Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Information

Notices

Thread: 2015 RCCA / Usrcca series general info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2014, 10:42 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2015 Usrcca series

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
That is exactly why I am mandating Usrcca events to be ran through RC ORVA. We will strive for an easy to read calendar, map, and list of events.
Sounds good
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2014, 03:50 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
We will be contacting existing clubs this week to assign the coordinator account.
Do you have an up to date list of the existing clubs and their contacts? The Clubs List in the USRCCA section here appears to have been replaced by a backup copy that is nearly 2 years old. Many of the contacts listed have changed and a few clubs have been added that aren't there. I'm guessing at the 2 years because I've been the contact for WPaC for about that long.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:06 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
John,
For our club our scale side and comp side are two different departments if you will. Meaning two different coordinators. I'm not sure if this rule is set in stone, but only being allowed one will be a logistical nightmare in our case.

I'm sure this can be easily addressed. We are now in the processing of also reworking our forum to cater to our members.
Las Vegas is the same way...
I run the scale comps, and Art runs the SincityRCRC comps. Just makes it an even load between us.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:47 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
Do you have an up to date list of the existing clubs and their contacts? The Clubs List in the USRCCA section here appears to have been replaced by a backup copy that is nearly 2 years old. Many of the contacts listed have changed and a few clubs have been added that aren't there. I'm guessing at the 2 years because I've been the contact for WPaC for about that long.

What you see is what you get. Some updates were lost in a recent back up glitch of some sort.

Someone needs to contact each and every club, and delete or add relevant info. Perhaps someone will step up to help organize the information for the new organization
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:10 AM   #25
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I will step up. Post your new club contact info here please

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/usrcc...ml#post4900601

I found the old club thread and reinstated it. Double check that the information is correct and post up that it is indeed correct so we know. Thanks!!
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:16 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
Las Vegas is the same way...
I run the scale comps, and Art runs the SincityRCRC comps. Just makes it an even load between us.

We will figure out how to handle this as easily as possible. We can have two people creating events for the same group, because right now we don't have a club "hook" on profiles yet. I guess we could foot the bill for two club members to have coordinator positions, but no more!

For folks that do have multiple coordinators for comp and scale, please post both people as contacts in the new club info thread linked in the last post.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:00 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Will you contact me if I am the Club Coordinator, or do I need to register on your site as an event coordinator?

Also, I currently have the ability to create a get together on your site. Is that where I would post club competitions that would formerly be points rewarding comps?

If I am understanding correctly, only member drivers need to register for the event on your site? If my club's comp is open to everyone and 20 drivers show up, but only 3 drivers are RCORVA members, then it would appear to RCORVA I only had 3 people at the comp?

I'm sure we will have more than that, but there is a good chance that that there will be more people at our comps that are not members than are in the beginning.

Thanks for fielding all the questions. We have a comp in October, and I am trying to figure out if and how I need to get that on RCORVA.

Last edited by Harvo; 09-25-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 08:44 AM   #28
Rock Crawler

^^x2
Bc Paints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 08:48 AM   #29
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Default Club events in RCORVA

Hey John,

I've added our first BLC club event to RCORVA.

Do all contestants for club events need to register with RCORVA in order for the club to use the site for real time calculating of club event scores? (Walk ups will not have registered with RCORVA). Another way of putting it is will RCORVA only allow upload individual scores of registered users?

I assume if the RCORVA event scoring function is "open" then unregistered drivers can compete in local events but their points will not count towards qualifying for Nats/Worlds? This brings up another point. Many may want to know the exact location of Nats/Worlds before they register with RCORVA for the year because the event location may preclude some folks from attending (5000 mile flight) and they may not want to register with RCORVA that year.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

J

Last edited by SkaldidDog; 09-26-2014 at 09:08 AM.
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:06 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Will you contact me if I am the Club Coordinator, or do I need to register on your site as an event coordinator?

Also, I currently have the ability to create a get together on your site. Is that where I would post club competitions that would formerly be points rewarding comps?

If I am understanding correctly, only member drivers need to register for the event on your site? If my club's comp is open to everyone and 20 drivers show up, but only 3 drivers are RCORVA members, then it would appear to RCORVA I only had 3 people at the comp?

I'm sure we will have more than that, but there is a good chance that that there will be more people at our comps that are not members than are in the beginning.

Thanks for fielding all the questions. We have a comp in October, and I am trying to figure out if and how I need to get that on RCORVA.

You will at least need to register on the site and we will make you a coordinator if you are the person in charge of your clubs events. If you are a driver, then set up your account as a driver and we will make you a coordinator too.

Get togethers are nothing more than hanging out, they do not receive series points. We have made them just like a comp on the site so that people will know what sort of rigs and driving types will be around.

I would suggest that all people at the event register for your event through RC ORVA so that you can benefit from premade drivers lists and score sheets. They do not have to be members and there is no fees involved for them if you are not selling tickets through RC ORVA. If they do not register through the site you will have a lot more work for yourself and your event won't hold as much "weight" of driver attendance. Any person who decides to become a Driver at a later date can get all the seasons points they have accumulated IF they are at least registered on the site.

We will be starting the club coordinator accounts today.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:20 AM   #31
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Thanks John,

I'm trying to clarify this for myself so I'll think out loud here.

There are four types of registrants on RCORVA

Subscriber: One that logs on to RCORVA solely to sign up for a GTG or Local Comp but does not pay to register with RCORVA and cares not of the Local Comp points series. Walk-ups will eventually be able to be added to the back-end of RCORVA after the event to be included in the websites scoring function.

Driver: One that registers as such with RCORVA (pays$) and will be included in Local Comp points series.

Coordinator: One that registers as such with RCORVA (pays$$) and will not be included in Local Comp points series.

Driver/Coordinator: Combination of the two above (but only pays Coordinator fee?)

Hope this is correct.

Couple more questions
1) Do only USRCCA Sanctioned Club events count in the new points series?
2) Where is 2015 Nats/Worlds so guys can factor that into their RCORVA "level" (Subscriber vs Driver) based on the likelihood they can attend.

Cheers,

J

Last edited by SkaldidDog; 09-26-2014 at 11:31 AM.
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:48 PM   #32

Driver/ coordinators will only have to pay driver fees when part of existing USRCCA clubs. We are giving coordinator positions to clubs to help start the system without added costs to clubs or people.

Club events will count towards point series'. We will also have some single events (regional type) possible, such as "Best of the West" or "Southern Showdown" as hosted in previous years. Once we have ironed out the club situation I will begin contacting previous years regional hosts.

At this moment we are looking at good locations for Worlds, it must be a easy destination with international airport close. The SouthWest is looking good.

We are also planning to have regional finals, so that people who couldn't typically travel to worlds will have more local choices for high caliber competition. These will depend on how active clubs become in regional areas, so lets say the midwest has little activity this year then there won't be a regional finals. ORVA will easily let us see where events are grouped so selection of good spots is more central.

Much of the bigger decisions hinge on how actively people use ORVA. We need all the information and data possible, so the best choices are made regarding locations and possibility of regional finals. The better the data, the better we can plan 2016 as well.

Last edited by JohnRobHolmes; 09-26-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:52 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

I guess I am kinda in the same boat as a few others. We have our season opener next weekend. I am registered as a driver currently so will I hear about being the coordinator through rcorva or through rccrawler? We need to get the comp posted in rcorva so all my guys can register and sign up ahead of time.

Thanks,
Derrick

**edit** I am able to create an event rcorva now. I am assuming after you submit the new event it takes awhile to process and show up on the calendar?

Last edited by M_ENERGY; 09-26-2014 at 08:32 PM.
M_ENERGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:14 PM   #34

We are currently holding events for approval before posting to the calender so we can watch for issues as the site is young. We will have a no approval posting soon, probably a few days once we see that events are being created smoothly.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:20 PM   #35

I approved it, be sure you put the date in right. You can edit it from your login.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:03 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Our comp attendance has dropped considerably since the 2013-14 seasons. I am wondering if it is even worthwhile for us to use rcorva. Please don't misunderstand I love to comp. and make every effort to promote all RC events. It is just hard to justify listing all our scheduled comps if only 4-5 guys show up. Will the drivers that show up still be considered for larger events like Worlds?

Thanks, John
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:04 AM   #37
Rock Crawler

Hey John when I created two events I tried to delete one. I go to review and select the event and click delete, but it doesn't do anything. How do I go about deleting one?
M_ENERGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:55 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
Our comp attendance has dropped considerably since the 2013-14 seasons. I am wondering if it is even worthwhile for us to use rcorva. Please don't misunderstand I love to comp. and make every effort to promote all RC events. It is just hard to justify listing all our scheduled comps if only 4-5 guys show up. Will the drivers that show up still be considered for larger events like Worlds?

Thanks, John

Absolutely, still create those events. Even if you only have a few guys there it will let us know there is some activity and we will use your comps for points. More importantly, if your event is on the calender then you have a better chance of new or old people showing up because they know about it.

Feel free to double team events too, host something scale to pull out more people and have a USRCCA set of courses for the few guys that still run it. It will bring more guys together and maybe introduce some to new things.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:05 AM   #39
I wanna be Dave

What places is rcorva going to use to promote all the events? RCC is a very limited area for promotion. I know that an area of concern in the past with qualifier fees was what promotion is there? If this is to succeed and grow we need to reach a wider audience. So with RECON G6 on board are companies like axial going to help out in any way?

Last edited by Jslick; 09-27-2014 at 08:10 AM.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:09 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Will we be able to go back in afterward and enter an event?

We have a comp tomorrow and I was hoping to take advantage of the RCORVA system, but haven't been able to get signed up as an event coordinator to set it up.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote

2015 RCCA / Usrcca series general info - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC Rock Crawling clubs JohnRobHolmes WRCCA Clubs 50 05-17-2017 02:25 PM
RCCA / USRCCA Nationals and Worlds Invite system JohnRobHolmes WRCCA Information 28 05-18-2015 04:32 PM
Official USRCCA 2009 Colorado winter series info 666 Colorado 33 06-21-2009 11:38 AM
2009 Official USRCCA Colorado Winter series info 666 Competitions 62 12-24-2008 03:33 PM