum page (right above where it lists everybody who is online), you'll see "view forum leaders". When you click that, you see this:
RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board - Show Groups

Scroll down and you can see the RC members.

As far as I know, they are appointed, not elected.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
RcBros Hobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
At the bottom of the main forum page (right above where it lists everybody who is online), you'll see "view forum leaders". When you click that, you see this:
RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board - Show Groups

Scroll down and you can see the RC members.

As far as I know, they are appointed, not elected.
Those are forum leaders. It is my understanding it is only the 18 fish listed here that have voting rights.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rules...ml#post4032458

This kinda helps re illiterate my point on things being very hard to understand clearly. I simply wanna better understand how the USRRCA works to better educate myself.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, scroll down to the third section...
Old 11-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
RcBros Hobbies

Sorry, I meant to say those are rules committee members, of which there is 28. However only 18 were listed in the previous post linked to.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I dunno...maybe he plans to do some pruning. There are a lot of names on that list that have no interest in comp crawling any more and aren't the best people to determine the rules...
Old 11-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #7
RcBros Hobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
There are a lot of names on that list that have no interest in comp crawling any more and aren't the best people to determine the rules...
This I agree with
Old 11-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Since Arizona no longer has a rules member, I nominate myself.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #9
RcBros Hobbies

From what I understand its also not geographic specific yet so many people talk as if it is.....?
Old 11-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
From what I understand its also not geographic specific yet so many people talk as if it is.....?
It used to be. Every club region had a rules committee member. It is not that way anymore because there were just too many members and too many inactive ones. Not sure how Fish is doing it now. He was planning on weeding people out that were not active and did not vote when issues were being dealt with but that is not always the case.
CRSMacgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:09 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

History of Rules Committee.

In the old days there where 6 Clubs on RCC. Each club had its own set of rules, and going to different events was very confusing to say the least. Several attempts were made in public forums to unify the rules none were successful.

Jason and Badger desperately wanted to have a National event, but everyone was running different rules. On a whim Jason called me and asked why thought my club and others were not running the rules he put together. I couldn't answer him. Eventually I said why don't you ask all the other clubs why they don't use them and come up with a compromise solution. At that time Jason was still in competitive 1:1 was getting ready for a new season. I said ok I will do it....and tada....Rules Committee was born.

I contact the club leaders I knew and we bang out the first unified set of rules that was about 1 page

Grizzly4x4, Pinchflat, Badger, Jason, Kevin and myself were part of the original group, and out of respect thats why you see some of those names in there still today as non-voting consultants. They are generally involve in the day to day, but the occasionally drop a nugget of wisdom on our heads.

As crawling grew more clubs came into existence and we added more committee reps. At some point (~40) it became impossible to get anything done (Think our current US government)
Some of the early clubs quickly dropped away, and with the reduced number things ran much smoother.

During that same period the US Nationals and Rules Committee were not combined, and they were nervous about adding more Drivers to the event. So there was a new club freeze put in place. Jason and Badger tasked the Rule Committee with developing the current Qualifier System.

It was during this time we decided rules committee at around 20-25 members and members replaced as they dropped out of the sport or clubs elected new reps.

Sometime around 2010 I was given compete control over Rules Committee. With 2-3 years experience it became obvious aside from regional representation we needed add National level experience, members that willing to judge/marshal National level events. They also need to be able to effectively communicate ideas and write proposals to make the committee run efficiently.
A lot of the club pick guys just voted...they never gave ideas or contributed to the discussion.

Just before 2011 Nationals Jason asked me if I wanted to handle Nationals. I jumped at they chance.....admittedly Rules Committee suffered from the stand point of me not being proactive.

In future Rules Committee have to be more than club leaders that just vote, They need to be National level leaders capable working at National level events and working with other USRCCA members.

At this point all I can say is we will try to move forward with some much needed changes.

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 11-27-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:24 AM   #12
www.team3sixrc.com

Fish, in all due respect towards your efforts.
It is not about paying respect to the guys who used to compete in hopes of dropping some knowledge.

The fundementals to running one set of rules were set long ago with that knowledge. but if people appointed to the rules do not have the time, are not voting, or simply are not involved in competition crawling anymore. Then they should of been removed from the discussions board and replaced with a valid rep.

This is partially why I believe every year the sanctioned clubs should elect thier official champion.
And a big reason why I have chose to distance myself from Comp Crawling. Like William said. The Rules discussions are scattered and our opinions are quickly defused by shutting down a thread or deleting it.
Perhaps the elected representatives should be done more or less by region rather than individual clubs to reduce committee members and the rules process.

As I have stated to our own rules committee.
You are a representative of your community, if you don't care what the concerns of in your community, step aside.

Just like running a business.
Employees are not working, fire them and hire new employees.

Last edited by team3six; 11-27-2012 at 04:31 AM.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #13
dnf

I think each region is correct, and should be choosen by the leaders within that region.

I dont think reps should be choosen each and every yr though......once chossen, so long as no issue, just keep em in.

Only if they are not voting, ect....then the region should be notified by the commitee ( otherwise they may never know thier rep isnt voting, ect. )
so the region can discuss and appoint a replacment, or do nothing, that regions choice.

I also think its wise to keep some old blood ( who is ACTIVE in competition )
on there also.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #14
www.team3sixrc.com

Yes, just to be clear.
I didnt say boot out old blood. I said there is no reason to keep a member a member if they do not compete.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #15
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

I'm the new guy in the Rules Committee & I joined because I want a voice...no matter how small...for my region. I see the points being made & the concerns about the direction of comp crawling & hope that we can get these issues hammered out. I DO believe we need some type of sanctioning body for the exact reasons that Fish listed & also agree with William as far as certain things being public. It affects ALL comp crawlers so I personally would like to hear what all of those guys have to say.

I think things will settle back down & we can get the 2013 season rolling with POSITIVE change.

J.D.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #16
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
Since Arizona no longer has a rules member, I nominate myself.
Did Jeremy quit too?
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the history lesson Fish. I've always wondered about the back story. Looking forward to the conclusion.
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Did Jeremy quit too?
No.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:15 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Heres my outside looking in........ Jeremy was having a civial discussion out in public where IT should be we outta have a say in it. And he was ousted for it not good, that guy has been a proven champion has great products his knowledge shouldnt be turned away. I think how he was handling it was ok but who am i, just a guy with a toy truck
chad30w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad30w View Post
Heres my outside looking in........ Jeremy was having a civial discussion out in public where IT should be we outta have a say in it. And he was ousted for it not good, that guy has been a proven champion has great products his knowledge shouldnt be turned away. I think how he was handling it was ok but who am i, just a guy with a toy truck
At the end of the day all we are doing is playing with toy trucks. Let's have fun playing with our over priced toys.
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote

Rules, Issues and Public Concerns - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got the R1 itch - Concerns ... bbking9 G-Made Crawlers 30 04-17-2012 10:40 PM
Keep public lands open to the Public! Del Montess Chit Chat 6 03-02-2011 10:22 PM
Concerns about CC MM - need a little help please. O.C.D. Electronics 16 03-23-2008 01:29 AM
Mamba 25 concerns mrwonderful Electronics 4 10-31-2006 09:52 AM