Notices

Thread: 2013 Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 01:29 PM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2013 Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post

Why not fix the easy to "get around" wording with current dimensions.

I would be very interested in seeing some wording that clear this up regardless of the dimensions used.
that is fine. dont get me wrong i am not looking to change the dimensions from what they are now.

i was suggesting that initially because people were already building chassis in that size range by using the loopholes we provided.

the bumper clause was put in for a very specific chassis at the time. that chassis has changed, so to eliminate the confusion the bumper clause would need to be removed.
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #102
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
One way to look at things and it will make it easier on all of us is, If the white starts to turn gray ,then stay in the white. The gray is trouble ,it's not good for the sport.

An other helpful thing when building a rig is, read all the rules and not just the ones you like.

To me these 2 rules tell me that rig is a little deep in the gray. If the strip is call a panel and then the strip needs 2 spots at 1inch and 3.5 square inches of area.

▪ 2.1.5.5 - Body panels must be fitted to the vehicle, and not be exaggerated in size or shape that intentionally
distorts the vehicles legal measurements.

▪ 2.1.5.1.6 - Shocks and fasteners (nuts, bolts, washers, or spacers) shall not be included in the measurements of the vehicle.
Apparantly you didnt read the rest of the rules and picked the ones you liked.

And its not a body panal,its a side-rail son!
J-FAB NOR-CAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #103
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-FAB NOR-CAL View Post
Apparantly you didnt read the rest of the rules and picked the ones you liked.

And its not a body panal,its a side-rail son!
I thought sliders were at the bottom of the body.
You didn't read my post, I said (If the strip is call a panel )
By the way, I so bright, my mom calls me sun.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:54 PM   #104
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I thought sliders were at the bottom of the body.
You didn't read my post, I said (If the strip is call a panel )
By the way, I so bright, my mom calls me sun.
The strip is a ''side rail'' which is clearly in the rules as a way of getting the minimum requirements. "nerf bars'' or "sliders'' are @ the bottom of a rig. ''side- rails'' can be used any where on the side as needed. In my case creating width and making an ''anti snag'' area for the shocks.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #105
Old guy

Quote:
The strip is a ''side rail'' which is clearly in the rules as a way of getting the minimum requirements. "nerf bars'' or "sliders'' are @ the bottom of a rig. ''side- rails'' can be used any where on the side as needed. In my case creating width and making an ''anti snag'' area for the shocks.
Then run it and have fun,
why you bring this up for if you know it's all good. Or was the gray clouding your thoughts . If you feel good about it,go for it.

Last edited by ROCKEDUP RICKY; 01-31-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:12 PM   #106
Old guy

I think we need to fix the wording to make this gray area and make it more black and white.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #107
Old guy

One could say that as you have it now, you are using the shock and spacer to get your side rail to the min.

if you take your shock and spacer off the side rail has no support, thus to me not part of the chassis. But if you make a solid wedge that is self supporting ,you' be good to go IMO.

Cause if you run in the gray and not in the black and white, you are left to the mercy of the judge who reads it alittle grayer than you.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:42 PM   #108
Rock Crawler

Quote:
One could say that as you have it now, you are using the shock and spacer to get your side rail to the min.

if you take your shock and spacer off the side rail has no support, thus to me not part of the chassis. But if you make a solid wedge that is self supporting ,you' be good to go IMO.

Cause if you run in the gray and not in the black and white, you are left to the mercy of the judge who reads it alittle grayer than you.
I'm glad i have your ''OK'' too run the wedge idea,it''l be an extension of the chassis. And NO! its not up to the judge to make the call if its legal or not,its needs to be cut and dry in the rules so no ''one person/judge'' making a call like that.And unless they change the rules again,I'm good to go using a ''SIDE-RAIL'' TO GET MY WIDTH''.

Last edited by J-FAB NOR-CAL; 01-31-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:52 PM   #109
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Then run it and have fun,
why you bring this up for if you know it's all good. Or was the gray clouding your thoughts . If you feel good about it,go for it.

It was brought up by another member on here if you go back a page.How could my thoughts be clouded thinking outside the box and using the ''rules'' to push the designs to be lighter using less parts to make up a chassis?
Old 01-31-2013, 02:58 PM   #110
I wanna be Dave

[QUOTE=krawlfreak;4155261

the bumper clause was put in for a very specific chassis at the time. that chassis has changed [/QUOTE]

I am fine with removing that clause.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:00 PM   #111
Old guy

Quote:
I'm glad i have your ''OK'' too run the wedge idea,it''l be an extension of the chassis. And NO! its not up to the judge to make the call if its legal or not,its needs to be cut and dry in the rules so no ''one person/judge'' making a call like that.And unless they change the rules again,I'm good to go using a ''SIDE-RAIL'' TO GET MY WIDTH''.
I think you are good to go to use a side rail to get your width, but right now your using the shock and spacer to get your width of the side rail.

Thats how this one man reads it .That one man at the tech table, but you could always protest and get the Marshalls together to decide it for you then at the comp, sometimes thats the price a person pays when running in the gray area.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:02 PM   #112
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
I am fine with removing that clause.
Me too.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:03 PM   #113
Old guy

Quote:
It was brought up by another member on here if you go back a page.How could my thoughts be clouded thinking outside the box and using the ''rules'' to push the designs to be lighter using less parts to make up a chassis?
I guess he brought it up cause it looked gray to him too.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:09 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

Whats it take to get on the rules commitee Fish? This is going to keep coming up and causing un-needed drama,taking the fun out the sport,people interpreting the rules the way they want,etc unless there is strict guidlines and change of the rules saying that side-rails,bumpers,bodypanals cannot be used anymore to make up the minimums when designing a chassis.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #115
Old guy

Quote:
Whats it take to get on the rules commitee Fish? This is going to keep coming up and causing un-needed drama,taking the fun out the sport,people interpreting the rules the way they want,etc unless there is strict guidlines and change of the rules saying that side-rails,bumpers,bodypanals cannot be used anymore to make up the minimums when designing a chassis.
We could get rid of all the rules on how to build it and just say 12.5 wheelbase and leave it at that.
Or we could keep trying to get the gray out that everyone keeps digging up taking the fun out of the sport.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:16 PM   #116
Rock Crawler

So your going to change the rules because of me? So the whole section that says we can use bumpers,side-rails,stingers etc. is just going to get removed now? This is just plain rediculous and big swift kick in the nuts if I have to go re-design my chassis because of some cry babies whine and now welp,we'll just do away with that rule.Communism if you ask me.

Last edited by J-FAB NOR-CAL; 01-31-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:26 PM   #117
Old guy

Quote:
So your going to change the rules because of me? So the whole section that says we cannot use bumpers,side-rails,stingers etc. is just going to get removed now? This is just plain rediculous and big swift kick in the nuts if I have to go re-design my chassis because of some cry babies whine and now welp,we'll just do away with that rule.Communism if you ask me.
I not crying about it ,I said go for it.
I think the rules are fine, you don't like them and want them clearer. Write something up on how to keep the gray out and we'll be glad to look it over.

Communism , we all voted on it.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #118
RCC Addict

Please, there is no reason to attack Justin in person for his design. I linked a picture on his rig because that's the one I jumped into recently. I have seen a similar design used on other chassis' as well.
Tomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:50 PM   #119
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomy View Post
Please, there is no reason to attack Justin in person for his design. I linked a picture on his rig because that's the one I jumped into recently. I have seen a similar design used on other chassis' as well.
I;m not attacking anybody. We are just discussing it, just something that needs to be addressed to try and keep the intent of the rules going in the right direction.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I guess he brought it up cause it looked gray to him too.
i am sure tomy brought it up so he could design a chassis with that being the basis for the width.

which by the rules now is legal.

i really dont think there should be any arguing about this.
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/wrcca-rules/420729-2013-rules.html
Posted By For Type Date
AZ-RC.com This thread Refback 02-26-2013 07:27 PM

2013 Rules - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
koh rules 2013 discussion thread thomass14 North Dakota 19 07-28-2016 06:24 PM
2013 Rules Update: Heads Up! Fishmaxx WRCCA Rules 3 12-27-2012 10:29 AM