RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   RCP Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rcp-crawlers/)
-   -   Wreckluse Feedback, Support & FAQ (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rcp-crawlers/140045-wreckluse-feedback-support-faq.html)

pigeonfarmboy 10-15-2008 07:54 PM

Wreckluse Feedback, Support & FAQ
 
Just wanted to start this thread for you guys that have any questions or comments about your new chassis.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What kind of axles can I use for the Wreckluse?
A: The most common axles used will be the Tamiya TLT, Axial AX-10, and RC4WD D40 axles.

Q: What transmission should I use?
A: The skid plate is drilled for an Axial AX-10 transmission.

Q: What length links do I use for my Wreckluse?
A: Depends if you're using 1.9 or 2.2 Tires/Wheels. Keep in mind there is no "Wrong" or "Right" length since it's subjective. Here's what we've found to be the best using our Universal Servo/Link Mounts: (Lengths are the measurement of the link itself not eye-to-eye of the rod ends)

-1.9"
Front Upper - 35mm
Front Lower - 50mm
Rear Upper - 50mm
Rear Lower - 50mm

-2.2"
Front Upper - 55mm
Front Lower - 70mm
Rear Upper - 70mm
Rear Lower - 70mm

Q: What are the dimensions of the chassis?
A: Length: 17" (15" without the stinger)
Width: 7"
Height: 6.25"

Q: Is the Wreckluse made of Tubing or Solid Rod?
A: It is welded solid rod.

Q: How heavy is the bare chassis?
A: Just about 2 pounds.

Q: Is there any kind of replacement policy if I happen to break a weld on the chassis?
A: Yes, please strip all parts off your chassis and send it to us, we'll send you a replacement.

Q: Are spare body panels available?
A: Once the initial demand has been filled we will have extra panels for sale.

Q: Will hoods from different bodies fit?
A: Most of the hoods are not wide enough to fit correctly. We plan to make at least one more different style.

chip cross 10-15-2008 08:57 PM

Thanks for the info, it will help me out alot with my Wreckluse. "thumbsup"

Badd 10-15-2008 09:08 PM

PFB please post up a few pics of your 1.9er so we can see the wheelbase & track width .

bmuzz1 10-15-2008 09:13 PM

Don't forget the plastic T-Rex 60's...they fit great with a little messaging of the servo mount!"thumbsup":)

thanks for all the info!

BigBaller 10-16-2008 08:33 AM

I am a little confused. You guys posted the preorder in at $279 or so and save $20 for preorder at $259. Now I see in stock "stage 1" with chassis and body panels for $229. I would like to order one but I don't want it missing the hood? Does the hood come with it for the $229? What is "stage 2" and so on going to be? I am ready with the paypal now. Someone from RCP please help me out here?

Ryan

Badd 10-16-2008 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBallless (Post 1384681)
I am a little confused. You guys posted the preorder in at $279 or so and save $20 for preorder at $259. Now I see in stock "stage 1" with chassis and body panels for $229. I would like to order one but I don't want it missing the hood? Does the hood come with it for the $229? What is "stage 2" and so on going to be? I am ready with the paypal now. Someone from RCP please help me out here?

Ryan

from the RCP site
Stage 1
* An incredible scale look Fully welded durable construction
* Adjustable Shock Mounts both front and rear
* Welded threaded tabs for body panels
* Includes a full set of clear lexan body, roof, and dash panels
* Also includes a clear hood and stickers
* Accepts most axle sets on the market
* Designed to accept 2.2 or 1.9 wheels and tires

Sticker Sheets will be ready in 2 weeks and will ship separately. "thumbsup"

BigBaller 10-16-2008 09:08 AM

Just ordered one. Can't wait. I thought that RCP was in California? The site just said NY?

RCP Crawlers
1146 W.9th St. , Upland
10001, New York
United States
CALL US: n/a
International: n/a
Fax: n/a
E-mail: info@rcpcrawlers.com

Really?

Rockpiledriver 10-16-2008 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBallless (Post 1384738)
Just ordered one. Can't wait. I thought that RCP was in California? The site just said NY?

RCP Crawlers
1146 W.9th St. , Upland
10001, New York
United States
CALL US: n/a
International: n/a
Fax: n/a
E-mail: info@rcpcrawlers.com

Really?

Where did you see this?

Edit: Nevermind I found the problem. Our webmaster was doing an upgrade and I think he changed that by mistake. I was wondering why lately people have been asking when we moved to NY.

Badd 10-16-2008 04:55 PM

Got mine today and I must say the Wreckluse is very nice . It was well packed and shipped fast . THANKS "thumbsup"

Going Up! 10-17-2008 10:27 AM

nice write up thread!

But i got a question, how do the 2.2 rock crushers fit on there??? I am wanting to make one, and get the 2.2 crushers i just need to know how they would look/fit"thumbsup"

Rockpiledriver 10-17-2008 10:43 AM

Here ya go "thumbsup"

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...x/IMG_2887.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...x/IMG_2891.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...x/IMG_2889.jpg

raul duke 10-17-2008 10:49 AM

Dang your fast Brian. I was gonna show him this one.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...x/IMG_2902.jpg

Going Up! 10-17-2008 04:32 PM

lol AWESOME GUYS!!! I know what tires I am going to run when I get one I just need money for everything first....:-(

bmuzz1 10-19-2008 01:06 AM

Gift Cert?
 
I tried to place an order using my gift cert and the code on the back was not recognized when I went to check out, should I phone in the order or ?

Thanks

chip cross 10-19-2008 08:03 AM

Does the chassis have powder coating or is it painted ?

62PYRO 10-19-2008 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chip cross (Post 1388692)
Does the chassis have powder coating or is it painted ?


Powder coat."thumbsup"

chip cross 10-19-2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62PYRO (Post 1388710)
Powder coat."thumbsup"

Thanks Pat, I guess when I get mine off to the sandblaster it will go. Then I will have it powder coated Yellow . :lol::lol::lol:

62PYRO 10-19-2008 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chip cross (Post 1388719)
Thanks Pat, I guess when I get mine off to the sandblaster it will go. Then I will have it powder coated Yellow . :lol::lol::lol:


Pink would look better.Unless you want to be like bigballer.:lol::lol:

CreepyCrawl 10-20-2008 06:26 PM

I know JP Customs has the dash components, and I saw those sweet seats somewhere a couple weeks ago, but could someone please remind me who has them...thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raul duke (Post 1386307)
Dang your fast Brian. I was gonna show him this one.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...x/IMG_2902.jpg


CreepyCrawl 10-20-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenis boy (Post 1390583)

Cool, thanks dude "thumbsup"

pigeonfarmboy 10-23-2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmuzz1 (Post 1388557)
I tried to place an order using my gift cert and the code on the back was not recognized when I went to check out, should I phone in the order or ?

Thanks

Doh missed your question. All you have to do is go further into the checkout process. There is a gift certiicate field. The coupon code field isn't the correct one.

Reef 10-23-2008 06:25 PM

FYI guys, the sticker sheets just came in. We will start shipping them out in the morning.

bmuzz1 10-23-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigeonfarmboy (Post 1394811)
Doh missed your question. All you have to do is go further into the checkout process. There is a gift certiicate field. The coupon code field isn't the correct one.

No Prob PFB...thanks for answering my question though!"thumbsup"

DISTURBIN' tha PEACE 10-24-2008 12:55 PM

How's everyone getting their steering servo to clear the frame? Mine will hit it with the servo ears & mounts while articulating.

DISTURBIN' tha PEACE 10-24-2008 01:02 PM

Another thing, for those using RC4WD shocks, what's the trick to bleeding them? I just can't seem to get all 4 the same.

pigeonfarmboy 10-24-2008 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE (Post 1396080)
How's everyone getting their steering servo to clear the frame? Mine will hit it with the servo ears & mounts while articulating.

Shouldn't have any trouble. Mine is close but does clear just fine when flexed. How wide is the servo you're using including the mounting ears? Any axle steer in your setup by chance? That could also be a culprit.

pigeonfarmboy 10-24-2008 02:10 PM

We got the sticker sheets today so we will start shipping them out!!

Thanks to all of you for being so patient with these. I hated sending stuff out incomplete but it seems like most of you appreciate the lead on build time.

DISTURBIN' tha PEACE 10-24-2008 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigeonfarmboy (Post 1396176)
Shouldn't have any trouble. Mine is close but does clear just fine when flexed. How wide is the servo you're using including the mounting ears? Any axle steer in your setup by chance? That could also be a culprit.

I'm using a 5955 w/ plastic TLT servo mounts & a TCS servo plate on Axial axles. It does clear if I compress the suspension, but not when flexed. I am also using 70 & 55mm links. I have a RCP servo mount I can try.

Which upper link mounting holes are you using on the chassis side, top, middle, or bottom?

bretkissick 10-24-2008 08:20 PM

My servo also hits when flexed.

bmuzz1 10-24-2008 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am running T-Rex 60's and had to shave the sides of the servo mount down a bit to clear the chassis and now it is fine so you may want to try that.
Attachment 79776

DISTURBIN' tha PEACE 10-25-2008 12:51 PM

Thanks gus, I switched the TSC plate to the RCP plate & now it clears much better.

thunder7845 10-26-2008 03:11 PM

Anyone else bent their lower 4 link mounts yet? So far I've bent the lower left front and the lower right rear, an no it didn't fall of a cliff or roll down a hill. Just wondering.

nmanuel01 10-26-2008 05:38 PM

I was told to added braces and have not had that problem

Going Up! 10-26-2008 10:12 PM

got a question, so no stickers come with the chassis, and the site says sticker will be ready in 2 weeks and sold seperately.

So we need to buy stickers, even though we bought the chassis and stuff? Or would they just ship at different times? I dont know, but I think having to pay for the stickers too, is a little much? Just wondering

nmanuel01 10-26-2008 10:44 PM

To my understanding they are included, and will ship when they are in stock.

Wrecker 10-27-2008 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Going Up! (Post 1399364)
got a question, so no stickers come with the chassis, and the site says sticker will be ready in 2 weeks and sold seperately.

So we need to buy stickers, even though we bought the chassis and stuff? Or would they just ship at different times? I dont know, but I think having to pay for the stickers too, is a little much? Just wondering


Stickers are included, they will ship out to you when they get them in stock. They figured they'd give you a little extra build time instead of waiting for the stickers to come in and then ship the chassis out."thumbsup"

Reef 10-27-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Going Up! (Post 1399364)
got a question, so no stickers come with the chassis, and the site says sticker will be ready in 2 weeks and sold seperately.

So we need to buy stickers, even though we bought the chassis and stuff? Or would they just ship at different times? I dont know, but I think having to pay for the stickers too, is a little much? Just wondering

The stickers shipped out today! Via USPS.

Going Up! 10-27-2008 08:17 PM

I just ordered mine maybe 10 mins ago"thumbsup""thumbsup"

Going Up! 10-30-2008 10:50 AM

I got a question, so will it work using the stock axial links, and the top links the 3 link? Thanks

Rockpiledriver 10-30-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Going Up! (Post 1404338)
I got a question, so will it work using the stock axial links, and the top links the 3 link? Thanks

Yes it will work with the three link. It all depends on the wheelbase you like and the tire size you go with. See the first post in this thread. ;-)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com