Notices

Thread: ***RCP Crawlers TLT CVD axle pre-sale***

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2007, 11:15 AM   #201
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorsteenster View Post
dont forget the center pin

I remembered to put mine in, but what problems arise if it isn't used? I'm curious as I haven't used it in previous builds of my clod axles with TT CVD's and aluminum locker. The reason I didn't/couldn't use the center pin was because the center hole on the locker wasn't big enough and the center pin wouldn't fit...

Just curious what the drawbacks are for not using the center pin...The axles seem to still have all the support they need without it...
wyattburp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2007, 12:02 PM   #202
Quarry Creeper

Smile order tlt cvd's

ihope you got 1or2 left and please don't use signature on fedx or i'll have to drive over 80 miles to pick it up, because i work 10 hr days
bktoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:10 PM   #203
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyattburp View Post
I remembered to put mine in, but what problems arise if it isn't used? I'm curious as I haven't used it in previous builds of my clod axles with TT CVD's and aluminum locker. The reason I didn't/couldn't use the center pin was because the center hole on the locker wasn't big enough and the center pin wouldn't fit...
Just curious what the drawbacks are for not using the center pin...The axles seem to still have all the support they need without it...
honestly i'm not sure, but as long as i can remember, there have been the aligning pins. i guess its somthing to keep them aligned, especially under power or stress where they could get out of line and/or woble and reek all sorts of havoc in the drivetrain.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:09 PM   #204
Oppan Gangnam Style

The pins that go through the shafts help keep them aligned and prolong the life of the splines in the diff side gears.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:16 PM   #205

guys, i built the cvds fine but dont know what those silver 1/2'' spacers do...somene send me a link to theinstruction sheet...thanks
rc_phanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:24 PM   #206
Oppan Gangnam Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_phanatic View Post
guys, i built the cvds fine but dont know what those silver 1/2'' spacers do...somene send me a link to theinstruction sheet...thanks
You mean the round ones that have the same I.D. as the hexes? they go on the outside of the wheel if you are using the stock width hexes.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:29 PM   #207

thanks, by the way...does it make sense to use stock width in the rear with a wide front end....ive heard it does some good....
Old 04-28-2007, 01:35 PM   #208
Oppan Gangnam Style

It depends on many variables and personal preference. I like mine the same width front and rear.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:42 PM   #209

last q, i run with some friends at orchard beach...salt water. I just looked at the old bearings i had in the axles when i took them apart...(in the knuckles) they were all coroded...do u know what size the mip bearings are so i can by spares....they should be _ x 11x4's
Old 04-28-2007, 03:24 PM   #210
Oppan Gangnam Style

I believe the magic number you are looking for is 6. I thoroughly clean everything after I play in salt water. That is the worst thing for anything metal. Anti-sieze, WD-40 and complete teardowns are paramount in keeping a crawler at the top of its game.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:49 PM   #211
Rock Crawler

if you look back on the first page i was like the fourth person to pre-order!! and still haven't got them:-( anybody else in oregon get them yet?? i'm not sure were there shipping them from. i wish i had them i have a comp tomorrow!
scuzzy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:51 PM   #212
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzzy51 View Post
if you look back on the first page i was like the fourth person to pre-order!! and still haven't got them:-( anybody else in oregon get them yet?? i'm not sure were there shipping them from. i wish i had them i have a comp tomorrow!
I live in WA and got mine already, did you check to see if you got a redilevery tag cause you'll have to sing for them.
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 04:22 PM   #213
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIKES2CRAWL View Post
I live in WA and got mine already, did you check to see if you got a redilevery tag cause you'll have to sing for them.

I'm in Oregon and got mine yesterday. I sure didn't have to sing for mine, but a signature was required
wyattburp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 04:40 PM   #214
Rock Crawler

I went this morning and there wasn't anything and then I just checked the online status and it says they made it. Guess I went to earlyer this morning
I know what I'll be doing the second I get out of my first class on monday morning
TxCruzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:13 PM   #215
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadtj View Post
I would like to buy some spare parts for these. Any thoughts on if you might offer that?

I would like:

New joint pins (incase I lose or break one)
extra bearings (for spares)
Maybe the drive pins as well

Please let me kow if you will be offering any parts.

Thanks

DE
Yes we will be offering parts.

Thanks for all the kind words guys, we are stoked you like the CVD's.

On the RC4WD beadlocks.... as many of you know the specs on these wheels change from time to time. As was pointed out above, the hex depth on some wheels are different then others. We also noticed that some RC4WD beadlocks have an undersized hex. In this case you just need to file or sand the flats on the RCP CVD hex until they fit.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:18 PM   #216
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino63 View Post
You mean the round ones that have the same I.D. as the hexes? they go on the outside of the wheel if you are using the stock width hexes.

Hey Dean since you have them mounted, are you suppose to cut Part "D" shorter to fit. As on my 1.9 beadlocks Part "D" is to long even with the spacer it sticks out past the Hex and Spacer together about another 1/8" or so. Which I don't quite understand the reason for the spacer as it makes it the same width as the Wide Hex then. Am I missing something? I would like to mount them up to my wheels but at this point it doesn't look like they will work.
Can someone tell me if the Knuckle shaft is suppose to go through the wheel or should it stop on the back side of the wheel? I don't want to bore out the aluminum as then the bolt will actually go through the wheel. And the washer wont fit behind my Cap on the wheels I have.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Eviltwin_52s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:48 PM   #217
TEAM RCC

would like to get a pair of cvds have any more
bcrofts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:58 PM   #218
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrofts View Post
would like to get a pair of cvds have any more
Yes, we have more. They are going up on the website.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:09 PM   #219
Keep it real

Went to the post office today and picked ours up.
I wish I hadn't missed the mailman on friday, as my daughter broke 2 outer stubs at the comp on sunday. Man that mocha I stepped out for which caused me to miss the mailman, is looking a lot more expensive now.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:16 PM   #220
I wanna be Dave

One suggestion I would make. All other CVDs I've ever had before came with grease if we had to put them together. Include a little pack of it next time so we don't prematurely wear them out.

Remember kids, there's always time for lube!
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote