Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Information

Notices

Thread: RCCA / USRCCA Nationals and Worlds Invite system

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2015, 12:41 AM   #1
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Default RCCA / USRCCA Nationals and Worlds Invite system

Once per year, the best of the best travel to amazing spots and battle it out for the title of best driver! Want to make it to the top? Here's how to get your shot for an invite!

Invitations for the World and National Finals are distributed among regions around the world and also given for select Regional Qualifier events. Events and driver points will be listed through RCORVA.com. Drivers must be a member of RCORVA.com to attend Worlds, Nationals, and take part in "Super Pro" cash earnings. A driver can collect club series points and attend Regional Qualifiers with a non-member ORVA profile, and decide to become a member after winning a Regional Qualifier or club series.

Qualifying for Worlds or Nationals
Clubs that host 4 competitions and approved Regional Qualifiers receive invites to World and National events. Top 5 drivers from club series and regional events are qualified to become yearly champions. If a driver has acquired invites from multiple regions, clubs, or Regional Qualifiers, the largest event invite is kept while invites from smaller regions and events are handed down. Clubs and approved Regional events from around the world are eligible for invites.

Non-Qualifier attendance at Worlds or Nationals
Some events may have additional tickets available to the general public for purchase. Non-qualified drivers can win the individual event, but title of overall World or National champion will not be awarded to general public tickets.

Series Schedule
Each club participating shall run the yearly series after Worlds but before June 1st each year. Clubs are required to run a minimum of 4 unique competitions for each class Each event class must have three drivers to qualify for yearly series points. All events, drivers, and results must be recorded through RCORVA.com for series points to accumulate. The regional or club Crawl-Off (if applicable) shall be held in June, the deadline for submitting region invites is July 1st. This ensures two months advance planning before Worlds or Nationals. A season may start in the calender year prior to the competition year. For example, if 2000 Worlds finishes on September 13th, the 2001 competitive season can begin September 14th 2000. Any event not recorded on RCORVA will not receive series points or invites.

Regional Final Crawl-Off
Regions that have only one sanctioned club can send drivers based on their Points Series and do not require a final Crawl-Off. Regions with MULTIPLE sanctioned clubs will have a Crawl-Off. Each club will send will its TOP 5 Drivers to a mutually agreed upon location. Each Club will build an equal number of courses, and the top 5 drivers will be eligible to compete for yearly champion status at Worlds or Nationals.

Regional Qualifiers
Regional Qualifiers are single events that award top finishers the ability to attend Worlds or Nationals. Regional Qualifiers must be approved by John Holmes, and should showcase a great location and host. It is best when the Regional Qualifier is a tradition every year so that drivers can expect the event and plan ahead, although a good host will have people come to them no matter where or when it is held!

Last edited by JohnRobHolmes; 05-01-2015 at 11:36 AM.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2015, 12:42 AM   #2

Default Re: RCCA / USRCCA Nationals and Worlds Invites

For international drivers we have reversed our position as of 5-1-15. We would like to use a season system and regional qualifier to have the best drivers be eligable for yearly champion title, but if we don't get that set up in time we will default to anybody willing to travel abroad for the event can be the yearly champ

Last edited by JohnRobHolmes; 05-01-2015 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:21 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: RCCA / USRCCA Nationals and Worlds Invite system

Wondering how your going to work this for the international clubs?
IE like us up here in Canada, we have the guys in Calgary and us in Vancouver.

Would that mean we each get are own 2 spots or will we only get 1 per club?
chevotafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:20 PM   #4

We should be able to offer two spots per international club or region. It's not likely that we are going to sell out tickets through invites only, based on the last few years. I can manage 125 drivers in each traditional class but would be pretty surprised to get half of that actually attending. Never know though.

I'll ask Fish how he handled internationals last year. I know it helps to ride with a bigger crew to cut costs. So maybe we can offer more reserved spots for international drivers. Regional qualifiers can also be hosted in other countries.

Last edited by JohnRobHolmes; 01-12-2015 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:32 PM   #5
RcBros Hobbies

Just my 2 cents, if they are willing to travel to the US they should have a spot. That is a financial dedication enough.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
Just my 2 cents, if they are willing to travel to the US they should have a spot. That is a financial dedication enough.
There will be plenty of spots for them to compete, but without those series or regional qualifier invites they won't be eligible for overall World Champion title. They can be the winner of the day though, there will be trophies for both this year.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:47 PM   #7
RcBros Hobbies

10-4, makes sense!
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:07 PM   #8

First post updated. Took out a lot of the ORVA details, in a nutshell we just need a database to handle points and invites. So hosts will at minimum have to create their event on the R/C ORVA calender and put the results back in. Only drivers that want to attend Worlds / Nats or get a "Super Pro" ticket will need to be a paying member of ORVA, and there will be $5 options.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:54 AM   #9
RCC Addict

We have signed up and are now posting are winter series to gain pts.

So we could hold a Regional qualifier?

even tho we only have 8 guys and only 4 are interested in going to worlds?
How would that work for us?

By the sounds of it we have to if you want a chance to be the world camp or does holding a series count as well?

Last edited by chevotafun; 01-13-2015 at 09:00 AM.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:30 AM   #10
RCC Addict

This is how I read it Mike.

The two top members from our club get invites, since we're the only club in BC. The two top members from Calgary (different region) get invites since they are the only club in AB. Anyone else that wants to go needs to attend a qualifier somewhere and finish well. Or, we run our own qualifier for those extra participants that want to go from our club and Calgary's.

I think that's how it goes.
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:08 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
There will be plenty of spots for them to compete, but without those series or regional qualifier invites they won't be eligible for overall World Champion title. They can be the winner of the day though, there will be trophies for both this year.
IMO If I had a invite from a qualifier and came 2nd to a person who didn't have an invite but just bought a ticket to play in no way would I say I am world champion when I placed 2nd.

Maybe its just me but 2nd is 2nd regardless of invite or not! I would be embarrassed to call myself a world champ if I placed behind someone.

Just my 2 cents...
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:14 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

I think whoever wins worlds no matter how they got there should be considered champion. Not that it will be me ;) LOL

Last edited by Jslick; 01-13-2015 at 09:23 AM.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:36 AM   #13

Solitaire has it right on the invites.

The winner of Worlds will still be the winner of Worlds, but if they weren't able to get there with an invite then they won't hold the 2015 overall champion title too. Get what I'm saying?
Old 01-13-2015, 10:23 AM   #14
RCC Addict

So you can win a class but you can't win the overall title unless you were invited is what your saying?

IMO it should not make a difference if said person was invited or not, if said person was the overall winner that person should be the champ regardless of invite or not.

I guess the overall world champ might not really be the real overall world champ by what your saying.
Not that I really think that would happen but it is possible.

Last edited by chevotafun; 01-13-2015 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:16 PM   #15

It's simply not fair for a person to work through a series or get their invite from a regional and have any person able to purchase a ticket and be the overall world champ. Whats the value in an invite system if there isn't a distinction between being the overall world champ and being the champ of the day at worlds?
Old 01-13-2015, 12:24 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

An Invite is a guarantee That you will be in the "Show". Where as the others are not guaranteed a spot in the show. As the demand of tickets may be higher than the number available in future years. My .05c as we no longer have pennies in Canada
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:49 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Ok I understand what your saying, but I will throw this at you.

Say said person runs the whole series thing but ends up third and does not get an invite and we have no qualifiers for this person to get another chance at going to worlds.
Not everyone who got invited goes and you start selling tickets, this said person buys a ticket and puts out the time and money to attend worlds and ends up winning the over all title.

Now your going to tell a guy who played by your rules yet came up short in the series, but at worlds drove the best he ever has and wins yet he won't be the overall world champ.
That doesn't seem fare either.

As you already said NOT all invites will show.
Now you want people to buy tickets to attend world to fill the voids left by those who won an invite, but can't go.
To not give these people a chance at being the overall champ is not fare either.

The overall champ is the champ period IMO doesn't matter how he got there.

Last edited by chevotafun; 01-13-2015 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:55 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler Konceptz View Post
An Invite is a guarantee That you will be in the "Show". Where as the others are not guaranteed a spot in the show. As the demand of tickets may be higher than the number available in future years. My .05c as we no longer have pennies in Canada
Yes a invite is a guarantee.
But If that was the case we wouldn't be having this conversation and yes it is possible that, that could happen down the road.

But lets deal with the now and worry about that when it happens.

So hope that, that does happen cause that means the hobby is alive and well.
which is really what we all want.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:50 PM   #19
RCC Addict

I think what Holmes is getting at is...... just as skalididdog would do all the work and number crunching to determine an overall 1,2,3 for all classes they got their own trophies. It wasnt til sunday morning 2012 did he win the 2012 national title.

He treated all the nat qualifiers as a year long series..... hence 2012 over all champs east and west
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:02 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevotafun View Post
So you can win a class but you can't win the overall title unless you were invited is what your saying?

IMO it should not make a difference if said person was invited or not, if said person was the overall winner that person should be the champ regardless of invite or not.

I guess the overall world champ might not really be the real overall world champ by what your saying.
Not that I really think that would happen but it is possible.
I'm sure we'll be fine with our club this year. We really have only two drivers that should make the cut and that's the two invites we'll get according to JRH. Now, if next year we have more than two, then we'll likely need to have a crawl-off. We could host a qualifier with us, Calgary and WARCRC if necessary.

Now, I think anyone who enters a World's Championship should be eligible to take top spot without any reservations if he/she is good enough. If the World's roster is made up of invitees and regional qualifier winners, but includes anyone else that pays and can make the trip to bolster numbers, then that part of the system is flawed. I think anyone who participates in a World's Championship needs to earn that spot and thus, an invite. That way, everyone has the same opportunity to take top spot and not be considered a second class participant.
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote

RCCA / USRCCA Nationals and Worlds Invite system - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Holmes Hobbies USRCCA Worlds 2.2 Pro Invite List Fishmaxx Past Events 58 08-03-2014 11:53 AM
RCC's USRCCA Nationals Instagram and Facebook #usrcca feed badger Past Events 1 09-07-2013 12:05 PM
2013 USRCCA Nationals 2.2 Pro Invite List Fishmaxx Past Events 58 08-30-2013 11:55 AM
2012 USRCCA Nationals 2.2 Invite List Fishmaxx Past Events 86 08-01-2012 12:23 PM