Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > RCP Crawlers

Notices

Thread: *** International shipping glitch fixed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default *** International shipping glitch fixed.

I have been informed by our Webmaster the International shipping is fixed.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2010, 06:34 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

What was the glitch about?
crawl rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:09 PM   #3

The glitch was the great shipping rates for International. Or at least Canada. I just received a refund for a hurtz dig mini servo bracket I bought on the weekend.

Heres a pic of the little guy.

https://rcpcrawlers.com/product.php?productid=1457

$9.99 for the part and a couple bucks to ship it. It was under $13.00. I would have gladly paid $5 - $8 for shipping even though it was tiny.

I just received this message

"Kevin, We only ship USPS Express Mail International. We had a problem with our site this week end. Sorry for the inconvenience, RCP Crawlers"

The shipping I am offered now for just the mini bracket is USPS Express Mail International ($26.95)

So this little part just went from around $13.00 to $36.94.

I am sure you have your reasons for charging so much to most international destinations, but we are right next door and I receive priority mail all the time from the USA which is trackable. For such a small item (probably smaller than most of the keys on my key chain) I couldn't justify buying from you at this time. Now there is nowhere for me to get a descent deal on this. Everyone is charging at least double the cost of the part in shipping.

I am a little more than disappointed. I am sure you are terrific sellers and shipping is dirt cheap if you live in the USA. Why the high shipping? I just bought from two sellers that are advertised here on RCC and paid no where near that. One of the packages was huge with a full set of rovers in it, a screw kit with a big case and other parts. I paid no more than $18 and it was 3.8 pounds. It arrived in just over a week.

I don't expect you to change anything and I'm sure you don't need to explain yourselves. I just needed to say that. I will be deleting my account.

Thanks for reading
Kev
i2oadsweepei2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Hi Kevin,

You should copy this e-mail and send it to USPS. They make the rules we have to abide by them.

The option you chose was only activated by mistake when the problem was found and fixed. Sorry about that but First-class has again been disabled like it always has.

There are many reasons we do not ship first-class international. One is size limits. Your item would have made it, but the other 3 orders we received over the weekend, ( also refunded ) did not meet the minimum size. Second and more important is the fact that we have no insurance options of any kind with first-class. Third and most importantly, First-class requires us to physically take the package to the post office, stand in a long line, and fill out the shipping documents and customs forms at the desk. Just those 3 things would require over 1 hour of labor, gas, and pay for an employee. As an example, the cost for us to merely process your $9.99 cent part would not only cost more than our profit margin, it would cost us more than the entire $9.99 cost of the part you ordered.

We don't mind small profit margins, but as I am sure you can understand we can not, and will not sell products at a loss.

I will look into other options.

Hope that helps.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
Hi Kevin,

You should copy this e-mail and send it to USPS. They make the rules we have to abide by them.

The option you chose was only activated by mistake when the problem was found and fixed. Sorry about that but First-class has again been disabled like it always has.

There are many reasons we do not ship first-class international. One is size limits. Your item would have made it, but the other 3 orders we received over the weekend, ( also refunded ) did not meet the minimum size. Second and more important is the fact that we have no insurance options of any kind with first-class. Third and most importantly, First-class requires us to physically take the package to the post office, stand in a long line, and fill out the shipping documents and customs forms at the desk. Just those 3 things would require over 1 hour of labor, gas, and pay for an employee. As an example, the cost for us to merely process your $9.99 cent part would not only cost more than our profit margin, it would cost us more than the entire $9.99 cost of the part you ordered.

We don't mind small profit margins, but as I am sure you can understand we can not, and will not sell products at a loss.

I will look into other options.

Hope that helps.
Of course I understand. I didn't post here to get help from you or USPS. Nor to cause you grief. I posted just because I was annoyed at the situation. It is clear that the two of us doing business just isn't in the cards on smaller ticket items. Thank you for helping me explain the situation.

Kev
i2oadsweepei2 is offline   Reply With Quote