RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   RCP Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rcp-crawlers/)
-   -   Wreckluse Feedback, Support & FAQ (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rcp-crawlers/140045-wreckluse-feedback-support-faq.html)

Rockpiledriver 06-23-2009 11:45 AM

They are coming. The factory we use for our tube chassis has been swamped with work, and it is taking far longer than we anticipated. Sorry about that guys, but it is out of our hands. They are coming but I really can't give an accurate date. Trust me, we want these to arrive as badly as you guys do.

bretkissick 06-30-2009 11:50 AM

How about panel set's? Will you also have them available?

Thanks

CHRIZAD 07-11-2009 08:39 AM

Id like to buy one too.Cant wait!

rtousley 07-23-2009 12:34 AM

here is my wrecluse and my buddies timber wolf.:mrgreen:
he really wants a wrecluse:-P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wf6f...e=channel_page

CHRIZAD 07-30-2009 10:08 AM

What upper and lower links did you use?50mm for front upper and 70mm on front lower and rear upper/lower? Very nice set up! Can I use the stock links from the AX10 artr or I have to buy these size?

arevir 08-02-2009 01:28 AM

have anyone use the r2 series of transmission? would they fit?

jtice 10-08-2009 02:49 PM

BUMP, I am also wanting to know if the R2 tranny will fit. I was wanting to use one with a dig setup.
I am in the process of ordering parts for this build, and need to know wheather to go with the axial tranny or the R2.
Was wantnig to go with the R2 due to it being more enclosed, plus I had a very bad expereience with the DNA dig on the axial tranny.

~John

Squirrel 10-08-2009 10:01 PM

Bent upper link mounts.
 
Has anyone else noticed that the upper link mounts bend really easy or is it just me? It seems like everytime I run mine I bend one of the upper link mounting ears. I'm not rough on it at all, they just bend. Anyone got a good solution? I'm thinking I might have to braze some more "beef" on there.:?

Wrecker 10-09-2009 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirrel (Post 2036535)
Has anyone else noticed that the upper link mounts bend really easy or is it just me? It seems like everytime I run mine I bend one of the upper link mounting ears. I'm not rough on it at all, they just bend. Anyone got a good solution? I'm thinking I might have to braze some more "beef" on there.:?

That was one of the problems with the first chassis. The link mount material was supposed to be much thicker. The second batch of chassis has this issue addressed with thicker plate material and welded on both sides of the tab instead of just one.

As far as the bending though, yes the link mounts bend out fairly easy, but once they are bent out they don't bend anymore. I was very brutal on my Wreckluse chassis and I just kept the link mount tabs bent out slightly. It actually reduces the angle on your rod ends, which helps more than anything. I would just leave your tabs bent out slightly and start beating on it, the chassis can take it.;-) If you ever do break a tab off, or break a weld somewhere, contact RCP and they will get you taken care off."thumbsup"

Wrecker 10-09-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtice (Post 2035765)
BUMP, I am also wanting to know if the R2 tranny will fit. I was wanting to use one with a dig setup.
I am in the process of ordering parts for this build, and need to know wheather to go with the axial tranny or the R2.
Was wantnig to go with the R2 due to it being more enclosed, plus I had a very bad expereience with the DNA dig on the axial tranny.

~John

I'm sure you can get it to fit one way or another. I'm guessing that the bottom of the chassis is going to be a little narrower than the R2 tranny, so you might have to put some spacers between the tranny and the skid plate to raise it up slightly till it has enough room. I would guess about .25" would be plenty."thumbsup"

jtice 10-09-2009 09:18 AM

Thats what I was afraid of :(
I kinda hate to raise the tranny at all, that means a nigher center of gravity and more of a drive line angle.
Can you please tell me how wide the bottom of the Wreckluse is? (between the bottom tubing)
I think the R2 tranny is 70mm wide.
I may just have to use the Axial tranny :( I just hate the exposed spur gear, and I had a bad experience with the DNA dig.
Is there a better dig option for the Axial tranny?

~John

Wrecker 10-09-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtice (Post 2037040)
Thats what I was afraid of :(
I kinda hate to raise the tranny at all, that means a nigher center of gravity and more of a drive line angle.
Can you please tell me how wide the bottom of the Wreckluse is? (between the bottom tubing)
I think the R2 tranny is 70mm wide.
I may just have to use the Axial tranny :( I just hate the exposed spur gear, and I had a bad experience with the DNA dig.
Is there a better dig option for the Axial tranny?

~John

Don't have a Wreckluse chassis in front of me right now, but I'm guessing it's either 50 or 55mm. It's close to the same width as any of the SW chassis. Personally I think the R2 is the worst tranny you can buy, it's way too slow, and the gears in them are terrible. They end up not running very smooth and really loud if you aren't maintaining them all of the time and even then the gears still strip out. I know people have had luck with them, but I personally will never run one again. The Axial tanny is the best option imo. The DNA dig had lots of issues though, their quality control wasn't the best. There are many other great dig options on the market now that work 10x better such as the Vanquish Products Hurtz dig. I would just run the Axial tranny without a dig unit since you can't have dig in Scale comps, but if you would like to have the dig or want to have selectable 2wd and 4wd I would go with the Axial tranny and the VP Hurtz dig. I think you will be much happier with this route rather than the R2 route."thumbsup"

jtice 10-09-2009 10:09 AM

Thanks alot !!! I will go with the Axial and Hurts Dig then :)
Not really concerned with comps, we just do freindly comps with freinds around here.

~John

Squirrel 10-10-2009 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrecker (Post 2037023)
That was one of the problems with the first chassis. The link mount material was supposed to be much thicker. The second batch of chassis has this issue addressed with thicker plate material and welded on both sides of the tab instead of just one.

As far as the bending though, yes the link mounts bend out fairly easy, but once they are bent out they don't bend anymore. I was very brutal on my Wreckluse chassis and I just kept the link mount tabs bent out slightly. It actually reduces the angle on your rod ends, which helps more than anything. I would just leave your tabs bent out slightly and start beating on it, the chassis can take it.;-) If you ever do break a tab off, or break a weld somewhere, contact RCP and they will get you taken care off."thumbsup"

I took some thicker gauge steel and brazed it all together. I think something else is gonna give before the upper link ounts now!:mrgreen:"thumbsup" She's good and stout now! If I'm not mistaked I think the wreckluse I have used to be yours (possibly?). I got it from Tugboatjoe. It seems like he was saying that he got it from a dude that went by the name "Wrecker".

Wrecker 10-10-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirrel (Post 2038386)
I took some thicker gauge steel and brazed it all together. I think something else is gonna give before the upper link ounts now!:mrgreen:"thumbsup" She's good and stout now! If I'm not mistaked I think the wreckluse I have used to be yours (possibly?). I got it from Tugboatjoe. It seems like he was saying that he got it from a dude that went by the name "Wrecker".

Yup, I sold my Wreckluse to Tugboatjoe."thumbsup"
Trust me, after the abuse I put that chassis through you have nothing to worry about. I beat the living crap out of that thing and it still looked almost new when I sold it after some paint touch ups to the cage. You should post a build thread on that thing. I'd love to see what you end up doing to it."thumbsup"

Tugboatjoe 10-10-2009 05:29 PM

buy
 
Can you buy just the hood and side plates?

Squirrel 10-10-2009 05:48 PM

Wreckluse
 
Wrecker, here are some pics of what I've done with the rig. I haven't really changed alot. Mostly just cosmetic stuff as well as some home made solid links with Revo ends, beefed up the upper link mounts, aluminum body panels on the bottom, aluminum beadlocks with Swamp Dawg rubber, stick pack battery tray under the hood and a crazy a$$ looking dude in the driver seat ."thumbsup"

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/100_3482.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/100_3483.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/100_3484.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/100_3481.jpg

Wrecker 10-10-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tugboatjoe (Post 2039128)
Can you buy just the hood and side plates?

Not yet. Hopefully they will be aviable seperately in the future. You'll have to comfirm that with Brian through.
You can just use a HPI Rubicon body for the hood. The HPI body actually has a lot more detail than the hood that comes with the chassis. That's what I use on all of my Wreckluse chassis. All of the rest of the body panels can just be cut out of flat lexan sheets. You can use your current panels for templates."thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirrel (Post 2039147)
Wrecker, here are some pics of what I've done with the rig. I haven't really changed alot. Mostly just cosmetic stuff as well as some home made solid links with Revo ends, beefed up the upper link mounts, aluminum body panels on the bottom, aluminum beadlocks with Swamp Dawg rubber, stick pack battery tray under the hood and a crazy a$$ looking dude in the driver seat ."thumbsup"

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/100_3482.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/100_3483.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/100_3484.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/100_3481.jpg

Looking good. Have fun with it."thumbsup"

arevir 01-06-2010 05:40 AM

can you use the losi comp crawler tranny, axles in this chassis? or it would require alot of modifications.
it seem like a good choice since it will have less torque twist and dig from factory
I have one wreckluse on the way and im wondering cause I will buy a crawler kit to play around for like a week then do the swap.
thanks.

Turn'Nburn 01-07-2010 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arevir (Post 2207911)
can you use the losi comp crawler tranny, axles in this chassis? or it would require alot of modifications.
it seem like a good choice since it will have less torque twist and dig from factory
I have one wreckluse on the way and im wondering cause I will buy a crawler kit to play around for like a week then do the swap.
thanks.

the axles should mount up ok, going to require new links probably. the skid plate is drilled for an axial tranny, so you'll have to drill new holes or make a mount for the losi one. i'm sure it can be done. would definitely be different and one i'd like to see done.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com