Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: RECON G6 Challenge "The Homecoming"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #81
Rock Stacker

Default Re: RECON G6 Challenge "The Homecoming"

Here's some picks (mostly of my rig...) but also some short course action. Now that I'm driving full time I've got less time for pics.

G6 - Homecoming pictures by Brad_Maberto - Photobucket
maberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #82
RCC Addict

WHAT..... no halfcab catapult?
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

thanks g crew had a great time!!! the tunnels were spookey
zonkerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #84
RCC Addict

Thanks again G6 for a great time, I don't know how you all do it, talk about dedication. we just got back from Axial Fest and your hard at it again....THANK YOU

Name:  DSC01858 (2).jpg
Views: 742
Size:  80.3 KB

Name:  DSC01872 (2).jpg
Views: 816
Size:  149.4 KB

Name:  DSC01874 (2).jpg
Views: 732
Size:  147.2 KB

Name:  DSC01876 (2).jpg
Views: 678
Size:  147.0 KB

Name:  DSC01883 (2).jpg
Views: 760
Size:  119.8 KB

Name:  DSC01884 (2).jpg
Views: 690
Size:  116.7 KB

Name:  DSC01867 (2).jpg
Views: 647
Size:  111.2 KB

Name:  DSC01869 (2).jpg
Views: 785
Size:  125.5 KB

& the Tunnel............tooo cool where else can you go crawl your scaler in a tunnel with 1:1 go flying by & the view when you come out of the tunnels

Name:  DSC01889 (2).jpg
Views: 681
Size:  105.4 KB

Name:  DSC01891 (2).jpg
Views: 665
Size:  87.6 KB
prusik333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #85
Quarry Creeper

the night course was soooo sic i had soooo much fun, put my rig threw a test!! please come back and do this every month! thanks AXIAL! and thanks to the GREY BASTERD and his wench! even if you rig weighs slightly less then dark matter
trig n tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig n tahoe View Post
the night course was soooo sic i had soooo much fun, put my rig threw a test!! please come back and do this every month! thanks AXIAL! and thanks to the GREY BASTERD and his wench! even if you rig weighs slightly less then dark matter
Thanks guys, it was an honor to roll with the "Truckee crew"
That was a loooong hike last night, and I have a feeling I missed the last five trailmarkers, looked like everybody went to bed by the time I came waddling in.
But what an awesome day, the courses went great, the tunnels were properly insane. (theyre spooky enough in the daytime, but at 11:00 pm the wierdness gets a little more intense. felt like I was in a coal mine )
Parker and the boys never disappoint, Thanks guys for a fantastic day.
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #87
Pebble Pounder

hi its rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #88

Here are my pic's of my weekend at the Donner Ski Ranch G6 challenge and 1 to 1 rock crawler event . This was an Awsome weekend G6'n and watching the real deal witch was action packed!!! I want to Thank all of the G CREW for putting on another awsome scale event you guys and gals ROCL!!!! Saturday started with a hay bail ride on a trailer to the top of the hill where the 1 to 1's were getting set up for a full day of crawling as we were getting our rigs ready for stage 1 of the donner Ski Ranch G6 witch was 180 gates all super scale and very fun and challenging gate winding us around the boundaries for the 1 to 1's witch made it hard not to stop and watch some real comp action. The Second stage of the G6 was a night stage held in the old train tunnels that run from Sacramento to Reno this was not just a couple hundred yards this was 2 miles of G6'n in the pitch black train tunnels threw a hole new element into night crawling and doing a G6 where nothing should surprise you but it always does thanks Brian and the whole G6 crew. Sunday was the G6 Rock Riot witch was also held just outside the boundaries of the 1 to 1 courses and was set up awsome i had never run a Rock Riot but watched the one at Axial Fest and it looked like a very fun way to comp with out thew stress so i gave it a try with my scaled out wraith and ended up with a First Place finish witch was super cool!!! Donner Ski Ranch G6 Challenge 7 7 2012 pictures by minifun_photos - Photobucket.
HB_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #89
Jerry's RC Garage

Awesome pictures Jason
jerry2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

The Homecoming G6 Challenge recap / results.

To really know where you are at, you have to know where you have been; and we have been to the mountain top. In fact, looking back on the first AWCC, Axial West Coast Championships, there were no national invites at stake or qualifiers to secure a chance at legendary status; nope, none of that, just good old fashioned, nerve rattling, coast to coast drivers trusting their lines in the first ever r/c rock crawling Big Event.

Drivers from all over the country attended; the who’s who of r/c crawling legends. Names like Austin Dunn, Jake Hallenbeck, Jason Hensel, Ryan Gerrish, Jason Gainey, Thad Garner, Dean Hsaio, John Shultz, Charlie Suangka, the list goes on and on and on. Champions were crowned; sometimes back to back and one to one drivers like Jake Wright and Cody Wagner competed in their fire suits, sans helmets, of course.

The courses were second to none. Lines that made hero’s out of some and zero’s out of others defined what r/c rock crawling would become; courses that pushed a driver’s skill level and car knowledge changed the way r/c crawlers built and drove their trucks.

As I set trail markers to yet another first in r/c scale adventure, the RECON G6 Challenge, I could feel the presence of all the past drivers on the rocks with me. Every driver from legends, to those who called the AWCC their first ever comp. I smiled as I remembered some driver’s fates on lines that others drove without hesitation. I laughed a loud as I remembered the looks on driver’s faces as they realized that they had to drive through mud with their r/c rock crawler. I felt pride as I stood in the area where I handed out several thousand dollars in prize money to driver’s that earned it!

I felt honored to have shared comp time with so many talented and fun-minded drivers, but a special bond developed for those judges and volunteers that bleed, sweat, and cursed at some of the requests I made. I love them all and none of it would have been possible without them.

Continuing to set trail markers and looking over the vastness of granite, I couldn’t help but realize that not only r/c rock crawling is in a slump, so is 1:1 rock crawling. There use to be several thousand spectators, but now, it looks like several hundred is the average. I shed a tear for days gone by, but then a huge smile turned my frown upside down, because I realized one thing…

…WE’RE G6’N AND YOU KNOW IT!

The Homecoming G6 Challenge was in full effect at rnd 2 of the Cal-Neva Extreme Rock Crawling Competition at Donner Ski Ranch located near Norden, California. Jerry Elifritz and Jason Wilson are G6’ers. They drove from Orange County to get another scaler fix in a RECON G6, just two weeks after Axialfest. Way to do work, Jerry & Jason! If Google had to define G6’er; there would be pics of every driver who has ever attempted a stage in a RECON G6 Challenge. If Webster had to define a G6’er; there would be just two pics; one of Russ Cushway and the other of Frank Testa.

Rush Cushway, Cushdog, lives his G6 life in the Wraith Class. His Axial Wraith was built with one purpose in mind, G6. He lives by the words of “know your driving capabilities and know your truck’s ability”. Don’t over drive either and live the adventure that a RECON G6 Challenge provides and you will finish stages. Keeping it scale and respecting the 4 rules of a G6 is a code that Cushdog embraces and makes him one the best G6’ers in the fastest growing class in the G6 Challenge; the Wraith / 2.2 Class.

Frank Testa, madtrouter, symbolizes the core of what the RECON G6 Challenge is; scale adventure and fun for the whole family. Frank is a force to be reckoned with when he lines up with fellow G6’ers in the Wraith Class. His Axial Wraith went under the knife and what emerged was a lean, mean, G6’n machine. His level of completing the driver’s log book correctly and getting all the G-Tags is hard to match, but what makes Frank a G6’ers, G6’er is that when his son is with him, they drive in the Team Class. Sharing driving duties with his son, who is an amazing young driver in his own right and together, they make one of the best teams in a RECON G6 Challenge.

With the hard work of Cole Bailey, John Halman, and B-Rad Bailey, the Homecoming G6 Challenge was extraordinary. Stage 1 was pure Sierra Nevada bliss while stage two was, well let’s just say, dark. Dark on many levels, but at only 100 trail markers, dark is good, right?

The infamous train tunnels of Donner Ski Ranch had drivers in and out of darkness until darkness was all a G6’er knew. Stage 2 was epic and for those G6’ers that drove it, a true accomplishment in another G6 first.

G6’ers never cease to amaze me, but how could they when they have names like Maberto, Chitty, & Goris. These are amongst the best who embrace scale adventure challenge and call the RECON G6 home.

Thanks to all the supporters of the RECON G6 Challenge.

Here are the times and some pics, congrats to Jim Eaton for earning his first “Driver of the Day” in the Adventurist Class; Russ Cushway in the Wraith / 2.2 Class; and Team mini MRB in the Team Class.
Attached Images

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 07-15-2012 at 01:45 PM.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #91
RCC Addict

way to go team vp

Last edited by VP Dan; 07-15-2012 at 04:57 PM.
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Some random pics...
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

G6'ers finishing Stage 1 of the Homecoming G6 Challenge.
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #94
I wanna be Dave

mucho picturos...
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

pictures a go-go...
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Homecoming is not official unless there is a float...(it's official)!
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

More G6'ers and even an OG6'er in "Mo' Pics, Please".
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #98
I wanna be Dave

Team VP drove Stage 1 w/ their 1.9 G-Rides and then they grabbed their training wheels, err 2.2 Wroncho & Wraith & headed out again.
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #99
RCC Addict

How did you get Rosa to smile and look at the camera?
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #100

Great pic's Brian thanks for sharing.
HB_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote

RECON G6 Challenge "The Homecoming" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RECON G6 Challenge & Rock Riot "Cantina for the Con" DRIVNMF Recon G6 166 10-01-2012 05:09 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Biggest Little G6" presented by Axial, VP, Pit Bull, & Novak DRIVNMF Recon G6 276 04-21-2012 01:09 PM
Aloha, RECON G6 Challenge "Shaka, Brah Classic" DRIVNMF Recon G6 142 04-19-2012 01:00 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "Embrace the Suck" Jan 28th Nor-Cal DRIVNMF Recon G6 119 02-03-2012 11:15 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "Birthday Bash" Dec. 3, 2011 DRIVNMF Recon G6 531 12-29-2011 10:43 AM