Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Rules

Notices

Thread: 2013 Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 06:33 PM   #681
Rock Crawler

Default Re: 2013 Rules

At your suggestion, I just slid my car sideways thru a 16.5" gate without touching a marker. But the markers were the Axial "walnut shells". A tennis ball would require a little more width. Point is, part of the tire passed above the marker without the tire leaving the ground. Clearly not a float by definition (it was on the ground, not floating). So our interpretation is similar. We only worry about the part of the tire (call it the tire patch) that normally contacts the ground. I make no claim this is the "correct" interpretation. I don't think there is one. But this is what we do.

Actually, I hate float calls. It's way too much opinion and guess-work. Some judges are lax, some are hard-asses. Causes a lot of bad vibes. Not why we came to spend the day.
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2014, 02:24 PM   #682
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
At your suggestion, I just slid my car sideways thru a 16.5" gate without touching a marker. But the markers were the Axial "walnut shells". A tennis ball would require a little more width.
Granted, I haven't read all of what you guys are talking about, but I thought I'd point out that the distance measurement should be made from the inside of each marker......so the size of the marker wont make a difference.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:25 PM   #683
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Granted, I haven't read all of what you guys are talking about, but I thought I'd point out that the distance measurement should be made from the inside of each marker......so the size of the marker wont make a difference.
While true, that's not really relevant to the discussion. The discussion has more to do with whether a float has taken place if only the leading edge of a tire passes over the edge of a marker. This with a car moving sideways through the gate. Or as my example, a car being rolled thru a gate during a legal rollover recovery. So it's really about what makes a float?
Old 03-11-2014, 02:53 PM   #684
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
While true, that's not really relevant to the discussion. The discussion has more to do with whether a float has taken place if only the leading edge of a tire passes over the edge of a marker. This with a car moving sideways through the gate. Or as my example, a car being rolled thru a gate during a legal rollover recovery. So it's really about what makes a float?
It's my interpretation of the rule that the truck did not pass cleanly as the tire or tires floated over the gate marker. Therefore, at least 1 and maybe 2 gate penalties called prior to progress. It's a bit of a grey area in the rules, so one judge may allow it, but don't be surprised to find others who call it.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:17 PM   #685
Old guy

Quote:
And anything past that is a gate, float or not.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:27 PM   #686
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
When the tire is on the ground lean over gate all the time and no one would ever consider calling a gate, but lift the tire off the ground in the same exact position and people start thinking float.

It boils down sometimes judges have to judge, and when driver put judges in position to make a call they have to live with the call made by the judge. Keep the truck in control through the gate and the right call will probably be made. Go through the gate in an uncontrolled manner and you have to accept the judges call.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:24 AM   #687
WAM
Rock Crawler

In a perfect world, all situations would be covered by the rules. In our world, the judge must cover the deficiencies. Which would be fine if every driver were judged the same. Locally we run round-robin judging so every driver gets a different judge. Not the best, but full time judges are hard to come by out here, so it is what it is. As a judge, my decision for float is if I could freeze time, push the tire down to the ground and hit the marker = float. If it hits dirt, no float. That's just me. If you don't like it, don't let me judge for you.

Last edited by WAM; 03-12-2014 at 10:27 AM.
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:18 PM   #688
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM View Post
In a perfect world, all situations would be covered by the rules. In our world, the judge must cover the deficiencies. Which would be fine if every driver were judged the same. Locally we run round-robin judging so every driver gets a different judge. Not the best, but full time judges are hard to come by out here, so it is what it is. As a judge, my decision for float is if I could freeze time, push the tire down to the ground and hit the marker = float. If it hits dirt, no float. That's just me. If you don't like it, don't let me judge for you.

Like your attitude

Except in my "Perfect World" drivers would go through gates in a controlled manner, and not put themselves in a position to be judged, and if they did they would accept "JUDGEMENT FOR THEIR CRAWLING SINS" without question.

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 03-12-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:13 AM   #689
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
While true, that's not really relevant to the discussion.
IMO, any correction to a misstatement of the rules is relevant to this thread.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:43 AM   #690
Rock Crawler

Quote:
IMO, any correction to a misstatement of the rules is relevant to this thread.
Can you quote the actual words that you believe to be a "misstatement of the rules"?
Old 03-13-2014, 10:32 AM   #691
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Can you quote the actual words that you believe to be a "misstatement of the rules"?
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/usrcc...ml#post4704127
Old 03-16-2014, 03:44 PM   #692
I wanna be Dave

I just read through this thread pretty quick, why not make it simple....you must get all 4 tires through a gate to NOT get a gate penalty and get progress ??....seems like a lot of confusing grey area on how you can progress a gate....ok I got one for ya ....

what if I cart roll my rig through the gate, don't touch a gate but float through it....how would that be scored ??....
bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:38 AM   #693
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post
I just read through this thread pretty quick, why not make it simple....you must get all 4 tires through a gate to NOT get a gate penalty and get progress ??....seems like a lot of confusing grey area on how you can progress a gate....ok I got one for ya ....

what if I cart roll my rig through the gate, don't touch a gate but float through it....how would that be scored ??....
If it qualifies for progress (at least 1 tire on each axle cleanly between the gate markers), but does not get all 4 through cleanly, then it is a progress with penalty. If in cartwheeling, it bounces in such a way that one tire "floats" over one side marker and the other tire floats over the other marker, then the driver is penalized for both gates.

If, however, you don't get at least one tire from each axle between (they need to be between, not over top of the marker), but nothing actually contacts the gate marker, then there is no call. No Progress. No penalty. Just make sure if the truck has passed the gate completely, they don't re-enter the gate from the wrong direction to get back to where they can attempt it again or they would get a course direction penalty and have to reposition to the last successfully progressed gate.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:50 PM   #694
RCC Addict

I going to cut up my body tonight. For 2.2 is the length 8" height 3" and width 3"?

The first post says 8"H 3"H 3"W. Did the rules change for 2014?

Thanks Matt
SDheavymetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:44 PM   #695
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDheavymetal View Post
I going to cut up my body tonight. For 2.2 is the length 8" height 3" and width 3"?

The first post says 8"H 3"H 3"W. Did the rules change for 2014?

Thanks Matt
2.2? Yes, except for 2.2S which retains the old body rules.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:42 AM   #696
Quarry Creeper

Morning newbie question. .... In the rules for c2 it says that you frame length including bumpers has to be a minimum of 3 inches longer than the wheelbase. Does this dimension include the stinger?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Spork_Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:41 AM   #697
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spork_Assassin View Post
Morning newbie question. .... In the rules for c2 it says that you frame length including bumpers has to be a minimum of 3 inches longer than the wheelbase. Does this dimension include the stinger?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Thats a Scale question Newb

This is Comp Class...we don't have that requirement.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:00 AM   #698
Pebble Pounder

in the shafty class do you have to keep steering horn in front of the axle still? ive noticed some rigs are bta and some look like they have a link in front and behind the axle? for some reason my computer wont download the rules for me...
firstpasstommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:12 AM   #699
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstpasstommy View Post
in the shafty class do you have to keep steering horn in front of the axle still? ive noticed some rigs are bta and some look like they have a link in front and behind the axle? for some reason my computer wont download the rules for me...
There is no rule specifying anything regarding steering component location.
TURBOFEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:37 AM   #700
Pebble Pounder

Thanks
firstpasstommy is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/wrcca-rules/420729-2013-rules.html
Posted By For Type Date
AZ-RC.com This thread Refback 02-26-2013 07:27 PM

2013 Rules - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
koh rules 2013 discussion thread thomass14 North Dakota 19 07-28-2016 06:24 PM
2013 Rules Update: Heads Up! Fishmaxx WRCCA Rules 3 12-27-2012 10:29 AM