Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > RCP Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Bastard Jr. Feedback, Support, & FAQ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #121
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
The Bastard chassis works fine with the Losi the way it is.

Introducing LBJ
But the skid is so FUNNY LOOKING! and not delrin...
still want to do this SO bad!
MX70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2009, 08:05 AM   #122
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX70 View Post
But the skid is so FUNNY LOOKING! and not delrin...
still want to do this SO bad!
Gotta make do with the tools on hand. I only have a dremel, cordless drill and a bench vise. Besides I can remove 12 screws and everything can be switched over to the stock chassis.
Altered-Images is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:33 PM   #123
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altered-Images View Post
Gotta make do with the tools on hand. I only have a dremel, cordless drill and a bench vise. Besides I can remove 12 screws and everything can be switched over to the stock chassis.

My problem as well, hoping that someone comes out with a skid for the bastard or a tube chassis for losi.... still yours rocks and wayyy better than i could have done!
MX70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:54 AM   #124
RCC Addict

is this a hood thats out on the market? this is not my rig, local guys rig
Kranberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:06 AM   #125
Pebble Pounder

Nope thats my solution for the flat hood it comes with...... its just a trimmed up rockstar hood. I love the way it fits but I would like to get one of the OG hoods. If it gets messed up its going to cost a new rockstar to replace it.
HTRDDZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:40 AM   #126
Pebble Pounder

Default help

ok i have had this chassis for several months and its awesome - so i decided to make it better - i got a dna dig - cool right , well yeah i thought so untill i got to the driveshaft part - so i was running aluminum shafts well cant shorten them - out they went - got traxxas shafts with the metal ends made the front one came out great - trying to get the rear to work , yeah ok - now i'm no dummy so i decided to look it over no matter what i cant get the traxxas ones to work unless i get the rear pinion angls to point way up at the output shaft - it just seems that the traxxas shafts dont have the movement around the yoke like the aluminum ones do - so my question is what are you guys using for a rear shaft - who makes it - who might have a pic of there setup that i can look at - thanks for any help - a pic or 2 might help even more -
thanks chris
activethunderrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:00 PM   #127
RCC Addict

Still no answers on the hood?
jeeper_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #128
Pebble Pounder

still need driveshaft help for the rear
Old 07-01-2009, 05:07 PM   #129
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by activethunderrc View Post
still need driveshaft help for the rear
Can you post a picture of the problem? I know quite a few people have successfully mounted the DNA dig in the Bastard.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:32 PM   #130
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Can you post a picture of the problem? I know quite a few people have successfully mounted the DNA dig in the Bastard.
i shall try - thanks
Old 07-01-2009, 09:34 PM   #131
RCC Addict

Quote:
Can you please answer if the hoods will ever be produced? I think that has been asked more than questions about digs fitting, but continues to be unanswered...Love the product, just would like to see it dressed up
jeeper_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:18 AM   #132
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by activethunderrc View Post
ok i have had this chassis for several months and its awesome - so i decided to make it better - i got a dna dig - cool right , well yeah i thought so untill i got to the driveshaft part - so i was running aluminum shafts well cant shorten them - out they went - got traxxas shafts with the metal ends made the front one came out great - trying to get the rear to work , yeah ok - now i'm no dummy so i decided to look it over no matter what i cant get the traxxas ones to work unless i get the rear pinion angls to point way up at the output shaft - it just seems that the traxxas shafts dont have the movement around the yoke like the aluminum ones do - so my question is what are you guys using for a rear shaft - who makes it - who might have a pic of there setup that i can look at - thanks for any help - a pic or 2 might help even more -
thanks chris
You are going to want to roll your rear axle so the pinion points right at the tranny. This will alleviate the driveshaft angle and pull the driveshaft up and out of the way of the rocks.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #133
Pebble Pounder

i did do that - it just looked too far back - but with it being the rear i guess it doesent matter - i just thought it didnt look right - alos the shafts i had wouldent move all the way in 2 of the 4 ways it would move at the yolk - a small amount of dremil work and they move a lot better - just have to make longer 4 links for the rear and should be set - i will post a pic when i'm done and then you guys can tell me if its ok or not -
thanks for the help
Old 07-02-2009, 04:53 PM   #134
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper_05 View Post
Can you please answer if the hoods will ever be produced? I think that has been asked more than questions about digs fitting, but continues to be unanswered...Love the product, just would like to see it dressed up

X2! It seems to be the only question that does not get any attention lately.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #135
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper_05 View Post
If I had an answer I would tell you. The guy keeps saying soon. I don't know what else to say.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:23 AM   #136
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
ok here is a pic - it just wont seem to fit properly - i'm almost ready to ditch the dig - this whole drive shaft thing is driving me crazy - or am i over thinking - no way to mount upper 4 link with this angle - any ideas with this one thanks for any help - hopefully someone has run into this and has a fix - this pic is at full extention i run full droop but from half to full extention is where the problem lies - oh and to add to the fun - i have a comp next sunday - lol
Old 07-03-2009, 07:55 AM   #137
Keep it real

Your shocks are too long. You can add internal limiters that will keep it from drooping way out like that, I'd suggest about half the length of the shock shaft. The way you've got it setup, you'll have waaaay too much articulation;)
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:42 PM   #138
Pebble Pounder

Yeah I agree way to much droop, I bet that thing unloads like crazy on climbs. I run the short traxxas big bores with internal and external springs and mine is really stable. You got to remember with droop all your flex is down instead of up and down thats why your having such a binding issue.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:53 PM   #139
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
Your shocks are too long. You can add internal limiters that will keep it from drooping way out like that, I'd suggest about half the length of the shock shaft. The way you've got it setup, you'll have waaaay too much articulation;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by axe murderer View Post
Yeah I agree way to much droop, I bet that thing unloads like crazy on climbs. I run the short traxxas big bores with internal and external springs and mine is really stable. You got to remember with droop all your flex is down instead of up and down thats why your having such a binding issue.
would there be a chance of snapping a pic of your rigs so i could get an idea on how you guys are running tours - i now have a spare bastard chassis for mock up - thanks for the replys guys - big help -
chris
Old 07-04-2009, 12:41 AM   #140
Pebble Pounder

Mine is actually the one pictured above..... I could get some better pics for ya but I dont run a dig. I got mine tuned right how I want it at the comps I have been beating some of the bergs
(and our club has some awsome drivers) with a no dig shafty.