RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Recon G6 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/recon-g6/)
-   -   RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X" (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/recon-g6/391567-recon-g6-challenge-superlift-southern-showdown-g6-outlaw-terra-x.html)

jeepinkid83 10-01-2012 07:57 AM

Re: RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X"

Ok, where the heck do I even start.:shock: Without a doubt that was the most fun I have ever had with an RC. Parker is an evil genius when it comes to setting gates and played hell on us. Stage one was a brutal course that put you in the thick of the Arkansas woods,creeks and up huge hills. I started the carnage early in the day when both of my rear leaf springs broke 10 minutes after I started. Fixed and off and running I made quick work of the next 70 gates thanks to RolandRockShop"josh". 10 gates from the finish I lost the gears in my trans and broke a front drive shaft. Luckily Corky was there and pulled me to the end of the stage to the sled pull. My truck managed to pull the sled an astounding nowhere.

The terra-x was next and I have to say, was probably the most fun I had the whole day. I broke two driveshafts and lost a servo in the heat races, but thanks to Bert I got a new shaft for the wraith and won the 1.9 and 2.2 mains. After that I had to put Parker's "big girl panties" to good use and found one of them there big ole Superlift ORV Park hills and put it to the test, I think Parker had a good time with that one and be sure to ask him about Showtime Hill.

Finally the night stage was set and the fun was about to begin. I broke no less than 4 drive shafts and ended up having to take the walk of shame. Regardless, it was the best time of my life and I can't wait to do it again. I'm on the edge of my seat and I am looking forward to the next G6 within driving distance. Hell, I might even have to take a plane ride to get my G6 fix. Parker, I can't thank you enough for the hard work and effort you and your daughter put into this, it takes a special kind of crazy to do what you do. You will be seeing me again that's for sure."thumbsup"

jerry2575 10-01-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepinkid83 (Post 3942023)
Ok, where the heck do I even start.:shock: Without a doubt that was the most fun I have ever had with an RC. Parker is an evil genius when it comes to setting gates and played hell on us. Stage one was a brutal course that put you in the thick of the Arkansas woods,creeks and up huge hills. I started the carnage early in the day when both of my rear leaf springs broke 10 minutes after I started. Fixed and off and running I made quick work of the next 70 gates thanks to RolandRockShop"josh". 10 gates from the finish I lost the gears in my trans and broke a front drive shaft. Luckily Corky was there and pulled me to the end of the stage to the sled pull. My truck managed to pull the sled an astounding nowhere.

The terra-x was next and I have to say, was probably the most fun I had the whole day. I broke two driveshafts and lost a servo in the heat races, but thanks to Bert I got a new shaft for the wraith and won the 1.9 and 2.2 mains. After that I had to put Parker's "big girl panties" to good use and found one of them there big ole Superlift ORV Park hills and put it to the test, I think Parker had a good time with that one and be sure to ask him about Showtime Hill.

Finally the night stage was set and the fun was about to begin. I broke no less than 4 drive shafts and ended up having to take the walk of shame. Regardless, it was the best time of my life and I can't wait to do it again. I'm on the edge of my seat and I am looking forward to the next G6 within driving distance. Hell, I might even have to take a plane ride to get my G6 fix. Parker, I can't thank you enough for the hard work and effort you and your daughter put into this, it takes a special kind of crazy to do what you do. You will be seeing me again that's for sure."thumbsup"

The next one is in sparks, nv Parker's back yard. You got 2 weeks.

zonkerd 10-01-2012 07:06 PM

10 4 thats !!2 weeks you can do it"thumbsup"
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerry2575 (Post 3942812)

sumquak 10-01-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerry2575 (Post 3942812)

Rock Park is a great spot but i say save your money for Pyramid Lake,NV.
Parker says we're going back to the most awesome G6 terrain out there and we will swim with the "Water Babies" this time. "thumbsup"

sounds like ya'll had a great time with Parkers madness.

TMXONR 10-01-2012 08:46 PM

Who won the bounty hill?

ROLANDROCKSHOP 10-01-2012 09:04 PM

too many pics to post...
so here's the link...
enjoy!

G6 superlift showdown 2012 pictures by jah6580 - Photobucket

ROLANDROCKSHOP 10-01-2012 09:05 PM

eddie from crawler innovations won the 2.2 bounty hill climb with his foff rig.

a 1st timer with a bone stock honcho won the 1.9 hill climb..:shock: "thumbsup"

mjc597 10-01-2012 09:10 PM

that stocker climbed that hill like it was it's business !! "thumbsup"

hi its rick 10-01-2012 11:01 PM

hay dan went :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1349126655

VP Dan 10-02-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi its rick (Post 3943505)

:flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff:

halfcab 10-02-2012 08:50 AM

How many people showed up?

ROLANDROCKSHOP 10-02-2012 10:31 AM

@15 drivers showed up..

great times...8)

those who didnt come missed out...
best $50 ive EVER spent at an rc event..
didnt have to stand around for 45min to drive 5min..:flipoff:

i drove my rig @5 hours..day/night and terra-x races.:shock:...."thumbsup"

grapeaperacin 10-02-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi its rick (Post 3943505)

That magic smoke was Compliments of my Vw Terra-X racer "thumbsup"

Manning 10-02-2012 07:21 PM

Wish I could have made it. My twin daughter's birthday party was Sunday. There would have been repercussions had I not been there..... :shock:

DRIVNMF 10-03-2012 09:38 PM

The G-Crew made it home safe. We were sad to leave our new G6 Family members. I wish I could win the lottery, because the drivers that attended the Superlift Southern Showdown G6 would go to every G6!

What a great group of drivers that earned the title "G6er".

A full recap with results is coming up jus as soon as my road savvy ass regains feeling! "thumbsup"

For now, thanks to everyone who was part of the South's first RECON G6 Challenge.

-Parker

JeremyH 10-03-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROLANDROCKSHOP (Post 3943273)
eddie from crawler innovations won the 2.2 bounty hill climb with his foff rig.

Oh Damn, congrats Eddie!"thumbsup"

HONCHO22 10-05-2012 06:44 AM

i cant wait till next years G6! Parker is crazy as hell and puts on an awesome event!

ROLANDROCKSHOP 10-06-2012 02:31 PM

parker talking about charlie's driving..:lmao:

G6 parker.. - YouTube

ROLANDROCKSHOP 10-06-2012 05:56 PM

video..

https://vimeo.com/50899841

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/50899841?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0&amp;c olor=ff9100" width="1068" height="600" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

for some reason my camera decided it wasnt gonna record the footage i wa taking during the 1st half
of the G6..
yeah..
i got sick when i saw the video's werent on the sd card...
not much i can do but make shure it doesnt happen at the next one

CarterFab 10-06-2012 07:08 PM

Man, really sad I missed out on this. I'm starting a build now that I gonna be purpose built for TTC and G6 events. 2013 is gonna be the year for making events.