RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   RCP Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rcp-crawlers/)
-   -   Wreckluse Feedback, Support & FAQ (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rcp-crawlers/140045-wreckluse-feedback-support-faq.html)

ZoSo 03-31-2011 05:18 PM

HPI makes hundreds of bodies at a time and sell's them for 28.00.
....not a bad deal
I'll check to see the cost to run a hundred or so.
Is anyone interested in a carbon-fiber Wreckluse hood?


Quote:

Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 (Post 3018558)
Not to beat a dead horse, but I've been asking the same question for awhile now. Yes, I know I could buy a body for about $28 and hack it up for a hood (and throw away the rest?). And yes I know I could cut my own panels (but not as neatly). Would it really be that big of a deal to sell the replacements? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I just can't understand why it's so hard to offer them for sale. I love my Wreckluse, but it's getting pretty beat up and needs some new skins.


MNROKCRAWLR 03-31-2011 05:53 PM

I'd be down for a few body panels sets

I'l also love the trans mount with in-board links

Carbon fiber hood, not so much....but that's just me.


Thanks for responding so quickly...you guys have THE best service! "thumbsup"

TrailDawg362 03-31-2011 06:26 PM

Hood and panels, YES!

Skidplate w/inboarded link option, YES!

CF hood? I'd love to see some pics.

jca2184 04-03-2011 07:40 PM

What size shocks do you guys suggest to use with this chassis and 2.2 wheels and tires?

3jeeps 04-04-2011 08:06 AM

I'd like to see panels and the inboarded skid. On the hood maybe. If you could design it 3 piece grill,hood, and cowl.

MNROKCRAWLR 04-04-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jca2184 (Post 3023642)
What size shocks do you guys suggest to use with this chassis and 2.2 wheels and tires?


I used the RC4WD 110mm ones. About perfect for 2.2 tires.

TrailDawg362 04-13-2011 05:30 PM

Are there any reccomendations for wheel wideners for the Wreckluse chassis with Axial axles? Brand and size? I'd like to run taller tires without chassis rub. Thanks in advance :mrgreen:.

ZoSo 04-18-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 (Post 3041758)
Are there any reccomendations for wheel wideners for the Wreckluse chassis with Axial axles? Brand and size? I'd like to run taller tires without chassis rub. Thanks in advance :mrgreen:.

I'm thinking wraith axle and tranny hehehe
but g-made makes a nice set of wideners
http://gmade.net/dealer/index.php?ma...roducts_id=282

TrailDawg362 04-20-2011 12:24 AM

Thanks bud! I appreciate your help :mrgreen:.

jca2184 05-12-2011 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 (Post 3041758)
Are there any reccomendations for wheel wideners for the Wreckluse chassis with Axial axles? Brand and size? I'd like to run taller tires without chassis rub. Thanks in advance :mrgreen:.

I use a set of integy 15mm wideners but they really hinder you on pointy rocks or narrow paths im actually about to remove mine but as far as stability goes they do help out

xirtic 05-12-2011 06:43 PM

I tossed a pair of the Hot Racing ones on my Wreckluse. They come in 15mm...but can add 5mm or 10mm if needed. I see no need to go over 15mm. With these on the truck I can really push the articulation and just barely rub.

3jeeps 06-03-2011 09:52 AM

Did you get any wreckluse skids made, just checking back and I'm still interested. Thanks
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoSo (Post 2981094)
I'm in the process of make a new comp chassis and skid plate
so yes... I'll add the Wreckluse inboard skidplate to the order
I'll try and get them on the site in a couple of weeks.


TrailDawg362 06-03-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3jeeps (Post 3124411)
Did you get any wreckluse skids made, just checking back and I'm still interested. Thanks

Same here, any word yet?

norcallump 06-04-2011 02:16 PM

got ahead of myself and whacked up my skid plate for my wrecluse.. who do I contact , how much for a new one. need blank as Im using losi axles and tranny. something inboraded would be cool too!

ZoSo 06-06-2011 05:27 PM

Skid Plates for sale
 
Wreckluse Stock Skids are for sale:

http://rcpcrawlers.com/product.php?p...3&cat=6&page=1

Onebdgti 06-08-2011 10:10 AM

I just got one of these chassis used and was wondering what shocks people are using for 2.2 and what type of widners

ZoSo 06-08-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onebdgti (Post 3131763)
I just got one of these chassis used and was wondering what shocks people are using for 2.2 and what type of widners

here's a nice build thread
looks like rc4wd shocks
but you can use ax10 or scx10 shocks

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/2-2-scale-rigs/261996-my-2-2-ttc-wreckluse-build.html

3jeeps 06-09-2011 04:03 PM

Freaky Fast Service!! Ordered my replacement skid on 6/7 before you got to work and it was in the mailbox on 6/9. Thanks "thumbsup"

xiteamxi 08-27-2011 01:44 AM

curious about the replacement policy does it matter if some thing was changed (braces in the windshield area ect..)and does it cover if the nuts that mount the body panels snap off?

ZoSo 08-27-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiteamxi (Post 3250546)
curious about the replacement policy does it matter if some thing was changed (braces in the windshield area ect..)and does it cover if the nuts that mount the body panels snap off?

PM Sent

Die-Laughing 08-31-2011 05:11 PM

I ordered my Wreckluse from RCPcrawlers recently. Should be here soon. Im excited to start my build!"thumbsup"

TrailDawg362 09-01-2011 10:42 AM

You're going to love your new chassis, have fun building it. Post up some pics when you're done "thumbsup".

Any update on replacement body panels? I know it's a long-shot but I just had to ask.

ZoSo 09-01-2011 07:55 PM

[QUOTE=
Any update on replacement body panels? I know it's a long-shot but I just had to ask.[/QUOTE]

not yet.... I think I have too many irons in the fire :ror:

HillbillyCrawler 10-02-2011 09:53 AM

What hoods/bodies fit the Wreckluse?

ZoSo 10-02-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bone collector (Post 3308048)
What hoods/bodies fit the Wreckluse?

jeep wrangler
I've seen the 70's bronco
and the large 70's chevy truck
I'm going to try a new bright JK Jeep hardbody front
I've seen a few hard body front ends that look great

JasonW 11-07-2011 10:56 AM

I am glad that I found this thread. It answered most of my questions. Can't wait to order mine in a few days.

JasonW 11-07-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jca2184 (Post 3089355)
I use a set of integy 15mm wideners but they really hinder you on pointy rocks or narrow paths im actually about to remove mine but as far as stability goes they do help out

How wide do the wheels set apart now?

ZoSo 11-07-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reacon (Post 3368961)
How wide do the wheels set apart now?


most guys run the AX10 axles
you can run 1.9 or 2.2 rims and tires
you can also stretch the Wheel Base if you like
for better approach on the really steep stuff.
I've seen a wide variety of set-ups
The Wreckluse a great platform to start with "thumbsup"

JasonW 11-10-2011 09:55 PM

The great customer support meant a lot when i called. Very few companies take the time to actually help customers like you guys do. I look forward to placing my order next week as well as a few others for my build. Thanks.

MNROKCRAWLR 11-26-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoSo (Post 3018638)
HPI makes hundreds of bodies at a time and sell's them for 28.00.
....not a bad deal
I'll check to see the cost to run a hundred or so.
Is anyone interested in a carbon-fiber Wreckluse hood?

Did you ever have a chance to check into making replacement (flat) body panels?

ZoSo 11-27-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNROKCRAWLR (Post 3401376)
Did you ever have a chance to check into making replacement (flat) body panels?

it's the minimum order that makes it unreasonable
I can create a cad file you could use as a template
to cut your own ...out of beer cans or flat lexan

crowninshield3 12-14-2011 11:40 PM

Re: Wreckluse Feedback, Support & FAQ
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoSo (Post 3401943)
it's the minimum order that makes it unreasonable
I can create a cad file you could use as a template
to cut your own ...out of beer cans or flat lexan

Can I get that file by chance? Pm me please, thanks!

dblrnut 12-15-2011 02:50 PM

Re: Wreckluse Feedback, Support & FAQ
 
I would for sure buy a carbonfiber hood, and I would be interested in those cad drawings to make me some panels :mrgreen:

ZoSo 12-16-2011 12:44 PM

Re: Wreckluse Feedback, Support & FAQ
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by crowninshield3 (Post 3445668)
Can I get that file by chance? Pm me please, thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dblrnut (Post 3446852)
I would for sure buy a carbonfiber hood, and I would be interested in those cad drawings to make me some panels :mrgreen:

I'll get to it after the holidays"thumbsup"

ndi_guy 02-10-2012 09:26 PM

Re: Wreckluse Feedback, Support & FAQ
 
Would the Axial SCX10 Honcho axles and tranny work okay with the wrekluse chassis?

ZoSo 02-11-2012 11:40 AM

Re: Wreckluse Feedback, Support & FAQ
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ndi_guy (Post 3560662)
Would the Axial SCX10 Honcho axles and tranny work okay with the wrekluse chassis?

that's what it's made for...they bolt right up
skid is drilled for the Axial tranny
check out my Wreckluse ...just buy the links

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-s...wreckluse.html

ezee 03-13-2012 02:25 PM

Re: Wreckluse Feedback, Support & FAQ
 
Replacement panels ??? When will they be available ???

hscrugby 03-28-2012 12:29 PM

Re: Wreckluse Feedback, Support & FAQ
 
Did you ever make that CAD file for the panels?
If not, i'm going to try and use my plastic ones as a guide. :(

TrailDawg362 03-29-2012 09:32 AM

Re: Wreckluse Feedback, Support & FAQ
 
That's what I ended up doing. I went with aluminum sheet material for the lower belly plates and repainted the outside of the original hood and clearcoated it. Stock replacements would have been nice though :cry:.

scott83 03-31-2012 11:30 PM

Re: Wreckluse Feedback, Support & FAQ
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hscrugby (Post 3654131)
Did you ever make that CAD file for the panels?
If not, i'm going to try and use my plastic ones as a guide. :(

I would be intrested in getting this cad file also if possible.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com