RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   RCP Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rcp-crawlers/)
-   -   Wreckluse Feedback, Support & FAQ (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rcp-crawlers/140045-wreckluse-feedback-support-faq.html)

Red Rockcrawler 02-08-2009 03:02 PM

I need addy to send it to.

I have a broken upper shock mount on the front.

FONZERELLE 02-09-2009 03:35 AM

you can buy a used built one at rc unlimted, all axial stuff.

rdearolf 02-17-2009 07:42 PM

I looking at getting this kit, should be direct bolt up for ax10 correct , minor slite modifications, when will these be available?

wkxtreme 03-17-2009 09:07 PM

when will these be available??????? i want one

bretkissick 04-03-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wkxtreme (Post 1685862)
when will these be available??????? i want one

x2.....

JOOTZ 04-13-2009 08:31 PM

gonna be waiting on the new chassis coming out "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

bretkissick 04-14-2009 06:11 AM

Any idea what it is and when it's coming?

nmanuel01 04-14-2009 10:27 AM

have no idea when its coming out, but ive seen the prototype and it is kinda cool, looks like a caged humvee

carver 04-22-2009 08:21 PM

I need some body panels (clear) were can I purchace them?
Thanks

nmanuel01 04-23-2009 08:22 AM

so far no where, you can buy a 12x16 sheet of lexan like I did and make them yourself "thumbsup"

sally1800 05-21-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmanuel01 (Post 1738018)
have no idea when its coming out, but ive seen the prototype and it is kinda cool, looks like a caged humvee

does any one have a picture or is it out yet

TattooKenny 05-23-2009 02:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by saydee1800 (Post 1805713)
does any one have a picture or is it out yet

This one? Only thing I've seen that looked like a Hummer like he's talking about? It's not RCP though?

ozacustoms 05-28-2009 08:38 PM

can the wreckluse be used for a 2.2 comp rig? if so when can it be bought?

Reef 05-29-2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozacustoms (Post 1817668)
can the wreckluse be used for a 2.2 comp rig? if so when can it be bought?

It could be used for that purpose, however, I don't think you'll be very competitive due to the weight and size of the chassis.
Most comp rigs are little guys. The Bastard JR. is more suitable for a comp rig.

ozacustoms 05-30-2009 12:51 PM

thanks for the reply, JR. it is

JasonInAugusta 06-18-2009 10:10 AM

I don't have my chassis here with me right now...can someone tell me the measurement between the upper shock mounting plates?

Rockpiledriver 06-18-2009 11:14 AM

62mm

JasonInAugusta 06-18-2009 11:42 AM

Thanks, Brian. I thought it was 60mm but couldn't remember.

g23crawler 06-22-2009 12:15 PM

dose anybody know when the wreckluse chassis will be in stock again
thanks

killswitch 06-23-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g23crawler (Post 1857386)
dose anybody know when the wreckluse chassis will be in stock again
thanks

x2 I missed out on the first couple of runs because my wife cant quit wrecking her car... Ive had the cash and parts saved for a few months now and Id really like to get my hands on one of these new. Any idea as to when they will be available again would be appreciated.

Rockpiledriver 06-23-2009 10:45 AM

They are coming. The factory we use for our tube chassis has been swamped with work, and it is taking far longer than we anticipated. Sorry about that guys, but it is out of our hands. They are coming but I really can't give an accurate date. Trust me, we want these to arrive as badly as you guys do.

bretkissick 06-30-2009 10:50 AM

How about panel set's? Will you also have them available?

Thanks

CHRIZAD 07-11-2009 07:39 AM

Id like to buy one too.Cant wait!

rtousley 07-22-2009 11:34 PM

here is my wrecluse and my buddies timber wolf.:mrgreen:
he really wants a wrecluse:-P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wf6f...e=channel_page

CHRIZAD 07-30-2009 09:08 AM

What upper and lower links did you use?50mm for front upper and 70mm on front lower and rear upper/lower? Very nice set up! Can I use the stock links from the AX10 artr or I have to buy these size?

arevir 08-02-2009 12:28 AM

have anyone use the r2 series of transmission? would they fit?

jtice 10-08-2009 01:49 PM

BUMP, I am also wanting to know if the R2 tranny will fit. I was wanting to use one with a dig setup.
I am in the process of ordering parts for this build, and need to know wheather to go with the axial tranny or the R2.
Was wantnig to go with the R2 due to it being more enclosed, plus I had a very bad expereience with the DNA dig on the axial tranny.

~John

Squirrel 10-08-2009 09:01 PM

Bent upper link mounts.

Has anyone else noticed that the upper link mounts bend really easy or is it just me? It seems like everytime I run mine I bend one of the upper link mounting ears. I'm not rough on it at all, they just bend. Anyone got a good solution? I'm thinking I might have to braze some more "beef" on there.:?

Wrecker 10-09-2009 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirrel (Post 2036535)
Has anyone else noticed that the upper link mounts bend really easy or is it just me? It seems like everytime I run mine I bend one of the upper link mounting ears. I'm not rough on it at all, they just bend. Anyone got a good solution? I'm thinking I might have to braze some more "beef" on there.:?

That was one of the problems with the first chassis. The link mount material was supposed to be much thicker. The second batch of chassis has this issue addressed with thicker plate material and welded on both sides of the tab instead of just one.

As far as the bending though, yes the link mounts bend out fairly easy, but once they are bent out they don't bend anymore. I was very brutal on my Wreckluse chassis and I just kept the link mount tabs bent out slightly. It actually reduces the angle on your rod ends, which helps more than anything. I would just leave your tabs bent out slightly and start beating on it, the chassis can take it.;-) If you ever do break a tab off, or break a weld somewhere, contact RCP and they will get you taken care off."thumbsup"

Wrecker 10-09-2009 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtice (Post 2035765)
BUMP, I am also wanting to know if the R2 tranny will fit. I was wanting to use one with a dig setup.
I am in the process of ordering parts for this build, and need to know wheather to go with the axial tranny or the R2.
Was wantnig to go with the R2 due to it being more enclosed, plus I had a very bad expereience with the DNA dig on the axial tranny.

~John

I'm sure you can get it to fit one way or another. I'm guessing that the bottom of the chassis is going to be a little narrower than the R2 tranny, so you might have to put some spacers between the tranny and the skid plate to raise it up slightly till it has enough room. I would guess about .25" would be plenty."thumbsup"

jtice 10-09-2009 08:18 AM

Thats what I was afraid of :(
I kinda hate to raise the tranny at all, that means a nigher center of gravity and more of a drive line angle.
Can you please tell me how wide the bottom of the Wreckluse is? (between the bottom tubing)
I think the R2 tranny is 70mm wide.
I may just have to use the Axial tranny :( I just hate the exposed spur gear, and I had a bad experience with the DNA dig.
Is there a better dig option for the Axial tranny?

~John

Wrecker 10-09-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtice (Post 2037040)
Thats what I was afraid of :(
I kinda hate to raise the tranny at all, that means a nigher center of gravity and more of a drive line angle.
Can you please tell me how wide the bottom of the Wreckluse is? (between the bottom tubing)
I think the R2 tranny is 70mm wide.
I may just have to use the Axial tranny :( I just hate the exposed spur gear, and I had a bad experience with the DNA dig.
Is there a better dig option for the Axial tranny?

~John

Don't have a Wreckluse chassis in front of me right now, but I'm guessing it's either 50 or 55mm. It's close to the same width as any of the SW chassis. Personally I think the R2 is the worst tranny you can buy, it's way too slow, and the gears in them are terrible. They end up not running very smooth and really loud if you aren't maintaining them all of the time and even then the gears still strip out. I know people have had luck with them, but I personally will never run one again. The Axial tanny is the best option imo. The DNA dig had lots of issues though, their quality control wasn't the best. There are many other great dig options on the market now that work 10x better such as the Vanquish Products Hurtz dig. I would just run the Axial tranny without a dig unit since you can't have dig in Scale comps, but if you would like to have the dig or want to have selectable 2wd and 4wd I would go with the Axial tranny and the VP Hurtz dig. I think you will be much happier with this route rather than the R2 route."thumbsup"

jtice 10-09-2009 09:09 AM

Thanks alot !!! I will go with the Axial and Hurts Dig then :)
Not really concerned with comps, we just do freindly comps with freinds around here.

~John

Squirrel 10-10-2009 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrecker (Post 2037023)
That was one of the problems with the first chassis. The link mount material was supposed to be much thicker. The second batch of chassis has this issue addressed with thicker plate material and welded on both sides of the tab instead of just one.

As far as the bending though, yes the link mounts bend out fairly easy, but once they are bent out they don't bend anymore. I was very brutal on my Wreckluse chassis and I just kept the link mount tabs bent out slightly. It actually reduces the angle on your rod ends, which helps more than anything. I would just leave your tabs bent out slightly and start beating on it, the chassis can take it.;-) If you ever do break a tab off, or break a weld somewhere, contact RCP and they will get you taken care off."thumbsup"

I took some thicker gauge steel and brazed it all together. I think something else is gonna give before the upper link ounts now!:mrgreen:"thumbsup" She's good and stout now! If I'm not mistaked I think the wreckluse I have used to be yours (possibly?). I got it from Tugboatjoe. It seems like he was saying that he got it from a dude that went by the name "Wrecker".

Wrecker 10-10-2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirrel (Post 2038386)
I took some thicker gauge steel and brazed it all together. I think something else is gonna give before the upper link ounts now!:mrgreen:"thumbsup" She's good and stout now! If I'm not mistaked I think the wreckluse I have used to be yours (possibly?). I got it from Tugboatjoe. It seems like he was saying that he got it from a dude that went by the name "Wrecker".

Yup, I sold my Wreckluse to Tugboatjoe."thumbsup"
Trust me, after the abuse I put that chassis through you have nothing to worry about. I beat the living crap out of that thing and it still looked almost new when I sold it after some paint touch ups to the cage. You should post a build thread on that thing. I'd love to see what you end up doing to it."thumbsup"

Tugboatjoe 10-10-2009 04:29 PM

buy

Can you buy just the hood and side plates?

Squirrel 10-10-2009 04:48 PM

Wreckluse

Wrecker, here are some pics of what I've done with the rig. I haven't really changed alot. Mostly just cosmetic stuff as well as some home made solid links with Revo ends, beefed up the upper link mounts, aluminum body panels on the bottom, aluminum beadlocks with Swamp Dawg rubber, stick pack battery tray under the hood and a crazy a$$ looking dude in the driver seat ."thumbsup"

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/100_3482.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/100_3483.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/100_3484.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/100_3481.jpg

Wrecker 10-10-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tugboatjoe (Post 2039128)
Can you buy just the hood and side plates?

Not yet. Hopefully they will be aviable seperately in the future. You'll have to comfirm that with Brian through.
You can just use a HPI Rubicon body for the hood. The HPI body actually has a lot more detail than the hood that comes with the chassis. That's what I use on all of my Wreckluse chassis. All of the rest of the body panels can just be cut out of flat lexan sheets. You can use your current panels for templates."thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirrel (Post 2039147)
Wrecker, here are some pics of what I've done with the rig. I haven't really changed alot. Mostly just cosmetic stuff as well as some home made solid links with Revo ends, beefed up the upper link mounts, aluminum body panels on the bottom, aluminum beadlocks with Swamp Dawg rubber, stick pack battery tray under the hood and a crazy a$$ looking dude in the driver seat ."thumbsup"

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/100_3482.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/100_3483.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/100_3484.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/100_3481.jpg

Looking good. Have fun with it."thumbsup"

arevir 01-06-2010 04:40 AM

can you use the losi comp crawler tranny, axles in this chassis? or it would require alot of modifications.
it seem like a good choice since it will have less torque twist and dig from factory
I have one wreckluse on the way and im wondering cause I will buy a crawler kit to play around for like a week then do the swap.
thanks.

Turn'Nburn 01-07-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arevir (Post 2207911)
can you use the losi comp crawler tranny, axles in this chassis? or it would require alot of modifications.
it seem like a good choice since it will have less torque twist and dig from factory
I have one wreckluse on the way and im wondering cause I will buy a crawler kit to play around for like a week then do the swap.
thanks.

the axles should mount up ok, going to require new links probably. the skid plate is drilled for an axial tranny, so you'll have to drill new holes or make a mount for the losi one. i'm sure it can be done. would definitely be different and one i'd like to see done.