Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: R.E.C.O.N. G6 Challenge "Joker's Wild" @ Cisco Grove, CA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 12:42 PM   #241
Pebble Pounder

Does any one know who one the poker run?
rockwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2011, 01:00 PM   #242
I wanna be Dave

I heard that some one got four 3 for the winning hand.
MR.VERTICAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #243
I wanna be Dave

I heard somebody got DQ'd and smashed their rig? What was that all about?
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #244
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker View Post
I witnessed someone throw a tissy fit. I'm not sure what his issue was, but it was embarrassing to see a grown man act like that.

Last edited by Skeeno; 08-02-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #245
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
I witnessed someone throw a tissy fit. I'm not sure what his issue was, but it was embarrassing to see a grown man act like that.
I think was the guy that john was teamed with. it was ugly
rockwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #246
I wanna be Dave

YAH SEEN HIM JUST THROW THAT POOR LITTLE HONCHO THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT! YOU HAVE KIDS THERE TOO,
zonkerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #247
Rock Crawler

WHAT !!! I missed this....WTF.....SH@#.....F@#*..... I HATE YOU .... STUPID RC....WTF !!!

Last edited by DORK VADER; 08-02-2011 at 11:51 PM.
DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #248
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker View Post
my stage buddy was not having a fun day and i didn't think he was going to get through the 1st stage we ran. after our second stage i was shown course marker #46 which we both missed and by the rules you either get back on the clock or DNF, when i informed him of what happened it was the icing on the cake for him and i think he lost it. i was trying to figure out with Parker what to do and missed what happened. no excuse but i've been there, done that also, the idiot i am.

this is not the 1st time i've DNF'ed for missing a marker and not wanting to get back on the clock to fix it. after walking the 175 marker stage Parker saw evidence of other gates maybe missed by drivers and is trying to come up with something to eliminate this from happening. it will still be on your honor as always in a G6, maybe just checking off each gate as you go through them on the scorecard.

as a driver it is my responsibility to run the markers in order and not miss any, it's hard too remember what marker you just went through with so many. as a stage buddy i'm trying to get my driver through all the markers in order and not miss any by staying ahead, looking for the next marker and making sure to stay close in case they need my help. a stage buddy is not a judge and if you call your own penalties, which is a no brainer in a G6, i will be at the next marker as you drive through the previous one to get you around faster.

Bruce P. from RC Country won the poker run with 4 3s and a cool $100 for the day. way to go Bruce and thanks for the chassis Parker gave away.

hope too see everyone at the next one
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #249
Rock Crawler

That was me..My apologies to all..I was essentially suffering from heat exhaustion..I thought I had brought enough fluids with me but I did not and I suffered hard. My brain was boiled and I ended up acting stupid.
Once again my apologies to all..I'm not happy with myself and I guess I will not participate again. I'm too embarrassed show up again anyways..Sorry
on a lighter note my Honcho is fine..Had a couple of broken rod ends thats all..

Sorry...................................
Norcal_GIT_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:14 PM   #250
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal_GIT_r View Post
That was me..My apologies to all..I was essentially suffering from heat exhaustion..I thought I had brought enough fluids with me but I did not and I suffered hard. My brain was boiled and I ended up acting stupid.
Once again my apologies to all..I'm not happy with myself and I guess I will not participate again. I'm too embarrassed show up again anyways..Sorry
on a lighter note my Honcho is fine..Had a couple of broken rod ends thats all..

Don't worry man. We all have our days.
Just don't let the one bad day ruin the rest of your G6 and scalin' fun

Sounds like the Poker hand was a cool thing to throw in this G6
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:43 PM   #251
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Yeah, dont let it get to ya too much. I've had those moments where that 50 amp breaker in your head trips and you end up going batshit. A friend of mine broke his toe after he kicked his truck after a comp.( got pretty good distance, too.)
I've chucked my radio on more than one occasion, and I hit the wall at the Pyramid Lake G6, I just quit, sat in my chair and pouted like some 5 yr old. Not my proudest moment.

Anyway, dont let it keep you away from the next one, and remember the G6 is all about Mov'in On !
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #252
RCC Addict

Quote:

Same as everyone one else said. This format is about driving and having fun. yeah I like a scale comp once and a while but if there is a g6 on the same day as a 3 6 minute course comp you know where I'm going. Shake it off, get your rig ready and show up and run It takes about 2-3 "real" g6's to really understand what parker and recon want's to do. Bottom line is having fun. See you at the next one
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #253
RCC Addict

Quote:

dude u dont know what a bad day was forgot to put nut on spear gear made it to gate 3. dnf next course lipo fire by the water so missing a marker no big deal
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #254
RCC Addict

thanks john
Old 08-02-2011, 07:49 PM   #255
I wanna be Dave

dont worry everone has a bad one. just give that honcho sum love nowsee you at the next one.
zonkerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #256

I agree, don't let this one incident stop you from coming out and participating in the g6 events. Things happen and this is no big deal. Worse things can happen I'm sure. I was driving the barbie mobile and the rig broke on the 3rd gate. A few gates later the electronics went out. I'm glad I stayed and fixed it because I had a lot of fun and a great workout!

See ya all at the next g6!

Rich
hellbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:08 PM   #257
I wanna be Dave

Default R.E.C.O.N. G6 Challenge "Joker's Wild" Recap

I knew immediately after the National Anthem started and the goose bumps raced down my arms and up my neck like a million little tazers that this was going to be a G6 not soon forgotten.

The R.E.C.O.N. G6 Challenge™ “Joker’s Wild” was, well W-I-L-D! There is no other way to describe it. Forty G6’ers from Nor-Cal and Nevada gathered at Cisco Grove Campground nestled in the Sierra Nevada Mountains to get their scaler fix in a RECON G6.

The G-Train runs on “Parker Time”. Unlike day light savings time, Parker Time is like beach-thirty; we’re not leaving the sand as long as there is bikinis and surf. Most will tell you that Parker Time is 3hrs and 17 minutes later than what I say; they might be right. We pull into Cisco Grove and Zonkered cooked us up some of the best kabobs that I’ve ever had. After we ate, Sumquak, Unibomber, and myself headed to the river to prep the optional time bonus. We get back around 2330hrs and Zonkered; Big Joe Duckslayer kept me company as I prepped Poochie, my Axial Wraith, for my daughter to drive in the Joker’s Wild G6.

As with most G6’s, the exact location is not announced until 24hrs prior to the stage start and the location for the Joker’s Wild G6 was no exception. G-Central was just up from the Yuba River and setting up the 3 stages was arduous, to say the least, but in true G6 style, all drivers were ready to hear the most famous words in the G6, “Drivers, light your lipos”!

Oh my, if we all knew what the Joker had in store for each one of us, maybe, just maybe, I would have exited the tent on the other side. For me, the Joker’s Wild G6 was not receptive to TM’s and over 80% of the TM’s had to held up be rocks. This took awhile, but we who live the G6 lifestyle don’t give up easy. Actually, no G6’er wants to take the walk of shame back to G-Central, but it has become a rite of passage on your way to becoming an OG6’er.

Several drivers; 20 % to be more exact, took the G6 walk of shame, but not by choice, the RECON G6 Challenge™ “Joker’s Wild”, just surpassed the RECON G6 Challenge™ “Gambler’s Paradise” held in Las Vegas, NV. Drivers were returning from every stage with melted electronics, broken axels, exploded lipo’s, and grenaded transmissions. Some drivers went right to wrenching, while others continued to cheer on the remaining drivers and/or stage buddy, but it wasn’t just the G-Rides that were melting in the California sun, we even had a driver melt down. That driver does express the sincerest of apologies and this matter has been resolved. Remember Drivers, any questions that a driver may have about an on stage problem, ask me. We have a set of guidelines to drive by, but during a G6 stage, anything can happen and I am the one to ask for a resolution. I want every driver to do their best and have fun.

The Main Stage saw 175 TM’s and almost 2 miles long. Drivers faced a stage rich in adventure and a first, a mid stage Axial Pro Pit. This mid stage pit allowed drivers to refuel, use the restroom, repair rigs, or just receive encouragement from the crowd. Drivers faced the first ever mandatory driver’s challenge where drivers had the opportunity to score a 5, 3, or 1 minute time bonus at the RECON Rifle Range.

Stage 2, the first of the Sub-Stages, was dubbed the “float your boat” stage. G6’ers know to read each requirement pertaining to each G6, because requirements change and there is always some highly recommended extras that some drivers entertain, while others are learn the on stage cry of every G6’er; “F-ing Parker”, in the purest complimentary way, of course. This 50 TM sub stage featured some of the best polished river rock west of the Mississippi River and a time bonus that allowed drivers with a scale boat to float down the river. If a driver did not have a scale boat, they drove a meticulous route through sand, rock, mud, and water. One G6 virgin earned major scale cred for showing up with a 40 mph boat on an awesome homemade trailer. It didn’t fair very well, but mad props for showing up with brass cahonies and attempting to pull a 2 ft cigar boat thru a G6 stage.

The last sub stage put the joker in the Joker’s Wild G6. Dubbed the “breakout stage”, a G6’er had to hit a target time or be penalized for being too early or too late. Prior to finishing this stage, drivers had to hook to the newest staple in a RECON G6 Challenge™, the G-Tug pull sled. Thank you again, Tim Terry, for providing this great addition to the G6.

After all the smoke settled from all the torched electronics, Justin Halbohm, Sam Trujillo, and James Skiles rounded out the podium. Great driving gentlemen and a job well done and good luck in the next G6. Bruce Peage won the poker run with quad 3’s. Bruce was dealt the hand and his response when asked if he wanted to discard was awesome. Bruce took home a c-note for doing so well on the poker run challenge of the Joker’s Wild G6. As for the rest of the G6’ers that pushed their G-Rides and themselves to new limits, I’m proud of each and every one of you. All of you should be very proud of yourselves as well, the RECON G6 Challenge™ “Joker’s Wild” is the most grueling G6 Challenge to date!

The RECON G6 Challenge™ is proud to have some of the greatest sponsors in the business and we appreciate everything that you do for the G-Crew to board the G-Train and bring every G6’er their fix in a RECON G6. I want to say thank you Bruce for donating your latest and greatest creations for the scale scene. I want to thank RC Country for the gift certificates. I want to thank Dean Hsiao for donating one of the brightest scale light bars in the industry. I want to thank Sam Trujillo for donating one of his Rock Armor bumpers.

I want give a special thank you to Axial Racing and Vanquish Products for your contributions and support of every RECON G6 Challenge™.

When the G-Train boards again and heads to a location near you, come get your scaler fix in a RECON G6!

Special thanks to PLE Engineering for donating a very vital G6 scale item; sandramps! Thank you SumquaK, your awesome!

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 08-02-2011 at 10:25 PM.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #258
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Once again my apologies to all..I'm not happy with myself and I guess I will not participate again. I'm too embarrassed show up again
First, this matter was delt with in a professional manner or in my southern slang, behind closed doors. As will anyone else who has one of those unsportsmanlike moments.

Second, Norcal_GIT_r, by manning up in a public forum with a heartfelt apology is what makes a G6'er. You, my friend, get it. I applaude your professionalism and in keeping with the G6 lifestyle, we will see you back at the next G6 to complete every stage. That is just what we do; complete the challenge and deal with the adversity.

I am honored to tag drivers such as BrokenNib and FVRR with OG6'er status. FVRR, for the first time ever, completed every stage in a G6 and it just so happened to be the most gruelling G6 to date...

BrokenNib, pushes my favorite G-Ride of all time beyond it's breaking point at every G6 and like he stated, the Tufa Trials was his acheleas heel, but BrokinNib eats, sleeps, and breathes the G6 lifestyle and came back stronger at the next G6.

Cudos to every other G6'er that has expressed their support for a fellow G6'er. We don't want to see that type of behavior at a G6, but we won't send you to exile island for it either.

Take the slap on the wrist and hope that the next skill challenge won't be having to go pick your own switch and bring it back to me at G-Central!

Now come get your redemption scale fix at the next RECON G6!
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:38 PM   #259
RCC Addict

ok parker when is the next one will have my wraith ready picked it up last night thanks big joe
Old 08-02-2011, 10:40 PM   #260
RCC Addict

http://youtu.be/eMUlNacA5II

Someone embed this for me.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/recon-g6/325622-r-e-c-o-n-g6-challenge-jokers-wild-%40-cisco-grove-ca.html
Posted By For Type Date
Axial Racing - The AXIAL Geocache #3 – Found! This thread Refback 03-05-2013 10:08 AM
Axial Racing - AXIAL PRESENTS R.E.C.O.N. G6 Challenge Joker’s Wild 2011 This thread Refback 02-18-2013 04:04 PM
AXIAL PRESENTS R.E.C.O.N. G6 Challenge Joker’s Wild 2011 Post #0 Refback 10-05-2011 01:17 PM