Notices

Thread: RECON G6 Challenge "Embrace the Suck" Jan 28th Nor-Cal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 09:16 PM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RECON G6 Challenge "Embrace the Suck" Jan 28th Nor-Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobflyin View Post
Well after my 1st G6 all I can say is thanks to Recon, and Parker for alot of work that you guys do so we can have a blast. My Uncle who is only home for 3 month a year is hoping that you are going to have one every month he is back in town next year !!!!! He is hooked.

I learned alot from this run my truck worked great but you have to get out in front of all the road blocks and stuck people to finish on time.

Thank you to all that make this G6 happen.
I really look forward to spending time with you and your Dad on the rocks. I can't tell you how cool it was to meet Uncle Paul. He drove the wheels off that Blazer and you let me know when he's home and I can make sure that he gets 3 G6's while he's home!!!!

Do Work, G6'er!
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #102
Rock Stacker

Had a blast at my first recon g6! Felt great to finish that awesome course. Thanks to Parker and crew for a great time! Cant wait for the next one..i already feel like i need another fix in a recon g6!
code red13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:16 AM   #103
Rock Crawler

I think we have missed only 4 other G6 events and the feeling embraces the suck every time.

Sorry we missed the G train...Looks like we missed a great event as always.

I was pumped for the Ultra Driver class, sounded like skinny pedal madness.

Hope you guys all had a good time.
DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Arrow Re: RECON G6 Challenge "Embrace the Suck" Jan 28th Nor-Cal

Well G6r's, I hope you had as much fun as I had!!!

Parker, I absolutely love the 2012 rules and guidelines posting. The new classes are great! I also love the loss of the buddy winch
It was sick watching some of the ultra 1.9 drivers trying to endure, and it was really awesome running the "non existant" 2.2 Ultra with Thom K! Two laps of running full speed wraith's with Thom is what I need twice a week to get in tip top condition Even it if the second lap is just for fun Tom

The B.C. type mossy, creviced, vertical drop, terrain was sick!

The Swampy Bog was Sooooo Nasty, in such a good way !!!

The Ice was Soooo Nice

The trails were endless, and who would want them to end

The Groundskeeper Approved

Blue TM48 was Bear Scat - er - ific

Brad got his new chassis

We Honored the Troops, and "Embraced the Suck"

Elio won one of his own trophies - Too Cool

Angel celebrated her B-Day "G6 Style"

Sorry for the delay on pics too G6r's. As you know, we were not only on an adventure. We were also on a mission to extract troops that were over run by guerrilla forces while on a covert mission high in the mountains. While running somewhere in the 2.2 bonus section, i was approached by a run down navy seal by the name of "Bo" who was in desperate need of ammo, water, and food - in that order, he said. Luckily my driver is an active navy seal and had ammo for him. We did have a run in with a handful of guerilla troops, but after a hectic firefight, we took them out.
You know, I offered "Bo" a seat inside of the "Deathmobile", but he insisted on riding turret style and manning the winch line for the rest of my run. Truthfully though, I believe he was just itching to get at least one more enemy in his sights before heading back to base. He was a great help for the remainder of the day, and we had a few beers before dropping him off at his extraction coordinates. So again, sorry for the delay on pics guys. Duty called

Last edited by Rig Rocker; 01-31-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:07 PM   #105
Rock Stacker

Great pics Rig Rocker; feel free to run with me anytime!
Thom K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:30 PM   #106
Rock Crawler

Good lookin pics!
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Great re-cap and pics, rig rocker. I think that makes one of the sh!tiest trail markers of all time.

At least we know the bear is eating healthy!

Angela kicked a$$, as usual and seeing everyone reach for the sky and spread some thighs doing jumping jacks was great!

A little PT to help embrace the suck put a smile on my face.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #108
I wanna be Dave

nice pics man!
zonkerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:03 PM   #109
Rock Stacker

Sick pics rig rocker!
code red13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:11 AM   #110
Rock Crawler

How come B-rad still does not have a complete rig ??

I thought we took care of this along time ago.

What else is needed to get it rolling ??

Nice photos Clint. Thanks.

Last edited by DORK VADER; 02-01-2012 at 07:28 AM.
DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #111
Rock Crawler

That was such a blast!!! We have G6'ed all over the west and Sugar Pine Res. has to be one of my favorites!!! It was so much fun driving with my son and talking to friends on the trail!

Thanks Clint, I wish I would have had more time to b.s. with you and Angela. I missed Marley, maybe next time.

That's why I was so pissed, that's the rig that was given to me by AXIAL! They gave Cole and I each Honcho's and Cole is still rockin his plastic linked box stock rig!

Unfortunatly Nabil had a rig for me but we weren't able to go to the Utah State Championships to pick it up. He was going to send it but I'm not sure what happened. I'm sure he is busy.

A huge thank you to Bruce Pease, this new chassis is BAD A$$!!! I can't wait to get it back together(it's in the paint shop) and see how she handles.

I also have a body coming from Rick! He has been trying to get this thing off the ground and I owe him big! Thanks Rick.

And again, thanks to everybody that comes out to support the G6!!!

Last edited by chasinbaja; 02-01-2012 at 10:27 AM.
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #112
RCC Addict

b rad it was good to see you out looking for a can of driver
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #113
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan wilson View Post
b rad it was good to see you out looking for a can of driver
Thanks Dan! I just remembered where I left it, at your MOMS house yo!!!!
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

Oh snap
See65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #115
I wanna be Dave

The RECON G6 Challenge has bridged the gap between reality and scale in a way that no other r/c event has done. The adventure that a driver faces during a stage is ever changing. Whether it's assisting a fellow G6'er or driving into the unknown; alone with your imagination and the suspense of what is around the next corner. The "Embrace the Suck" G6 was put on in honor of Jason Catpwred Brown and all the men and women of our Armed Forces that fight for our freedom. This is a recap is cocked, locked, and ready to rock!

The Embrace the Suck G6 lived up to its name months ago. Dropping 270 trail markers requires a little planning and I am very thankful that Catpwred and Crawler13 and Miner Mike did some great intel gathering on various locations, which ultimately landed us at Sugar Pine Reservoir. This location was the best G6 DZ, (drop zone), that I could've asked for and with a lot of bear tracks and fresh bear scat in the soon to be stage area, we may find the answer to the question; Is an Axial SCX-10 Honcho faster than a berry intoxicated bear?

53 G6'ers followed the twisted tarmac through the beautiful Tahoe National Forest and found themselves at the start line of the first RECON G6 of the year. The absence of the "stage buddy" and the addition of classes has me giddy with excitement. 53 G6'ers, some virgins, are ALL lined up waiting to start. The National Anthem has ended, Jason Brown has spoken the most famous words in the RECON G6 Challenge, "Drivers, light your lipos", and the Ultra Drivers are ready to drive 420 trailmarkers. (insert any Mendicino County reference here). LOL.

The Ultra Drivers bolted into adventure and wasted no time poping the cherry on a new class. Thom K, Sam Trujillio, his son Andrew Trujillio, Jason Greer, and class favorite and new daddy, Mike Phamtacular Pham. If you like your G6 with a huge dash of speed, then come out and haul ass in the RECON G6 Ultra Class!

Here are the results of the first ever Ultra Class.

The Team Challenge saw two young drivers share an Axial Wraith in their first ever RECON G6 Challenge. Devon and CJ set out on an adventure, that adventure was to drive through adversity. Adversity is French for a grenaded transmission, but that did not keep the smiles from their faces or taking home a Zonkered Award. Great Job, boys and we will see you getting your scaler fix in the next RECON G6!

The Adventurist Class of the RECON G6 Challenge featured an extra 50 trail markers that pushed the G6 Adventurist futher into the Tahoe National Forests natural beauty. That is, ofcourse, if you define beauty as mud, ice, and moss.

On the stage, when a driver found themselves in need of a little help, G6'ers were never too far away nor in that big of a hurry to help anyone out.

Just like any good military themed event, having good camo is always important.

The Adventurist Class Driver collected G-Tags along the stage. The more letters they found and if they found them in order, the G-Tags spelled out the sentence, "All gave some". A driver that could finish the phrase recieved a time bonus. One driver solved the phrase, Eric O'Brien knew that "some gave all" and he was awarded a time bonus which turned into a Zonker Award. Drivers faced one stage with different sections and everyone had 4 hours to complete the stage. The stage tamed some G6'ers, while others completed the task at hand. One driver, Deanna Hupp, gathered up some fishing line that cut her driveline in half, but her ace mechanic, Richard Fleming, got her Axial Samuri Stage Assassin back on stage, unfortunatly they both came up 10 mins shy of finishing. Brokennib and Big Bill gave the stage hell, only to miss the finish by 4 mins. Great effort from all the drivers that fell to the stage cut off time.

Here are the results;

Every driver had to find an army man to finish, because in the Embrace the Suck G6, no man gets left behind. We celebrated Angela Hill's Birthday and I was honored to find out that a special anniversary was being celebrated, as well. A G6'er had open heart surgery a year ago and he was celebrating by driving in his first RECON G6 Challenge. Catpwred also drove in his first G6 and I think the mandatory 25 jumping jacks was a walk in the park.

The RECON G6 Challenge is motivational to some, inspirational to others, but to me its an adventure addiction that blurs the lines of reality and scale in to a renniassance of fun. Define what the RECON G6 Challenge means to you, come get your scaler fix, in a RECON G6!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #116
I wanna be Dave

The fastest growing class in the RECON G6 Challenge is the Wraith / 2.2 Class. Dan Wilson has been on a reign of terror with "The Wraith", as his Axial Wraith has dominated the class for the last 3 G6's. Dan showed up at the Embrace the Suck G6 ready to make a statement, but there was some heavy hitters that planned on putting a kink in Dans domination.

Elio Diande retro fitted AR-60 axles under his SCX-10, which reminded me of this OG Bender build;

Project Wroncho Video

Elio has a talent for prepping SCX-10 based Ford lexan to handle everything that a RECON G6 is known to dish out, but could he and the rest of the Wraith / 2.2 Class stop Dan.

Rig Rocker's Axial Wraith has been G-Rated and is always a contender and let's not count out Big Joe Duck Slayer who is coming off a great driving performance in the RCOTC. This is going to be a class to watch.

As they class to off, Dan showed off his driving talent as he saved a 9 ft bicycling Wraith and as soon as all four tires hit the ground, he was off again like a prom dress at midnight.

The Wraith / 2.2 Class has remained an adventure class with special driving skills tests as well as driver challenges and the ever present break out time, but as fast as this class is growing, there may just be a Wraith Ultra Driver class just around the corner.

Here are the results;

I had 3 drivers volunteer to run multiple classes as a test to see if this could be offered at future G6's. A healthy thank you goes to Axial Team Driver Thom KoWatch, Elio Diande, and Rick Mercado. Thom K. drove the Ultra Driver Class and then lit the lipos to his Axial Wraith; while Elio and Rick drove in the Wraith / 2.2 Class and then ran the 1.9 Adventurist class. All three drivers completed both classes in the 4 hour stage time. This was a very impressive task and not for every driver, but a driver that would like to run a 1.9 and a 2.2 class may just have that option in the near future.

Thank you G-Crew, Brad and Cole, and Stuart. A special thanks to Tree and Zonkered for their help. Thank you Axial Racing, Vanquish Products, BPC, Rock Armor RC, Thom K., Big Bill, & all of our CA local hobby shops. I am honored and very thankful for all your support.

Attention all Wraith owners, come see why the Wraith / 2.2 Class is the fastest growing class in the RECON G6 and we will see you getting your scaler fix in a RECON G6!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #117
RCC Addict

AND I was just test fitting my training wheels today

fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #118
RCC Addict

lets do it 2.2 drivers
Old 02-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #119
RCC Addict

and parker look 9 out of 10 wraiths finshed and when is the next one hurry up and tell us
Old 02-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan wilson View Post
and parker look 9 out of 10 wraiths finshed and when is the next one hurry up and tell us

Actually 10 out of 11 finished. Thom K drove the pee beat out of his Axial Wraith and I believed he said he only winched at a few areas.

If you want your Wraith to turn on a dime, just add these...

axial wraith steering knuckles

xr10, xr-10, axial,

I'm sure your gonna want some redemption at the next G6.

Do Work, Wraith Driver!

RECON G6 Challenge "Embrace the Suck" Jan 28th Nor-Cal - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RECON G6 Challenge "Birthday Bash" Dec. 3, 2011 DRIVNMF Recon G6 531 12-29-2011 10:43 AM
RECON G6 Challenge "Mayberry Redemption" DRIVNMF Recon G6 67 04-20-2011 01:05 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "Love of Rock" DRIVNMF Nevada 0 01-30-2011 06:41 PM
"Hobbytown USA presents "The City Crawlers Challenge"" Mr Glassman Colorado 304 12-04-2010 08:56 PM
Twisted Crawlers June 28th "PIZZA" Party Comp twistedone Michigan 37 06-30-2009 11:17 PM