Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > RCP Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Wreckluse scale chassis Pre-order now and SAVE $$$

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2008, 05:54 PM   #41
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREE68 View Post
90MM IN THE REAR,AND 110MM IN THE FRONT. I HAD TO BUY 2 SETS. AND SOLD THE LEFT OVERS.

http://socalrcrc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32
Thanks for the link.

One recommendation though, mount your lower links in the skid plate mount sleeve at the bottom corner. That is how the chassis was designed to work. This way it's a smooth transition for rocks sliding from the front links to the skid and to the rear links, and also a lot stronger. With both sets of links mounted up on the tabs it's going to hang up link crazy.

Like this,

Wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2008, 06:11 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

wow that looks sick . im going to be useing reduced 2.2 crushers with CAC beadlocks. man that hight and tires look solid. that is exactly what im looking to build. I cant wait till the chassis arrives. thanks for the pics.

scott
team_guahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:22 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
90MM IN THE REAR,AND 110MM IN THE FRONT. I HAD TO BUY 2 SETS. AND SOLD THE LEFT OVERS.

http://socalrcrc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32
I was thinking they were different lengths...thanks for that info!
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:21 PM   #44
Pebble Pounder

wrecker, i was waiting on my new skid. so that was the plan. thanx

bmuzz1, you can use same lenth shocks with axial axles,and tlt's. this just worked for me with the axles i have. glad you guys like it. you will love yours as well.
TREE68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:03 PM   #45
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
wrecker, i was waiting on my new skid. so that was the plan. thanx

bmuzz1, you can use same lenth shocks with axial axles,and tlt's. this just worked for me with the axles i have. glad you guys like it. you will love yours as well.
Sounds good, you'll like how it performs. It was designed to work, then to look scale. Everything I build has to function and then look good, I think this chassis worked out great in both aspects.

Yes, you can build it up with same length shocks front and rear for all of the available axles for the people wondering. Axles such as the T-Rex 60's have multiple mounting locations that enable you to mount the shocks in different positions therefore using different length shocks if you choose. The chassis is set up to pretty much allow you to do anything and everything you want and still perform great.

I've had the chassis set up with almost every axle on the market with both full droop and full sprung suspensions and multiple different wheels bases. They all worked great due to the amount of adjustment built into the chassis.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:08 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecker View Post
Sounds good, you'll like how it performs. It was designed to work, then to look scale. Everything I build has to function and then look good, I think this chassis worked out great in both aspects.

Yes, you can build it up with same length shocks front and rear for all of the available axles for the people wondering. Axles such as the T-Rex 60's have multiple mounting locations that enable you to mount the shocks in different positions therefore using different length shocks if you choose. The chassis is set up to pretty much allow you to do anything and everything you want and still perform great.

I've had the chassis set up with almost every axle on the market with both full droop and full sprung suspensions and multiple different wheels bases. They all worked great due to the amount of adjustment built into the chassis.
Thanks for that info Wrecker, I am planning on using the plastic T-Rex 60 axles and 1.9 Widelock wheels when I get mine.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:24 PM   #47
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmuzz1 View Post
Thanks for that info Wrecker, I am planning on using the plastic T-Rex 60 axles and 1.9 Widelock wheels when I get mine.
I'm going to be running plastic T-Rex 60's and 1.9's on one of mine too. The other will be Axial running gear and 2.2's.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:29 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Wrecker
First off love the chassis and thanks for getting it out there. I have one on order now and had a couple of questions about it.
I will be installing it on Ax-10 axles and using the stock Axial link ends. What length links are used on the red truck pictured on the add. They look like the stock upper links both top and bottom. If you could let me know I can get some coming.
The other question is what material is used to make the chassis as I would like to add a plate in the front to add a winch mount and want to tig weld it.
diggerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:40 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerj View Post
Wrecker
The other question is what material is used to make the chassis as I would like to add a plate in the front to add a winch mount and want to tig weld it.
X2 i was wondering the same thing ....and is there enough room for a winch mount
rockwood330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:53 PM   #50
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerj View Post
Wrecker
First off love the chassis and thanks for getting it out there. I have one on order now and had a couple of questions about it.
I will be installing it on Ax-10 axles and using the stock Axial link ends. What length links are used on the red truck pictured on the add. They look like the stock upper links both top and bottom. If you could let me know I can get some coming.
As far as the links on the red one pictured in this thread, I'm not sure. That was the prototype chassis built up for pictures, the links were not the finalized size. RCP is going to offer the chassis with the proper size links though so you're best bet is to pm Rockpiledriver and ask what size links are needed for the production version chassis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood330 View Post
X2 i was wondering the same thing ....and is there enough room for a winch mount
As far as the materials used to build the chassis, I'm not 100% sure what the production version ended up using. The prototype chassis was 3/16" tube, the production version is solid rod (much stronger) and the size is either 3/16" or 3mm but I'm not 100% sure about that either. Again, a pm to RPD should get you an accurate answer.

As far as the winch mounting goes, I have a super simple design and mount that anybody can make to mount the winch up front and have it lined up perfectly for the winch on the body. You'll have to wait till I get my chassis to see the mount though. I decided to not have a permanent mount for a winch in the chassis because everybody likes to set up their electronics and such different and I didn't want to limit peoples options, but I still left plenty of places to easily mount everything, so don't worry.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:15 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Should be ordering mine in just a couple days...stoked! Had to sell off some stuff first...not so stoked!:-(
Old 08-26-2008, 08:45 AM   #52
Official Scale Nazi

Got some nice photos of the 1.9 prototype that TREE built. I'm really happy with how this chassis looks in both 2.2 and 1.9. As you can see Winston has gone for a total scale look using interior seats and attaching gauges and a steering wheel to the dash panel. Funtional winch as well with a hawse fairlead.

pigeonfarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:15 AM   #53
[HOONIGAN]

WOW!!

That thing looks amazing!!
I can't wait to start my buildups.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:28 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Great action shots...The rig looks beautiful!
Old 08-26-2008, 01:06 PM   #55
Pebble Pounder

wow, those pics came out sick, i have offroad lights comeing too. thanx rcp. you guys are the best
Old 08-26-2008, 01:33 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

those pics are awesome, sweet rig!!!!
FAT-T 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:38 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

So where is the build up thread?
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:08 PM   #58
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
So where is the build up thread?
there is one over at socalrcrc.com, i will have to put one over here as well. just need to clean up the post. http://socalrcrc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32&page=3
Old 08-26-2008, 05:15 PM   #59

looks very nice. props to that.
Crawl Brawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:20 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

BADASS!!!!! THat thing is sweeeeeettt!!!
MOCRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote